Cincinnati probably loses with a win..

Cajuncane

Senior
Premium
They already dropped and struggling today with a 3-5 now 3-6 Tulsa team sure isn’t gonna help their cause..not sure they will get in over any P5 one loss team now.Was hoping they’d get in to test the big boys.
Probably not gonna happen now even if they go undeafted as they’ve struggled against Navy,Tulane and now Tulsa the last thre weeks.

Advertisement
The committees agenda is pretty clear, they will always take any opportunity to prop up the SEC.

Cincinnati wasn’t getting in regardless, margin of victory is inconsequential to them, they only use it as a criteria when it suits their arguments to justify putting Bama in the top 4.

They want UGA vs Bama in the National title game, even though it’s already going to be the SEC title game.

The best bet for the rest of college football fans around the country who aren’t in Georgia or Alabama is to hope that either Oklahoma or OH St are good enough to upset one of them in the playoffs, otherwise it will be more SEC glory for another year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The committees agenda is pretty clear, they will always take any opportunity to prop up the SEC.

Cincinnati wasn’t getting in regardless margin of victory in inconsequential to them, they only use it a criteria when it suits their arguments to justify putting Bama in the top 4.

They want UGA vs Bama in the National title game, even though it’s already going to be the SEC title game.

The best bet for the rest of college football fans around the country who aren’t in Georgia or Alabama is to hope that either Oklahoma or OH St are good enough to upset one of them in the playoffs, otherwise it will be more SEC glory for another year.

Unlikely, but what if UGA beats Bama by 2+ scores in the SECCG, Bama has to fall past #4 with 2+ losses if OU, OSU, and Oregon win out, right? Atleast that is what I am thinking

I could care less. OSU struggled with a crap Nebraska team today. Oregon has played with fire all year. MSU lost.

Seems like only Cincinnati has their flaws held against them.
Very true…but it seems when they dropped them to six they sent a message that they needed to beat the rest of their opponents big and they came within a whisker of going into OT with Tulsa after struggling with a bad Tulane team and a worse Navy team the week before.

I’d love to see them get in but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them jumped again this week unless Oregon loses too.Seems like the committee is gonna do what they can to keep them out.They’re even talking about a two loss Bama team getting in if they lose to UGA in the SEC title game.What would have been interesting would have been if Auburn had won the west and Bama wasn’t even in the title game.Would they have put them in with two losses then not even winning their division.I guess that’s a mute point now with Auburn losing but if aTm wins out and Auburn somehow beats Bama they are the west champs and you have the same scenario.

I hope there’s a ****load of chaos and they get in but after their last three games they really will have to blow teams out to get in And if they do they would pro get waxed by whoever they play.

Unlikely, but what if UGA beats Bama by 2+ scores in the SECCG, Bama has to fall past #4 with 2+ losses if OU, OSU, and Oregon win out, right? Atleast that is what I am thinking
They put Bama @#2 on purpose for that very reason.

If Bama loses to UGA in the SEC title game, the farthest they’ll fall is #4 IMO, and the excuse they’ll use is resume, which is why they ranked TAMU & Auburn. Because with TAMU beating AU today that will move them up & them being the only loss on Bama’s schedule (thus far), the committee will use that as the justification for having a 2 loss bama in over 1 loss teams who win their conference championship.

But the scenario they’re hoping for is that Bama beats UGA in the SEC title game, so they can move Bama up to #1 & drop UGA to 2 & that way they can orchestrate the top 4 of Bama, UGA, OH St & Oregon/Oklahoma the way they want.

Ultimately, Oregon will probably end up as the odd man out because of how weak the PAC-12 is, especially if Oklahoma & OH St win out, there’s no way they can keep Oregon in over an undefeated Oklahoma & they’re not going to keep a B1G champion in OH St out after they beat Mich St & Michigan to finish the season.

Will still be seen as a quality loss.

Advertisement

If Bama loses to UGA in the SEC title game, the farthest they’ll fall is #4 IMO, and the excuse they’ll use is resume, which is why they ranked TAMU & Auburn. Because with TAMU beating AU today that will move them up & them being the only loss on Bama’s schedule (thus far), the committee will use that as the justification for having a 2 loss bama in over 1 loss teams who win their conference championship.

But the scenario they’re hoping for is that Bama beats UGA in the SEC title game, so they can move Bama up to #1 & drop UGA to 2 & that way they can orchestrate the top 4 of Bama, UGA, OH St & Oregon/Oklahoma the way they want.

Ultimately, Oregon will probably end up as the odd man out because of how weak the PAC-12 is, especially if Oklahoma & OH St win out, there’s no way they can keep Oregon in over an undefeated Oklahoma & they’re not going to keep a B1G champion in OH St out after they beat Mich St & Michigan to finish the season.

All facts.
OR, LSU can shake the ******* world up tonight cause 'Bama looks like they don't want to be out there right now lol.

Ultimately, Oregon will probably end up as the odd man out because of how weak the PAC-12 is, especially if Oklahoma & OH St win out, there’s no way they can keep Oregon in over an undefeated Oklahoma & they’re not going to keep a B1G champion in OH St out after they beat Mich St & Michigan to finish the
Would they put Bama at 4 and have UGA and Bama meet in back to back games cause 1-4 play and 2-3 right.I wish they would cause that in itself would start a mutiny of the Presidents and ADs in the other Conferences.

Advertisement
I could care less. OSU struggled with a crap Nebraska team today. Oregon has played with fire all year. MSU lost.

Seems like only Cincinnati has their flaws held against them.
Was just having this same conversation

The narrative is eye roll inducing

Advertisement
Back