Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
Like I said in another thread, this defensive staff better take heed real quick if they think they’re going to bring in highly ranked kids and play much less talented guys in front of them for a few years who aren’t even playing well. Definitely something to watch as we bring in a number of highly ranked defensive guys next year.

Ivey played over Williams because he was much, much better than him in practice. Couch was also significantly better than Williams. His talent advantage is speculative.

Maybe Williams is better in the games. Ivey obviously had the two bad plays on Thursday where he couldn't find the ball. But I don't think anyone on the team, staff or watching practice would say Williams > Ivey based on what they've seen.

The issue here is that we are very thin and don't have a blue chip CB committed for 2021.

Never thought I would miss Paul Williams lmao
He must've had a **** of a vertical to keep up with that other guy.

1600201124691.png

Advertisement
It literally makes no sense to transfer this year, free year of eligibility that won’t affect your status and he would have played this year
That means you hate where you are. Or homesick. I’m guessing the former of the 2.

So in your opinion, did this kid just not have much potential?

I liked his potential. He should've stayed and would have played. He had a future here.

All I'm saying is that he was fourth on this year's depth chart for a reason. The other three played much better than him in camp. The gap from the starters to Couch was smaller than the gap from Couch to Williams.

Advertisement
In practice, yes. By a good margin. Can’t speak to game performance because he hasn’t played much.
going off what you heard or you saw him in practice yourself? On the outside looking in it seems like favoritism caused him to hit the portal....

Advertisement
This **** is frustrating man. I don't understand how he can survive another year coaching here.

imagine doing this to your teammates.. in a free year.. still could have transferred after the year put stuff on tape.. really strange
Have you ever been looked over by your coach even though you're better then the person starting over you?

Advertisement
Clarke and Dunson better step up and the coaches better let them play. **** all that move a safety to corner BS. They'll get cooked like the other safety playing corner, Ivey.
Let them take their lumps in games this year and we'll be better as a team going forward next year.

going off what you heard or you saw him in practice yourself? On the outside looking in it seems like favoritism caused him to hit the portal....
When you from out of town always the risk of local boyz given multiple chances to **** up before you even get one.. Ivey gets as many as possible reps to get it right..

Advertisement
Back