Chuck and Chernoff in Atlanta (radio)

rccollins

Sophomore
They cover a lot of college football.. . listening today, Chuck read from a list that some newspaper had up of the top five college football drug scandals... so I am listening. and at number 3 is us- from the nevin shapiro-gate.

Here is the link from what he was reading:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2012/02/tcu_football_drug_scandal.php

Is this writer from the houston press crazy or am I? I thought there was not one mention of drugs in all of nevin's elaborate tale (as imaginative as it was),,, am I wrong? did I miss it?

If this was just made up by the writer of the houston press, should we all shoot him an email? and perhaps Chuck Oliver as well?

:neonu:

Advertisement
Just googled looking for a connection, and only found the whitlock article talking about how drugs were nowhere to be found in chucky robinson's two bit report....hmmm

Soooooo if we are #3 on the list of drug scandals.....what did we beat out?

The Alabama player that carried the old lady's groceries home from the drug store?

Advertisement
This fool is as uninformed as anyone could be. They also were commenting on the QB brown tranferring from MD and they make my head explode!!! all they know is GA football and that's it, everything else just comes secondary and even when they read from other sites and news papers they come accross dumb and ignorant.

Everyone comment on the article. Don't care how crappy his little paper is, can't stand when people lie about crap like that just to start **** with the Canes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...Nevin-Shapiro-Miami-Hurricanes-scandal-082811

"Check my record. I have never liked The U. The “swagger” has always offended me. I recognized 25 years ago the “swagger” would make The U vulnerable to the kind of unfair attack it is experiencing today.

I’m not a homer for The U. I wasn’t a homer for Duke lacrosse. I don’t like media narratives that rely on the public giving in to its biases.

There are several large holes in the Yahoo!/Shapiro story and one gaping hole. I’ll start with the biggest because it connects to the others.

One word is missing from the Yahoo! story: Drugs.

You can’t tell this story accurately, honestly or credibly without addressing the drug issue. Drugs would raise legitimate questions about the nature of Shapiro’s relationships with the handful of anonymous sources backing (and/or refuting) Shapiro’s claims. Drugs would tell us a lot about Nevin Shapiro.

But the Yahoo! story would leave you to believe Shapiro operated in America’s Cocaine Capital, allegedly arranged strippers and hookers for seemingly half of The U, spent his nights in VIP areas at nightclubs and strip clubs partying with 20-somethings, and no one smoked a joint, snorted coke, popped X, swallowed OxyContin or even took Advil."

Advertisement
Advertisement
aka we skate

I don't know if UM gets nothing else, but I don't expect it to be any worse than OSU.

I think what they did was actually worse (cheating AFTER they got caught, c'mon).

From what I have read the worse UM's players did was eat a few meals and possibly have some alcohol.

The prostitution and yacht **it is bogus...can't prove it.

The most potentially damning thing in the article is the allegation that we lead kids to that agency that Wilfork signed with. My question is, how the heck is the NCAA going to prove that when nobody is going to talk while the agency owner completely denies it?

Advertisement
Is Miami really still the cocaine capital?

Miami is the capital of...

Cocaine
Medicare Fraud
Mortgage Fraud
PIP Insurance Fraud
and moving up fast Homeowner's Insurance Fraud

We lead the nation in Frauds.

Is Miami really still the cocaine capital?

Miami is the capital of...

Cocaine
Medicare Fraud
Mortgage Fraud
PIP Insurance Fraud
and moving up fast Homeowner's Insurance Fraud

We lead the nation in Frauds.

What's PIP Insurance Fraud?

When I bought some UM gear from the bookstore people at the pregame event before the Maryland game, I found out that my credit/debit card was blocked from further purchases. This was done by a bank here in the Washington D.C. area. It turns out that they put some kind of fraud block on south Florida purchases even though I never traveled to south Florida. The bank told me that south Florida is a very high credit fraud area, and I should tell them in the future any time I plan to travel down there.

And the funny thing is, I made the purchase in College Park, MD, from a Miami-based vendor, the university. That was enough to trigger the block.

Advertisement
Back