Chud/Mario combo will be head coaching solution....

Al Foil

Coach Pepe MAGA!
Cristobal understands that his talents are best utilized as the "ace recruiter assistant coach". He is simply not head coaching or coordinator material. Nonetheless, he has and will continue to make millions of dollars embracing this role.

We know how much he loves Miami and I believe he would jump at the opportunity to join a coaching staff led by Rob Chudzinski if the money is close to being "right".

We can get Chud for a very good price with plenty of $ to add Mario to the staff as assistant head coach.

A staff with Chud and Mario at the top would be deadly.

Advertisement
Cristobal understands that his talents are best utilized as the "ace recruiter assistant coach". He is simply not head coaching or coordinator material. Nonetheless, he has and will continue to make millions of dollars embracing this role.

We know how much he loves Miami and I believe he would jump at the opportunity to join a coaching staff led by Rob Chudzinski if the money is close to being "right".

We can get Chud for a very good price with plenty of $ to add Mario to the staff as assistant head coach.

U know who is available for a comparable or better price and actually mentored them both and would possibly hire them both?

BUTCH DAVIS

This fanbase is so soft.

I will be demanding Butch and will not settle for Mario and Chud. If you can count on one thing, it's this fanbase always mentioning Chud and Mario as legitimate head coaching candidates.

I wouldn't mind Chud as head coach, but he better build a staff around him that can recruit, and then a great defensive staff. Neither him or Mario has a clue about defense.

That being said, there are better options out there

I wouldn't mind Chud as head coach, but he better build a staff around him that can recruit, and then a great defensive staff. Neither him or Mario has a clue about defense.

That being said, there are better options out there

If we assume school will not hire Butch as HC, then a combo of Chud as HC with Butch slipping in as DC could be magic. I don't get the whole Mario thing. He has left twice and failed as head coach. If Chud wants him fine, but not necessary in my book. Chud/Butch would scare the crap out of people and certainly boost recruiting.

Advertisement
So, a staff comprised of the OL coach from Bama, the assistant to the HC (not assistant HC) for the Colts, and a guy who's been out of coaching for 5 years (but talks about college football on TV and radio) will save the program and scare the college football world??

I'm not saying they can't win ... But that staff isn't scaring anyone.

Some of us fans need to get out of the 90's ... Nobody is "afraid" of the "big, bad Hurricanes", anymore. We haven't been "big and bad" in 15 years ...

It's been stated here repeatedly that Chud is no fan of recruiting. I have to admit he's hoping for another shot at and NFL HC gig.

It's been stated here repeatedly that Chud is no fan of recruiting. I have to admit he's hoping for another shot at and NFL HC gig.

Huge misconception. Chud was a very good recruiter. He went head to head against Pete Carrol for elite recruit Fred Davis and had him locked up; however, Chud left for NFL and Davis was gone.

- Toledo Blade

Nevertheless, assistant coaches do the heavy lifting. Chud would retain Beard (played for him), Hurlie and Ice.

Chud's 3 National Championship ringz and NFL experience will close the deal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
not_this_****_again.jpg

Mario sucks as a HC and Coordinator. Chud doesn't care for recruiting. Don't really see this as much improvement over our current situation.

Hey, in case you haven't seen the memo, within the coaching fraternity and national media it's long been recognized that the Miami fan base sucks - half-empty stadiums, shortage of deep pockets, unable to retain successful coaches, counter-productive fringe (see this board). So we might, as suggested above, be confined to going the in-bred route and sniffing out old Canes should Golden be fired or bolt for another job. But even that route isn't a slam dunk, consider:

- Again, some may not have received the memo, but sadly BUTCH DAVIS in not hireable. The stench from North Carolina, John Blake and his escapades to the academic issues which are back under NCAA investigation, is the reason Butch hasn't coached since 2010. That's 2010, folks. And, by the way, he's about to turn 64.

- Chud is a good man and decent offensive coordinator, though folks with good memories may recall *****ing about his play calling when he was the OC. After this season, could be in line for another NFL shot. Would he leave the NFL for a college job, and if so what would that say about his NFL stock. He's been away from the college game for more than 12 years. Would he want to recruit, babysit players, oversee a rebuild, deal with a fickle fan base?

- Mario Cristobal might be the best and only option from within the Cane Family . . . well-paid OL/recruiter from Alabama, who got fired by another former family member at FIU, and then was brought back into the family before bolting after a few days to Tuscaloosa. Miami can probably afford him and he'd jump at the offer. Sadly, don't see anyone else lining up to hire him as head coach. But this might be our best and only ex-Cane option.

So, as stated above, maybe the fan base needs to get out of the '90s and get a touch of reality. Like it or not, we might want to pull for this current group, because there are no slam-dunk saviors on the horizon.

Last edited:
Mario has already stepped on it here...Butch is 64 years old with a lot of baggage...Chud will be prime head coach material for the NFL after the coming season is over..

Advertisement

No one can be that dumb.

Why settle for pups, when you can get the Big Dog?

Butch Davis. He was coach here when you were in the second grade. Do some homework.

Advertisement
Hey, in case you haven't seen the memo, within the coaching fraternity and national media it's long been recognized that the Miami fan base sucks - half-empty stadiums, shortage of deep pockets, unable to retain successful coaches, counter-productive fringe (see this board). So we might, as suggested above, be confined to going the in-bred route and sniffing out old Canes should Golden be fired or bolt for another job. But even that route isn't a slam dunk, consider:

- Again, some may not have received the memo, but sadly BUTCH DAVIS in not hireable. The stench from North Carolina, John Blake and his escapades to the academic issues which are back under NCAA investigation, is the reason Butch hasn't coached since 2010. That's 2010, folks. And, by the way, he's about to turn 64.

- Chud is a good man and decent offensive coordinator, though folks with good memories may recall *****ing about his play calling when he was the OC. After this season, could be in line for another NFL shot. Would he leave the NFL for a college job, and if so what would that say about his NFL stock. He's been away from the college game for more than 12 years. Would he want to recruit, babysit players, oversee a rebuild, deal with a fickle fan base?

- Mario Cristobal might be the best and only option from within the Cane Family . . . well-paid OL/recruiter from Alabama, who got fired by another former family member at FIU, and then was brought back into the family before bolting after a few days to Tuscaloosa. Miami can probably afford him and he'd jump at the offer. Sadly, don't see anyone else lining up to hire him as head coach. But this might be our best and only ex-Cane option.

So, as stated above, maybe the fan base needs to get out of the '90s and get a touch of reality. Like it or not, we might want to pull for this current group, because there are no slam-dunk saviors on the horizon.

What a load of uninformed crap.

1. Butch Davis and Nick Saban are the exact same age.

2. Butch Davis while at UNC was clean. Period. You need to catch up on reality. Mario.

3. I wouldn't let Mario coach my Pee Wee team if I were the sponsor.

Just what we need. A fourth half-assed head coach.

What a load of uninformed crap.

1. Butch Davis and Nick Saban are the exact same age.

2. Butch Davis while at UNC was clean. Period. You need to catch up on reality. Mario.

3. I wouldn't let Mario coach my Pee Wee team if I were the sponsor.

Just what we need. A fourth half-assed head coach.

This. Although I believe Butch is clear and he would be my first choice as next HC, I don't think UM will go that route. But even if it's not Butch, they need to hire someone that is proven and is going to get the job done. Quit ******* around and make a quality hire and they wont have to search for someone every 4-5 years.

You need to separate the fact that our sad BOT will not consider Butch Davis for a coaching position, and some claim that he is "unhireable"....sure, the premise is the same, but Petrino was "unhireable" until Louisville decided they wanted to make sure they were relevant post Strong.

Again, not disagreeing with the bottom line, but the fact is that our admin is more concerned with outside perception than any true desire to win. If money is truly a concern and the desire to get the program back is there, Butch makes complete sense as a short term solution to make UM a more appealing coaching destination.

I have no idea if he would succeed, but it wouldn't be for a lack of motivation to do so.....

UM

Anyone that pines for Mario ******* Cristobal to be the next head coach of the Miami Hurricanes should be shamed out of their fandom. They are essentially clamoring for an Al Golden clone. Same goes for Chud or Schiano. There are better options out there ********, think outside the box.

Advertisement
Back