Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
The fact y’all blaming a staff for a true soph decision to hit the portal is funny as ****

Go look at our cb depth chart , then go read every post about the recruiting fails and depth issues at cb then come back and let’s talk. They’ve been the ******** walking this tight rope for years , while not fixing it.

This is why you recruit and stock up recruits, kids leave , are kicked off , get hurt or flunk out. Yet we stay with 4-5 cb’s rather than 8-9 like you should have.

How anyone is defending the staff at this point is amazing.

Advertisement
Manny has at least a few things you can say positive about him. Rumph really doesn’t have that
Agreed. I just think a kid walking that realllllly messes up your depth also falls under the purview of the head coach. I mean he apparently talked Jeff Thomas back so he seemingly has the ability. Unless there's more to this story but it's not like Williams was suspended or didn't see any action against UAB.

If I'm not mistaken, Diaz WAS going to fire Rumph along with the housecleaning on the offense but 1) the mystery dude he was hiring backed out and 2) heavy hitters close to the BOT raised a ruckus (I'm guessing former UM teammates) so Diaz backed down. If true, then I think Diaz has known for awhile that Rumph is a weak link but his hands were tied. Only move he had left was to let Rumph fail big time at all aspects of his job (techniques, recruiting) so he can silence the pro Rumph brigade.

if there's such a thing as fake news, that's it.

your point no. 1 has merit.

Advertisement
So he doesn’t decide who plays, doesn’t decide who to recruit, can’t recruit.... He’s supposed to be a great teacher but his pupil who he has compared to himself routinely looks horrible. Why is he here at this point?
This is it right here. Hes just collecting a check and running drills at this point. It seems like theyve taken almost all responsibilities from him (fair or unfair). Hes just taking up a spot. If Manny doesnt trust him to recruit, rotate, or coach then he needs to cut him loose.

When I read that post about him being the only coach in the booth, I was like they banished this guy to the doghouse.

Go look at our cb depth chart , then go read every post about the recruiting fails and depth issues at cb then come back and let’s talk. They’ve been the ******** walking this tight rope for years , while not fixing it.

This is why you recruit and stock up recruits, kids leave , are kicked off , get hurt or flunk out. Yet we stay with 4-5 cb’s rather than 8-9 like you should have.

How anyone is defending the staff at this point is amazing.
Like I said..if the arguments are depth I 💯 agree ..but we’ve had 2 CBS leave in the portal in bethel(who would’ve been in rotation) and now Williams. That’s 2 bodies that u can’t rlly account for losing that early..we just gunna have to Have the pups Dunson and Clarke step up and ride the older guys

They see what we see. Imagine him walking in your house and telling your parents that he can develop you into an undrafted free-agent 😳😳😳

Advertisement
Like I said..if the arguments are depth I 💯 agree ..but we’ve had 2 CBS leave in the portal in bethel(who would’ve been in rotation) and now Williams. That’s 2 bodies that u can’t rlly account for losing that early..we just gunna have to Have the pups Dunson and Clarke step up and ride the older guys

Kids today are going to leave, multiple kids a year. That’s why you load up and get numbers maxed out or at least close.

Certainly hurts the depth..but ppl acting like a kid who been in the program 11 months was a AA who we was hiding on the bench. These kids just a diff breed today in CFB
Yeah like I said, not sure if he can actually play or not and I'm not one of those dudes who assumes the backup is better just because the starter is bad. The bigger issue is that there's nobody to fill his spot. I guess one of the true freshmen will get #4 CB reps but neither of those guys was expected to play much this year. Maybe moving Frierson back to corner isn't out of the realm of possibilities now?

The fact y’all blaming a staff for a true soph decision to hit the portal is funny as ****
People aren't blaming the staff for a True Soph decision to hit the Portal, people are blaming the staff for being ill-prepared for an obvious situation on the horizon due porous recruiting.

Expecting younger Corners to sit on the bench behind a player they see consistently not play well & thinking they are going to just be happy with it & wait for 3 years before they see the field is not adaptive to the modern era of the game.

CB is not like OT or DT where you can't play as a TF/TS, there are dozens & dozens of young corners who play right away & excel all programs all around the country, the sit & wait your turn philosophy doesn't work at CB anymore.

If the staff had no plans on playing the young guys they should've got a GT CB months ago, so in event Ivey continued to be terrible in coverage like he is & one of your younger CB's decided to transfer you'd have a contingency plan in place to help mitigate the loss of depth.

It's poor roster management by whoever is in charge of the CB room & it's been happening for 4 years now.

Advertisement
They better put the 3 top CBs in a fcking vault is all I'm saying. Better not let any of them have any contact with any humans or cats for the remainder of the season. And don't let them practice either. Keep them in isolation. Isolate them like a 350 pound 85 year old with one kidney with his feet cut off from the sugar.

Put them in like a Pope-mobile, we cant take any chances!!

Nah, most of us are blaming the LACK OF DEPTH AND TALENT on him.
I’ll say this..CB is premium spot. U can’t foresee Transers tho. Idc what y’all say. We lost bethel in the portal..now Williams. That’s 2 bodies in 11 months. We brought in 2 pup who likely aren’t rdy.

Advertisement
Back