Christobal interviewing for WMU job

Les Miles called WMU about getting their job. But WMU already turned him down and won't even give Miles an interview.

https://www.google.com/amp/collegef...didate-at-western-michigan/amp/?client=safari

I feel a little sorry for Miles. But it's also pretty hilarious how nobody gives him a job. After he won 78% of his games in the SEC West, and a NC to boot.

I'd imagine they wouldn't entertain hiring Miles because they know how quickly he'd accept the next job out of there. Miles can still coach and recruit P5.

Advertisement
Mario has to be the dumbest person as it relates to his own career. Turned down better Power 5 offers from at a time he had (when he was HC at FIU). Then, accepts a job from Miami as a position coach, only to a couple weeks later accept a job at Bama. Now he gets hired on as Oregon's Co-OC, only to then interview for a HC at Western Michigan.

Not sure how this series of moves is a dumb trajectory. Maybe Oregon plays out, maybe not. If he want to be a HC this makes sense.

You really have to question his integrity at this point, has nothing to do with "dumb" or not.

What if his deal with Willie is "unless I'm interviewed for a HC position" ??

He'll kill it at WMU because bamer has "great" coaches. Won't matter, if he gets the job, that his roster won't be all top 4 and 5 Star players because coaching at bamer means you're a great coach by association. He'll implement his revolutionary OL training and techniques that no other coach has done or conceived. I'm telling you he's going to be great at WMU, like nothing you ever seen (Trump impersonation).

I think he would have been a far better fit at FAU then Kiffin. Maybe his 12 month plan is to wait for Kiffin to Kiffin and jump to a new job at the end of next year, then he goes from WMU to FAU which is sort of an upgrade?

WMU did go 13-0, including beating Northwestern and Illinois before losing to Wisconsin in one of the top six bowls by only 8 points. Were quite an offensive juggernaut, don't see that in his background nor as prep for the Oregon position.

Oh no!!! He's going to raid all the 4-5 stars from South Florida.

It's sad, because I guarantee that there are a couple of people lurking in this thread thinking that chrystalballs will raid our recruits from this school

Advertisement
He'll kill it at WMU because bamer has "great" coaches. Won't matter, if he gets the job, that his roster won't be all top 4 and 5 Star players because coaching at bamer means you're a great coach by association. He'll implement his revolutionary OL training and techniques that no other coach has done or conceived. I'm telling you he's going to be great at WMU, like nothing you ever seen (Trump impersonation).

too much common sense in this post

Luigi is the Cuban version of Jeff Jagodzinski. He obviously has zero integrity unless he has a clearcut massa like Saban.

Les Miles called WMU about getting their job. But WMU already turned him down and won't even give Miles an interview.

https://www.google.com/amp/collegef...didate-at-western-michigan/amp/?client=safari

I feel a little sorry for Miles. But it's also pretty hilarious how nobody gives him a job. After he won 78% of his games in the SEC West, and a NC to boot.

I actually like Miles, just because he's a god damned weirdo. No school wants to hire him to come in and run his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense though. And it's not like he's a young guy that can change...isn't he **** near 70?

Advertisement

I actually like Miles, just because he's a god damned weirdo. No school wants to hire him to come in and run his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense though. And it's not like he's a young guy that can change...isn't he **** near 70?

Frank Solich took the Ohio job running the same NU triple option from under center, I form w/ a wing... now look at Ohio's offense. Guys CAN change if they want to. But does Les need the $ as much as Frank did?

Frank Solich took the Ohio job running the same NU triple option from under center, I form w/ a wing... now look at Ohio's offense. Guys CAN change if they want to. But does Les need the $ as much as Frank did?

Frank got a raw deal at NU. They fired him for going 10-2 consistently and they are still recovering.

Dont know if anyone mentioned this yet...but the latest report (5 hours ago) is that Cristobal accepted the position to be Oregon's OC.

Mario has to be the dumbest person as it relates to his own career. Turned down better Power 5 offers from at a time he had (when he was HC at FIU). Then, accepts a job from Miami as a position coach, only to a couple weeks later accept a job at Bama. Now he gets hired on as Oregon's Co-OC, only to then interview for a HC at Western Michigan.

Can you seriously blame anybody for leaving Golden's staff for Saban's staff?

We've had this debate ad nauseam. Mario attempted to get the experience to garner himself into a Power 5 HC role; that hasn't happened. Being on Golden's staff isn't the end all be all either. Jedd Fisch seemed to do just fine. As did some other coaches like Larry Scott.

Advertisement

Frank got a raw deal at NU. They fired him for going 10-2 consistently and they are still recovering.

I agree 100%. NU was in the perfect position to keep that offense going. But Ohio wasn't. The kids didn't know it in-state, and he was getting 5th tier kids instead of 1st. He had to change and he adapted it to a shotgun system and it has worked. Still lots of triple though!

I agree 100%. NU was in the perfect position to keep that offense going. But Ohio wasn't. The kids didn't know it in-state, and he was getting 5th tier kids instead of 1st. He had to change and he adapted it to a shotgun system and it has worked. Still lots of triple though!

Solich did rather mediocre at Nebraska once Eric Crouch and the rest of Tom Osborne's recruits were gone. Judging Solich solely by his winning percentage is like doing the same for Larry Coker and Mark Helfrich. Unlike Coker and Solich, Miles was actually able to maintain success.

Anyway Solich was actually able to get an FBS (albeit non-Power 5) job, while Miles can not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol at guys lobbying for him to get the HC position here. **** out there with that ****. He better go to the YMCA and take that Dorito track

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back