Christobal interviewing for WMU job

Advertisement
I'd hate to see the kind of top notch talent Cristobal can pull pitching Western Michigan and the Broncos' rich history of existing.

This guy is trying to make it a habit to accept one job and a few days later take another one, huh?

Advertisement
He turned down the Pitt and Rutgers head coaching jobs 5 years ago to stay at FIU. I can think of few other coaches who made dumber career moves.

He got fired from FIU after the next year. And now he can't even get a coordinating job anywhere.

Turning down that Pitt job was a really dumb career move, I couldn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now.

The only question I have is this: was he actually really offered that job? Because I would have dope slapped him myself for not taking that job. What an idiot. How do you choose FIU over Pitt?

Advertisement
Turning down that Pitt job was a really dumb career move, I couldn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now.

The only question I have is this: was he actually really offered that job? Because I would have dope slapped him myself for not taking that job. What an idiot. How do you choose FIU over Pitt?

This article from the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette describes him as the front runner for the Pitt job. Pitt Coaching Search: Florida International coach a front-runner | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's not 100% clear he was offered the Pitt job. At the very least Cristobal withdrew his name from consideration after Pitt was taking a very hard look at him.

Mario has to be the dumbest person as it relates to his own career. Turned down better Power 5 offers from at a time he had (when he was HC at FIU). Then, accepts a job from Miami as a position coach, only to a couple weeks later accept a job at Bama. Now he gets hired on as Oregon's Co-OC, only to then interview for a HC at Western Michigan.

Is Cristobal's co-OC title really meaningful, or is it just a symbolic title like Shannon had at UF before this year where somebody else is the real coordinator?

Advertisement
Mario has to be the dumbest person as it relates to his own career. Turned down better Power 5 offers from at a time he had (when he was HC at FIU). Then, accepts a job from Miami as a position coach, only to a couple weeks later accept a job at Bama. Now he gets hired on as Oregon's Co-OC, only to then interview for a HC at Western Michigan.

Can you seriously blame anybody for leaving Golden's staff for Saban's staff?

75423-39Fr.jpg

I think he would have been a far better fit at FAU then Kiffin. Maybe his 12 month plan is to wait for Kiffin to Kiffin and jump to a new job at the end of next year, then he goes from WMU to FAU which is sort of an upgrade?

Advertisement

Not sure how this series of moves is a dumb trajectory. Maybe Oregon plays out, maybe not. If he want to be a HC this makes sense.

Not sure how this series of moves is a dumb trajectory. Maybe Oregon plays out, maybe not. If he want to be a HC this makes sense.

You really have to question his integrity at this point, has nothing to do with "dumb" or not.

Advertisement
Back