Christian Williams to Portal

Rumph's gotta go...

There's no more defending him, he's just not getting the job done as a CB's coach.

From the misses in recruiting, to the failure to develop, the refusal of holding Ivey accountable & now our depth takes a hit, it's just time for a divorce.

Great Cane, but I'm sorry business is business & we're going on year 4 of this & it's not getting any better.

im not disagreeing that CB has been a weak spot. But are you sure he’s the guy to blame for the recruiting evals? From what I hear/read, Diaz, baker and Banda have more to do with that than rumph.

Advertisement
No, no; I’m not OK w/ Rumph, period. I don’t give af he’s an alum. I’ve been calling out our DB recruiting & play for a while. The CBs don’t get their heads around. His best coaching yr was 2016....Each yr, our DBs have gotten progressively worse.

Dean-Buns

Bandy-Started off great, fell flat

Ivey-Cheeks

Jackson-Went from 2nd - 3rd round grade his Jr yr, to barely being drafted his Sr year (he came back to improve his draft stock)

Delaney-Went from a 4th round draft grade from The Citadel, came to Miami to upgrade his draft status, went I drafted b/c he was *** here!

Blades is the only CB that shows any promise.

Rumph can’t recruit, and he’s an mediocre coach, and I stand by that. If he wasn’t on the 01 squad, ya’ll (not u, per day) wouldn’t keep making excuses or keep using the “he’s a good coach” narrative. Somewhere UABs WRs is still roaming free.

💯

I'm still waiting to see this great teaching from Rumph.

Advertisement
No, no; I’m not OK w/ Rumph, period. I don’t give af he’s an alum. I’ve been calling out our DB recruiting & play for a while. The CBs don’t get their heads around. His best coaching yr was 2016....Each yr, our DBs have gotten progressively worse.

Dean-Buns

Bandy-Started off great, fell flat

Ivey-Cheeks

Jackson-Went from 2nd - 3rd round grade his Jr yr, to barely being drafted his Sr year (he came back to improve his draft stock)

Delaney-Went from a 4th round draft grade from The Citadel, came to Miami to upgrade his draft status, went undrafted b/c he was *** here!

Blades is the only CB that shows any promise.

Rumph can’t recruit, and he’s an mediocre coach, and I stand by that. If he wasn’t on the 01 squad, ya’ll (not u, per day) wouldn’t keep making excuses or keep using the “he’s a good coach” narrative. Somewhere UABs WRs is still roaming free.

This is revisionist history.

Jackson did not have a 2nd round grade. He came back and had a great year (Miami had the #1 pass defense, #1 pass efficiency defense, and #1 3rd down conversion defense in the country) and got drafted in the 4th round.

Bandy didn't have a great junior year, but he was forced to play more outside (which is a recruiting issue, not a coaching issue).

Dean and Delaney were mediocre transfers, and played as such.

You also left out Corn and Colbert who had solid senior years after being on defenses that were booty sweat.

Let's not make sh*t up just to tear down Rumph. There's enough there already to criticize.

Brian Munroe practicing at WR years ago taught me that folks will downplay anything. I would love to be at practice to see how practice is going with these ridiculous numbers.
Bro I remember attending a practice then coming on board and people were like Its first day of practice Daniel Adderly is nice size he just needs to put in work, my gawd dude was DOA.. I knew some just got thick orange and green shades no matter what..

Advertisement

Jackson did not have a 2nd round grade. He came back and had a great year (Miami had the #1 pass defense, #1 pass efficiency defense, and #1 3rd down conversion defense in the country) and got drafted in the 4th round.

Bandy didn't have a great junior year, but he was forced to play more outside (which is a recruiting issue, not a coaching issue).

You also left out Corn and Colbert who had solid senior years after being on defenses that were booty sweat.

Let's not make sh*t up just to tear down Rumph. There's enough there already to criticize.
Revisionist history??
Lol. I think u should know before I post chit, I already know chit. Lol.
Read and learn. I don’t trash coaches just to trash them. And gtfoh w/ ur Delaney & Dean takes, b/c this board went dumb brazy when they came here.

P.S-I already posted Rumph’s best coaching came in 2016, which is what u mofos keep holding onto

Rumph sucks.. Just tryna keep us on track here..

Revisionist history??
Read and learn. I don’t trash coaches just to trash them. And gtfoh w/ ur Delaney & Dean takes, b/c this board went dumb brazy when they came here.

I remember bleacher report had him going to the niners 24th

Advertisement
Revisionist history??

P.S-I already posted Rumph’s best coaching came in 2016, which is what u mofos keep holding onto

Really?

That off-brand article is your proof of Jackson's draft stock tanking?

FROM YOUR OWN ARTICLE:

Furthermore, there’s no indication in any of his draft profiles that he experienced a drop off in his play during the 2018 season. More than likely, Bleacher Report and CBS Sports highly overrated him prior to the season and in October, respectively.

If he had come back and got roasted, you might've had a point. Our pass defense was lockdown in '18.

The truth is Jackson had size and technique (which is why he got drafted), but subpar athleticism.

And I don't care what "the board" said about Delaney and Dean. Delaney's first game against Toledo told me everything I needed to know. He feasted on inferior competition. He rebounded to have an okay season, but he was not an NFL talent.

Advertisement
Really?

That off-brand article is your proof of Jackson's draft stock tanking?

FROM YOUR OWN ARTICLE:

Furthermore, there’s no indication in any of his draft profiles that he experienced a drop off in his play during the 2018 season. More than likely, Bleacher Report and CBS Sports highly overrated him prior to the season and in October, respectively.

If he had come back and got roasted, you might've had a point. Our pass defense was lockdown in '18.

The truth is Jackson had size and technique (which is why he got drafted), but subpar athleticism.

And I don't care what "the board" said about Delaney and Dean. Delaney's first game against Toledo told me everything I needed to know. He feasted on inferior competition. He rebounded to have an okay season, but he was not an NFL talent.
I can literally do this all day:

Listen; I don’t need u to agree w me...at the end of the day, MJ draft plummeted when he came back. All that coaching prowess is a farce; Rumph is mediocre at best.

I can literally do this all day:

Listen; I don’t need u to agree w me...at the end of the day, MJ draft plummeted when he came back. All that coaching prowess is a farce; Rumph is mediocre at best.

His stock didn't drop.

Rando blogs had him going in the 1st/2nd round because they saw the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games.

I'd bet actual NFL evaluators saw him differently.

I don't even think Rumph is some elite coach we have to hold on to. I'm just allergic to bull****.

Call him out for being a ****** recruiter and run-of-the-mill coach, but miss me with the **** about him tanking Jackson's draft status. That's just nonsense.

His stock didn't drop.

Rando blogs had him going in the 1st/2nd round because they saw the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games.

I'd bet actual NFL evaluators saw him differently.

I don't even think Rumph is some elite coach we have to hold on to. I'm just allergic to bull****.

Call him out for being a ****** recruiter and run-of-the-mill coach, but miss me with the **** about him tanking Jackson's draft status. That's just nonsense.
So now BR & CBS r some “random blogs?” Lol.

OK champ, U right. Lol

But everybody wanna give Rumph for “coaching up” players & that’s why he deserves to be here. My point being & stands that’s a false narrative. Ppl wanna bring up Colbert & MJ, and I just highlighted that MJ actually took a step back his Sr yr from his Jr yr and that’s facts, period.

South florida bias. Hope this is not Arthur Brown again...
South florida bias. Hope this is not Arthur Brown again...
I don’t know if he’s that good I hope not lol. But it’s stupid man as bad as Ivey played in that game forget practice but in live action when it matters you deserve to get benched. The staff loves to holler about competition if a guy is messing you up give the next man a try. Give him a chance to prove you right or wrong.

Advertisement
Back