Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
must a free year with no hit on his eligibility, no reason to transfer right now unless there are major issues with Rumph, Baker or his family. What a waste of a year for him
He must be thinking if he transfers now in an eligibility free year he'll go elsewhere (Ole Miss/Miss St etc) and still have 4 yrs of eligibility.

We just started the season and an important game this Saturday. ***** all of this, he's just one player. Let's focus on LOUISVILLE and hope it won't affect the team. Win **** and assemble the team.

Advertisement
The issue here is that we are very thin and don't have a blue chip CB committed for 2021.

The problem isn't that they don't have one committed for this class. It's that Miami doesn't recruit the position at all and has failed year after year to sign blue chip CBs. Its a joke that Miami only has 5 CB's on the roster. One of the two CB's that's committed should and probably would be our most explosive player on offense and the other is 5'9 on a good day.

Bottom line is this: I said it when we brought Baker in, we needed a DEF Coor where Manny could pick him and forget about him. How we let Charlie Strong (if he was interested, idk if he was or not) go to Bama as an "Analyst" blows my mind...I hope we put the full court press on him behind the scenes and he just said "not interested, want a HC job". We need an experienced DEF Coor that's used to getting above average talent and knows how to scheme and coach up inexperienced Freshman/Soph instead of going the safe route with the guys who "know what to do" but really should be starting at South Carolina State somewhere.......

I will say this....if the DEF messes around and does the unthinkable of holding the OFF back (who would've thought).....I see Diaz making a BOLD move on DEF similar to how he did on OFF....only guy I'm begging the new D Coor to keep is Banda, and I'd like Stroud as well but wouldn't be as adamant about Stroud as Banda.

Could it be that a guy that isn't handed a spot and transfers is the same kind of guy that isn't working hard enough to earn one? Seriously, what kind of cat transfers now?

Advertisement
And the constant refrain in the opposing coaching booth would be "Where's 3? Get the ball to _____ because 3's on him."

Gilbert was burned one play on press coverage last year. Past that, he's had more batted balls and interceptions than bad play. If we run zone all the time, you telling me Gilbert can't play deep third? He would struggle in man coverage on crossing routes and slants, but when it comes to doing what DJ Ivery cannot do -- playing the ball in the air -- Gilbert shines.

Based on what? Not a chance in **** I trust Baker/Rumph opinion

Everybody I've spoken to that saw practice (players, coaches, media) along with my own eyes watching Williams get beat repeatedly.

I like him and it's bad that he's leaving. Rumph is staring at a scary situation of his own doing. But 99% of the people complaining about Williams's playing time have never seen him play at the college level.

Everybody I've spoken to that saw practice (players, coaches, media) along with my own eyes watching Williams get beat repeatedly.

I like him and it's bad that he's leaving. Rumph is staring at a scary situation of his own doing. But 99% of the people complaining about Williams's playing time have never seen him play at the college level.

Advertisement

I had people tell me his speed wasn’t that great. Who knows

I don’t understand how we are so thin at his position in year 4 yet again, it would be different if we had a injury bug hit and that’s the reason but we have never had decent depth at the position! Manny make a move man!! Rumphs going to cause you to lose your job.

Advertisement

You’re right, I haven’t seen him play much........but what I have seen is Ivey get beat repeatedly. Why not give Williams a chance, really can’t do any worse

Advertisement
Back