Christian Williams to Portal

Rumph's gotta go...

There's no more defending him, he's just not getting the job done as a CB's coach.

From the misses in recruiting, to the failure to develop, the refusal of holding Ivey accountable & now our depth takes a hit, it's just time for a divorce.

Great Cane, but I'm sorry business is business & we're going on year 4 of this & it's not getting any better.

Advertisement
When you from out of town always the risk of local boyz given multiple chances to **** up before you even get one.. Ivey gets as many as possible reps to get it right..

Michael Jackson didn't have a problem, even after struggling early in his career.

Williams should not have quit in the middle of the year. I suspect he was homesick.

Now people are seeing why we constantly ***** about recruiting at cb. This happens. Injuries , transfers , kids are kicked off etc. Yet our numbers are always razor thin, eventually we’re going to get bit bad playing Russian roulette with the cb’s.
Exactly. But Rump's valets will find a way to blame this on Banda.

Advertisement
I need to get a spot on that 'Rumph has got to go' train before there's no room left.

VbyC.gif

Ivey played over Williams because he was much, much better than him in practice. Couch was also significantly better than Williams. His talent advantage is speculative.

Maybe Williams is better in the games. Ivey obviously had the two bad plays on Thursday where he couldn't find the ball. But I don't think anyone on the team, staff or watching practice would say Williams > Ivey based on what they've seen.

The issue here is that we are very thin and don't have a blue chip CB committed for 2021.
This is a macro-level issue, though. We see Ragone taking away snaps from young guys. We see Zach McCloud looking lost as a 5th year guy and taking away snaps. We see Amari Carter taking away snaps from our best two safeties.

When Leonard Taylor, Avantae Williams and James Williams for example are on the depth chart and you have the risk of kids being able to transfer elsewhere and being immediately eligible, what are we going to do?

I trust your word about the practices. But when that doesn’t translate to the games and we’re sticking with guys just because of “experience” or “familiarity with the system” even though the level of play doesn’t matchup, what stops the negative recruiting from getting these highly rated kids off of our roster? It’s definitely something that I’m worried about in the future.

Advertisement
Ivey played over Williams because he was much, much better than him in practice. Couch was also significantly better than Williams. His talent advantage is speculative.

Maybe Williams is better in the games. Ivey obviously had the two bad plays on Thursday where he couldn't find the ball. But I don't think anyone on the team, staff or watching practice would say Williams > Ivey based on what they've seen.

The issue here is that we are very thin and don't have a blue chip CB committed for 2021.
@DMoney has a point. We hear Couch might be starting, during camp we even heard Dunson and Clarke's name. Seems like Williams was lost in the mix. He hustled hard on ST and to leave after one game might mean we dont know if its something person. Maybe Harrel will play some CB

Advertisement
It literally makes no sense to transfer this year, free year of eligibility that won’t affect your status and he would have played this year
Exactly. Between that and the fact that he's not even with the program anymore, vs. waiting until he gets offers in the portal, makes me think there's something else going on there. Family issues? Other?

Michael Jackson didn't have a problem, even after struggling early in his career.

Williams should not have quit in the middle of the year. I suspect he was homesick.
Dude got barely any reps against lower level team, we have acc teams rest of season.. Maybe he saw writing on wall.. TC ahead of him and no PT..

Advertisement
How do you know he’s not fourth in talent?
I’m not trying bust your balls bro. This is all my opinion on eye test and me trusting my personal evaluating skills lol I don’t dig into my bag like a @Liberty City El does but I’m not clueless. Maybe I’m harsh in my stance of Ivey but I don’t believe he has the talent to play here at all. Practice be damned.

Rumph's gotta go...

There's no more defending him, he's just not getting the job done as a CB's coach.

From the misses in recruiting, to the failure to develop, the refusal of holding Ivey accountable & now our depth takes a hit, it's just time for a divorce.

Great Cane, but I'm sorry business is business & we're going on year 4 of this & it's not getting any better.
are you sure its rumph who decides who plays?

Advertisement
Back