Christian Williams

yeah, that sounds great but I need to see it buddy. I like your vigor though champ, I will hold out until I see it
You asked a question and it was answered CHAMP! But I need to see it too. Theirs only maybe two proven starters on defense right Greg15 and bubba Bolden. Everybody else I will hold out until I see it too buddy !

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes DB/Striker signee Jalen Harrell was supposed to enroll at UM May 18 for the first summer session.

But because his high school classes went virtual it wasn’t possible for him to finish up early and have his transcripts sent to Miami and cleared in time.

So he remains in virtual high school finishing up and isn’t sure if he’ll have everything in order by Summer B which starts June 29.

“I am just finishing my high school classes so when they start practicing I can be ready to get there,” Harrell said. “It’s frustrating I wasn’t able (to start school yet), but there’s nothing we can do. Everybody is affected by it.”

To help make up for the lost time for the incoming freshmen who did not get on campus early, coaches are hosting Zoom calls several days a week to go over everything.

“Coach (Ephraim) Banda, I’m on a Zoom call every morning except for Friday and weekends with him, Brian (Balom) and Avantae (Williams),” Harrell said, referring to the two other freshmen safeties. “He mostly goes over the installs, plays and everything so it won’t be brand new to me once I get on campus.”

The calls last around a half hour each, and Banda has given the safeties quizzes at different points.

“He’s trying to get it all to register in our brains,” Harrell said. “I’ve learned a good amount, so I won’t be totally lost once he goes over it in the room (at Miami).

“It’s not that hard to pick up, but remembering it is the key. You can say it’ll be a tough transition with less time (on the practice field), but I’ll pick it up.”

Originally Harrell said the plan was for him to start out at Striker, but coaches moved Keonta Smith there in the spring to join Gil Frierson. And now Harrell says he anticipates he’ll be a safety.

“When we go over the plays we’re looking at all safety stuff,” he says.

At 6-foot-2, Harrell currently weighs 192 pounds - he played last season at 190.

“I’m running two miles every day, jump rope and I get some footwork in, speed work in,” he says.

Miami Hurricanes DB/Striker signee Jalen Harrell was supposed to enroll at UM May 18 for the first summer session.

But because his high school classes went virtual it wasn’t possible for him to finish up early and have his transcripts sent to Miami and cleared in time.

So he remains in virtual high school finishing up and isn’t sure if he’ll have everything in order by Summer B which starts June 29.

“I am just finishing my high school classes so when they start practicing I can be ready to get there,” Harrell said. “It’s frustrating I wasn’t able (to start school yet), but there’s nothing we can do. Everybody is affected by it.”

To help make up for the lost time for the incoming freshmen who did not get on campus early, coaches are hosting Zoom calls several days a week to go over everything.

“Coach (Ephraim) Banda, I’m on a Zoom call every morning except for Friday and weekends with him, Brian (Balom) and Avantae (Williams),” Harrell said, referring to the two other freshmen safeties. “He mostly goes over the installs, plays and everything so it won’t be brand new to me once I get on campus.”

The calls last around a half hour each, and Banda has given the safeties quizzes at different points.

“He’s trying to get it all to register in our brains,” Harrell said. “I’ve learned a good amount, so I won’t be totally lost once he goes over it in the room (at Miami).

“It’s not that hard to pick up, but remembering it is the key. You can say it’ll be a tough transition with less time (on the practice field), but I’ll pick it up.”

Originally Harrell said the plan was for him to start out at Striker, but coaches moved Keonta Smith there in the spring to join Gil Frierson. And now Harrell says he anticipates he’ll be a safety.

“When we go over the plays we’re looking at all safety stuff,” he says.

At 6-foot-2, Harrell currently weighs 192 pounds - he played last season at 190.

“I’m running two miles every day, jump rope and I get some footwork in, speed work in,” he says.
This time off stuff tells me that fundamentals are going to erode. Another obstacle for the coaching staff. Will they be able to tighten up the fundamentals ?

So the Amari Carter at striker dream is dead:

DE: Roche / Harvey / Chantz / Q. Williams
DE: Rousseau / Phillips / Blissett / C. Williams

DT: Silvera / Holley / Hunte / Carter
DT: Ford / Miller / Roberts / Neely

LB: Brooks / Huff / Steed / Cave / Ragone
LB: McCloud /Joyner / Jennings / Flagg

DB: Frierson / Smith / Washington / Alford

CB: Blades / Couch / Clarke / Gutierrez
CB Williams / Ivey / Dunson / Burrows

SS: Bolden / Carter / Balom / Feldman
FS: Hall / Avantae / Harrell / Barnes

Last edited:
Advertisement

SS: Bolden / Smith / Balom / Feldman

I like but I think Couch beats out Williams

/what happened to Carter?

Nothing happened but the article posted above states that Frierson/Keontra appear firmly entrenched at striker - which is fine.

Carter has been the 3rd safety since **** near 2017 so keeping him there to compete with Bolden and Hall probably makes sense.

No great reason to love him, and maybe he'll only play in blitz packages with a talent infusion in the secondary this year and last.

However, Diaz seems to favor upperclassmen.

Aside from Shaq, there were several contributors who played ahead of younger, perhaps more talented players.

The following players were rammed down our throats last year despite not always performing well:

Bethel - out of football
Knowles - out of football
Pinckney - out of football
Nnoruka - out of football
Garvin - 7th round
Finley - undrafted FA
Bandy - undrafted FA
Hill - undrafted FA
Patchan - transfer
Ragone - no comment

Those guys played because the staff trusted them while Miller, Harvey, Blissett, Holley, K. Smith, Brooks, Joyner, C. Williams, Couch, Frierson etc spent most of the season watching from the sideline. They'll find a way to get Carter on the field as the lone senior in the defensive backfield. Book it.
Yep, and then the staff will talk about how long it takes young players to learn the plays yada yada even thought true freshmen start on way better teams all the time. It's irritating because THEIR JOB is to get the players ready so that the most talented players can play.

Nothing happened but the article posted above states that Frierson/Keontra appear firmly entrenched at striker - which is fine.

Carter has been the 3rd safety since **** near 2017 so keeping him there to compete with Bolden and Hall probably makes sense.
I was just curious, I did not see him on your safety list..... I would love to see KS take the Striker job btw

Advertisement
I was just curious, I did not see him on your safety list..... I would love to see KS take the Striker job btw

Yeah I like Smith in that role, and may the best man win, but I hope they don't split snaps. The starter is the starter for a reason. Play your best players. This isn't Little League.

Yeah I like Smith in that role, and may the best man win, but I hope they don't split snaps. The starter is the starter for a reason. Play your best players. This isn't Little League.
If either can play like Romeo last season I'm happy

I hope Jennings and Steed are recovering strong. If I ever see Ragone taking defensive snaps in a game that we aren't up by at least 24 points, my reaction will probably take years off my life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope Jennings and Steed are recovering strong. If I ever see Ragone taking defensive snaps in a game that we aren't up by at least 24 points, my reaction will probably take years off my life.

lol that would mean he’d be 2nd or 3rd string. He should only play if we are up 60

Pretty sure Harrell is more of a ss while Balom is a fs

I remember hearing Keyshawn Washington was the better safety out of him and Jaiden Francois from a few interviews on rivals. I think he’s a dark horse.

Advertisement
Back