Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
So let’s chat my brotha;

We’ve been hearing locker room problems for, I dunno, since 2016. Now, here was our CIS logic: Richt era- “Just wait til Richt get all of his players, and no longer have to deal w/ inherited players from the old regime.” Well, we saw what happened (and I thoroughly outlined what happened each season as Golden’s players departed, and Richt’s recruits came & took over in another thread, that highlighted how wrong that logic was.)

2019: Manny made it appear that Richt’s regime on O was the problem. He boasted about new Miami. Well, new Miami became old Miami, and when I say old, I mean pre-1980’s Miami. At season’s end, Manny’s staff “anonymously” leaked info about certain players being “cancers” in the locker room. Said cancers were eradicated from locker room.

2020: CIS logic - “Manny is righting the ship. Love how he made changes and brought leadership to the locker room and coaching staff.”

09/16/2020: We’re hearing that there are still locker room issues???? How?? Like ESPNU called out Diaz in our preview of this season, my guy has been here for 5 yrs now. Is he oblivious to locker room issues? Are these locker room issues w/ players or staff....and in either case, why in 2020 have they not been fixed since he’s been here this entire time? I know the admin, due to cronyism w/ his father, has given him carte blanche to run the program as he sees fit! What the fck is he not seeing, Crib?

We can’t keep hearing “locker room” issues today, 5 yrs into his employment
Appreciate the nuggets as always. That at least sounds encouraging that they are willing to bench McCould if he doesn't perform. As an aside, it is maddening how they are willing to do that with some guys and some positions but not others. Absolutely zero consistency.

The things I know about are nowhere in the same class as last year , as I’ve said I’ve never seen anything like that inside a program. A total clown show , which manny and some of the leaders allowed. JW was kicked off after going awol but the leadership council or whatever the f it’s called talked Diaz into bringing him back.

It’s still early but it’s typical bs , not the normal Miami soap opera. Now if we drop a couple early games it could go off the rails . It’s not the mentally strongest group. They’ve got to learn to win.

I do feel more confident with king as the leader than the guys last year. He’s here for business.

1600289306220.png

The things I know about are nowhere in the same class as last year , as I’ve said I’ve never seen anything like that inside a program. A total clown show , which manny and some of the leaders allowed. JW was kicked off after going awol but the leadership council or whatever the f it’s called talked Diaz into bringing him back.

It’s still early but it’s typical bs , not the normal Miami soap opera. Now if we drop a couple early games it could go off the rails . It’s not the mentally strongest group. They’ve got to learn to win.

I do feel more confident with king as the leader than the guys last year. He’s here for business.
I’m guessing a guy like Miller isn’t happy at being the 3rd DT. I’m sure some others are butt hurt on the offensive line front.

At the end of the day, if some of these players decide to leave....doesn’t that help the culture in the long run?

Advertisement
I’m guessing a guy like Miller isn’t happy at being the 3rd DT. I’m sure some others are butt hurt on the offensive line front.

At the end of the day, if some of these players decide to leave....doesn’t that help the culture in the long run?

Not if we have no depth like positions like CB

Wont fix ****.

There seems to be no desire to punish bad play. Been a constant theme for a minute here actually.

What is the purpose of leaving guys out on the field game after game watching them make the same mistakes? Because hes "a good kid" doesnt mean he should be playing more.

Carter should not be starting.

Ivey should be benched.

Ford needs to be put on notice.

Pope needs to be given a few more games to flash. If not, next man up.
Why should carter not be starting? Who cares who starts?

ford is doing exactly what we need, eat space

I personally always thought Wiggins had the best upside out of him and Pope

Ivey..lmao. He’ll have a pick this weekend 😂

Advertisement
These kids come in expecting a lot of pt and if they don’t get it immediately they’re ready to bounce. It’s only getting worse, it’s a problem everywhere. Good luck at being around 85.

This is a problem everywhere but the transfer rate at Miami has been higher than most in recent years. Is that a staff/program thing? Is that a SoFla thing? Or is it a combination of both?

As coaches, you not only have to sell yourself/program to HS kids to secure commitments, but you need to do the same to keep them once they are there.....make sure they see the full picture and are making long-term decision, not knee jerk reactions. Strictly having X's and O's coaches is long gone. Today it's part coach, part mentor, part salesman, full-time psychologist. Winning helps but it's only one piece. If you aren't buying kids acceptance/patience or winning every year like some of the top schools, kids aren't going to be so willing to sit on the sidelines and watch. You need to build respect/trust as a staff that the best players are playing, decisions being made are truly in the best interest of the team AND player (nobody wants bad tape, they'll play when ready for success), competition is REAL, things aren't being promised that can't be upheld and everyone is getting a fair shake.....but driving home the point everything is earned with hard work and buying in. The NFL has shown how easily they will spit guys out who don't.

I look at a guy like Matt Rhule. That guy can coach and sell. He comes across as genuine, tough, adaptive and a guy who will work as hard for you as he will expect you to work for him.

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. 2019 was an embarrassment. If the results don't change this year, the methods and/or decisions (PT, scheme, staff) will be questioned by those within the room and those looking in from the outside.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's WR unrest, too.

Eh I don't know if I see that yet. Strepo looks like a hard worker, not one to complain, Redding was hurt most of camp and got the most reps of the TF WR; Smith wasnt as highly rated, unsure if he has that 5star expectation, and Daz is coming off injury, maybe is one to make a little noise but overall seems like a quiet good kid. Other than that MAYBE Payton for being a RS candidate when everyone says he looked like a stud last year and not getting much burn game one.

Yeesh @Cribby got me stressing.

Man, I sure hope we win on Saturday and put some wins together.

Irresponsible of where this season goes, Rumph, Parke and Baker 10000000% should not be employed by the University of Miami next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

At a certain point it is also on the leader to build the culture and get everyone to buy into it. You can’t keep firing people to build culture, especially when they are people that you hired.

Yeesh @Cribby got me stressing.

Man, I sure hope we win on Saturday and put some wins together.

Irresponsible of where this season goes, Rumph, Parke and Baker 10000000% should not be employed by the University of Miami next year.

I’m not sure what the twitter guy knows or if it’s even that serious , the things I’m talking about are not anything like previous years. If we string together some wins I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. They’re a fragile bunch that’s learning to win, a couple early losses is what concerns me. Winning covers up a lot.

And it seem Ed Reed is around a lot

Advertisement
Back