Christian McCaffrey

Advertisement
The sad part about McCaffrey is his stats could be even better, except Stanford coaches used Remound Wright to vulture most short yardage TDs from McCaffrey after he did all the heavy lifting. Wright has 13 TDs.

I'd agree that Dalvin is the better back, but how can you not give the Heisman to a kid that breaks the record for most all-purpose yards in a season?

High motor guy that has football intelligence. Possesses deceptive speed. A grinder. Surprising athleticism.

All joking aside, he's a unicorn. A white rb, but he's not your typical guy. Super athlete, with great speed and explosion.

He's actually compared to Bush by a lot of people .

Haha, agreed. Kid is special although I'd stop short of comparing him to Bush.

That's actually what some nfl scouts compare him to. He's in that ball park.

I personally think he's better, far better in between the tackles and better blocker . He's also in the same area code as an athlete

I live on the West Coast and watch a lot of Stanford's games. You obviously do as well, because you are spot on about his running between the tackles. He looks like he wont get any yards and he just gets through. He should win the Heisman.

Kid is an animal. Looks legit. He's my pick for the Heisman. Watson is second, in my opinion.

Henry's average per carry isn't impressive for what a great college back usually averages. Dude is carrying the ball 35-45 times a game. That's how he's piling up yards. Cook destroys him in YPC and explosiveness.

not too mention henry runs behind the best oline in the country and ran through huge holes where he barely got touched on his big runs.

But all the really smart Cane fans said people in Alabama were not happy because Mario was doing such a bad job with the Oline. It's amazing what people come up with on this board.

well their pass protection was a little more suspect this year. but by suspect i mean still better than most of the country.

Advertisement
If you put McCaffery on Bama and Henry on Stanford with their same stats, y'all know good and **** well everybody and their moma would have McCaffery as the hands down Heisman favorite.

Anybody that says no is just potato.

Dalvin Cook makes some very strange runs...mistakes that Christian McCaffrey would never make. I'm never sure if Cook simply gets winded or loses concentration out there. The difference between his best runs and bottom tier runs is absolutely staggering. I'm not sure I remember that from a back with so much press and instincts and ability.

There were runs against Clemson and Florida in which Cook all but tackled himself. I was shocked the announcers let it go. He broke clear on one play and merely needed to aim down the left sideline. Instead, he somehow angled back toward the center of the field and gave his right shoulder to the only defender in the area, a guy who never would have touched him if he'd angled left. Maybe the injury is still an issue and he senses when he can't take it the distance. Instead of wobbling in the open field he essentially gives himself up.

Stanford is my favorite team to watch. I make sure to find and tape their games first every week. I still maintain that McCaffrey in brief usage from 2014 was an absolute freak, and superior to the version from 2015. He bulked up somewhat this year and is not quite as elusive or explosive. But he has improved in recent weeks, seemingly a second wind.

Cook, Fournette, Henry, and Elliott are better RBs, but overall McCaffery is more diverse. As far as MVP, I'd go Cook then CM. CM is a great college player for sure. Dudes describing him the same way they would/have describe Berrios tho. "High motor...intelligent...tough...cliche. He is much more than that.

Advertisement
kids grandad was an olympic level sprinter...

ELITE athlete...

The mom's dad (Dave Sime) was the 1960 silver medalist in the 100m, also was a world record holder in multiple sprints and voted Duke's greatest athlete of the 20th century. Kid hit the genetic lottery lol.

Last edited:
genes - check

special teams return demon - check

RB- who runs, catches passes well, and blocks blizters - check

sophomore who broke the FBS record by Barry Sanders for total yards in a season - check

east coast bias - check

he's going to NY, and made it a Heisman race

If you were coaching 1 bowl game and had to choose 1 RB out of the RBs mentioned in the thread, he wouldn't be anybody's choice. So how can he win the heisman?

Advertisement
My Giants drafted his dad. Was a solid player for some mediocre teams.
I'd love to see them draft the son when he is eligible.
Makes me feel old though.

genes - check

special teams return demon - check

RB- who runs, catches passes well, and blocks blizters - check

sophomore who broke the FBS record by Barry Sanders for total yards in a season - check

east coast bias - check

he's going to NY, and made it a Heisman race
He's from Colorado and plays for Stanford. How is the "east coast bias" in play here?

If you were coaching 1 bowl game and had to choose 1 RB out of the RBs mentioned in the thread, he wouldn't be anybody's choice. So how can he win the heisman?

That's gotta be a joke. You can game plan so much better with McCaffrey on your team. He can line up anywhere on the field and dominate a game.

Advertisement

You've obviously never watched him. No other rb is harder to gameplan for than CM

Leave the racism bull**** off the boards..
Keep it up and you will get band with the quickness!!
Nuking all the racist posts!

Last edited:

You've obviously never watched him. No other rb is harder to gameplan for than CM

Watched enough to know that what I said is true. Trick is to mute it so you don't get caught up in the ridiiculllooouuuss comparisons the game crew makes.

Leave the racism bull**** off the boards..
Keep it up and you will get band with the quickness!!
Nuking all the racist posts!

Racist post? You're hilarious. I've seen 100s of racist posts on these boards...mine was not one of them. Not even close. Do your thing tho mod.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back