Christian Williams

Advertisement
Or have elite recruiters. Before recently..... USC, Texas, ND, Oklahoma, etc all struggled but constantly brought in top ranked classes.
OU has won the Big 12 twelve times since 2000. Three CFP appearances. Notre Dame has been to a playoff and title game since 2012. Texas is the #1 school in a state full of talent and USC has been to a Rose Bowl and Fiesta in the last 3 years. Throw in that they're the traditional power out west. None of those schools are in Miami's situation.

How many elite prospects are in each class and at each position? Was Frierson elite? Kirby and UGA wanted him? How about Bandy Oklahoma wanted him?

And the excuse they were coming here any way doesn’t work or we would have MAR right now and many other would have been canes.

Reality is you can’t land 5 stars at every position if that’s what the bar for elite is set at.
Rumph has not landed ONE 5* in 4 recruiting cycles. 2 of them he personally knew and coached since jits and won a state championship with.

Advertisement
OU has won the Big 12 twelve times since 2000. Three CFP appearances Notre Dame has been to a playoff and title game since 2012. Texas is the #1 school in a state full of talent and USC has been to a Rose Bowl and Fiesta in the last 3 years. Throw in their the traditional power out west. None of those schools are in Miami's situation.
I said before recently, all have struggled besides a good season here or there mixed in. Just like us in '17. All have consistently out recruited us

This is dumb. You guys forget Shaq and Pinck were a low 4 star and a mid 3 star and have played like borderline all Americans. He got the best out of them.

There’s some debate about that. That could also be that expectations were sky high after freshmen year. McCloud has regressed though.

Either way my main point was he’s not an elite recruiter either in defense of Rumph.

This is dumb. You guys forget Shaq and Pinck were a low 4 star and a mid 3 star and have played like borderline all Americans. He got the best out of them.
Shaq was not a low 4 star. Shaq was highly ranked and a army all american. Shaq was **** near top 100. And pickney was a high 3 star and right their at a 4 star.

LOL, so we MAY get this one recruit out 99,99999999 free vacation visits.

And what would the reaction be here the first time some five star kid said he wanted to visit but the coaches didn’t make it happen?

I’m sure NO ONE here will start calling the staff lazy and incompetent for not getting such an elite player on campus.

Advertisement
Yes. But if we don’t do it that way we would have gotten 0. That’s the game we gotta play even if we are batting below .100 at the moment. You still have to shoot your shot. It’s your job as a staff.
Oh I agree, I'm just saying. Gets tiring being the fallback or used for a better offer team. I certainly hope that's changing

Washington will end up at guard in the long term. He’s basically Delone Scaife but more raw. He’s listed 6’4 but Is really 6’3. Not very long. No pass blocking on film almost at all.

Disagree. He seems to have adequate length. I see plenty of pass protection on his film (Jr and Sr year). His greatest attribute IMO is his quick feet. That translates very well to OL in a bunch of ways, but he has the feet to play tackle. I do agree he is similar to Scaife. But, that is a major compliment IMO. Scaife will be our starting RT this year with LT upside.

Who cares? You can have a 3* who balls or a full group of 4* and when they put the pads on the stars don't mean **** anymore
he doesn't have to land 5* guys but the last few years have seen us miss some local beasts. we are going to see these guys balling out for the next few years and its going to suck. our numbers just aren't that great in general. look at this cycle - one guy so far. i am not a rumph hater but we do need to elevate our game if we want to compete for championships. we need this guy in my opinion and he would be foolish not to come here with our depth chart as thin as it is.

Rumph has not landed ONE 5* in 4 recruiting cycles. 2 of them he personally knew and coached since jits and won a state championship with.

I see you stuck on only 5* can be elite and we can only win with a team full of those smh. How many 5 stars do you things we land at any position per recruiting cycle? Better yet what is the average number of 5* you think any team outside of Bama land per recruiting cycle regardless of position?

Because he coached 2 top dbs and won a state championship with them in highschool is what’s jading your view.

You do realize ratings are just based of potential and projections, at the end of the day what you do on the field matters the most. And there is nothing to argue against on the field.

Advertisement
I see you stuck on only 5* can be elite and we can only win with a team full of those smh. How many 5 stars do you things we land at any position per recruiting cycle? Better yet what is the average number of 5* you think any team outside of Bama land per recruiting cycle regardless of position?

Because he coached 2 top dbs and won a state championship with them in highschool is what’s jading your view.

You do realize ratings are just based of potential and projections, at the end of the day what you do on the field matters the most. And there is nothing to argue against on the field.
I like Rumph, I hope he succeeds and gets better at recruiting. Jimmies and Joe's always outweigh X's and Os.

Advertisement
I like Rumph, I hope he succeeds and gets better at recruiting. Jimmies and Joe's always outweigh X's and Os.

That’s true to a certain extent, but why worry about what somebody else has when what you have is working for you.

Clemson didn’t rise to the top off of just Jimmie and joes and 5* they believed in who they were getting worked for them. Then after they had national success more top talent wanted to come be a part of their program. Everyone just wants to see the baby and don’t care about the labor pains.

he doesn't have to land 5* guys but the last few years have seen us miss some local beasts. we are going to see these guys balling out for the next few years and its going to suck. our numbers just aren't that great in general. look at this cycle - one guy so far. i am not a rumph hater but we do need to elevate our game if we want to compete for championships. we need this guy in my opinion and he would be foolish not to come here with our depth chart as thin as it is.
I've been saying Rumph needs to open his searches for cbs way more because I think he has a really good eye for talent he just has to stop breaking it down to 5 guys at most especially when sleepers are begging for a shot who become stars later

From dixon on lsu 247.

And for those asking, this isn’t fluid anymore. LSU knows he’s Miami bound as they have talked with him throughout the past 48 hours and he’s been honest with them about why he’s torn and where he’s going.

Advertisement
Back