Christian Williams to Portal

I’m not sure what the twitter guy knows or if it’s even that serious , the things I’m talking about are not anything like previous years. If we string together some wins I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. They’re a fragile bunch that’s learning to win, a couple early losses is what concerns me. Winning covers up a lot.
Just win, don't care by how much. Build that confidence, then start blowing teams out.

That's how I feel. Baby steps first.

Advertisement
Oh this thread is classic. And the best part is going to be watching you all back pedal when UM goes 10-2 . Sure a kid who is in the 4 deep transfers and its our fault. lol It happens at every single school and will happen again this year , like at every single school.

Advertisement
This is a problem everywhere but the transfer rate at Miami has been higher than most in recent years. Is that a staff/program thing? Is that a SoFla thing? Or is it a combination of both?

As coaches, you not only have to sell yourself/program to HS kids to secure commitments, but you need to do the same to keep them once they are there.....make sure they see the full picture and are making long-term decision, not knee jerk reactions. Strictly having X's and O's coaches is long gone. Today it's part coach, part mentor, part salesman, full-time psychologist. Winning helps but it's only one piece. If you aren't buying kids acceptance/patience or winning every year like some of the top schools, kids aren't going to be so willing to sit on the sidelines and watch. You need to build respect/trust as a staff that the best players are playing, decisions being made are truly in the best interest of the team AND player (nobody wants bad tape, they'll play when ready for success), competition is REAL, things aren't being promised that can't be upheld and everyone is getting a fair shake.....but driving home the point everything is earned with hard work and buying in. The NFL has shown how easily they will spit guys out who don't.

I look at a guy like Matt Rhule. That guy can coach and sell. He comes across as genuine, tough, adaptive and a guy who will work as hard for you as he will expect you to work for him.

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. 2019 was an embarrassment. If the results don't change this year, the methods and/or decisions (PT, scheme, staff) will be questioned by those within the room and those looking in from the outside.
nah, Einstein didn't say that.

he said: "The definition of insanity is doing the same MISTAKE over and over again, AND expecting different results." We do things all the time and expect a different result, and that's called practice, which isn't insane. it is repeating the same MISTAKE and expecting a different result that is insane. big difference. carry on.

Oh this thread is classic. And the best part is going to be watching you all back pedal when UM goes 10-2 . Sure a kid who is in the 4 deep transfers and its our fault. lol It happens at every single school and will happen again this year , like at every single school.
10-2 is a pipe dream.

Nothing like last year , that’s at least the positive. Last year was the craziest **** I’ve ever seen in my 42 years. This year it’s more butt hurt about depth chart and pt. Not guys going awol the night before the game and being blazed 24 hours a day.
Woah woah woah !!!! AWOL the night before ? If it’s QB #15 we talking before the fiu game ?

Advertisement
If Louisville goes full Mike Leach on us it won’t be just because of the corner backs. That would mean our dline took a step back in a year where we thought it was gonna be the best unit on our team.

Defensive line is not the problem when opposing quarterbacks are throwing in 2.3 seconds.

Free releases and wide open green grass due to stunts and blitzes are.

Advertisement
How about stupid money?

You want to fix our problems stop letting stupid people run our booster club and organization that helps get players and let our network of alumni be useful in helping out family’s just like these other schools do somehow they do it and aren’t caught why can’t we do the same if you don’t have a solution your just being negative and bringing nothing to the table to help win these battles

Advertisement
Blake James needs to stop with hiring these coaches that are learning on the job. That's a big part of this culture problem. The head dude don't know what the **** he's doing. You watch guy like Mallory and pope.... look at their bodies..it's like they did chit since they been here. I'd have a talk with several guys like Ivey, Mallory, pope, Harley etc. Some I'd tell to leave, some I'd say they better take football more seriously or gtfo. Mallory ****es me off cause he comes off as a guy who just does the bare min. To keep his coach happy. Whatever that is it doesn matter. If he worked harder he could Prolly start over Jordan. Weak minded cat most likely..seen him doing a lot of dumb chit at the end of games maimi lost. Diaz talk big chit he soft af too.

nah, Einstein didn't say that.

he said: "The definition of insanity is doing the same MISTAKE over and over again, AND expecting different results." We do things all the time and expect a different result, and that's called practice, which isn't insane. it is repeating the same MISTAKE and expecting a different result that is insane. big difference. carry on.
You're alright

~ 'stomp

This thread is all over the place. I have a feeling many of you in here are bracing yourselves for a bad season because you are already ramping up the "losing season" type talk. We had a kid transfer. We laugh at other schools when it happens to them. It was bound to happen us. So what? Lets move on and save some of this talk for if we lose to UL, FSU and Clemson in consecutive weeks. THEN we can go ape$hit. If we beat UL and FSU, nobody will even remember Christian Williams in 3 weeks with a big time matchup waiting against Clemson.

Advertisement
Back