Chris Steele To The U?

Advertisement
Strongly disagree. Staff needs to be held to that standard where they make people respect our worth. If they arent held to that standard how can you be mad at a kid who's also all about himself...

As a unit you take on the personality of your leader, and so I agree with your previous statements. However, while being a 18-21 year old kid is the same as it was 20 years ago in terms of just wanting to be liked, feeling like you’re the man, having a good time etc., I do question/believe the ego and impressionability kids have today is far different. So can the previous blueprint work? Not saying it can’t but I also think it’s not as simple either. I think leadership and winning now have to go quickly together otherwise kids won’t stay committed to the “process” or program. That’s the challenge. Patience and courage are not easy to come by today.

Last edited:
Strongly disagree. Staff needs to be held to that standard where they make people respect our worth. If they arent held to that standard how can you be mad at a kid who's also all about himself...

All due respect, but []__[] can't be []__[] without the Sean Taylors, Andre Johnsons, Vince Wilforks, Johnathan Vilmas, and Duke Johnsons of the world holding Miami down first. We wouldn't be who we are if []__[] had to rely exclusively on the Ed Reeds, DJ Williams, Jeremy Shockeys, and Kellen Winslows of the world to leave their hoods and set this thing off. Those guys added to the foundation but local dudes gotta have the pride to carry it first and foremost before you can tell another man to come join your movement, especially when you're on probation and it's not popping.

Truth be told, it's sad the most vocal recruiters for Miami are from GA. and NV.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dean was not drafted. Dean did chit here. So whether we’re getting the right guys or not is going to fall back on our staff. If it’s recruiting or developing, there’s a disconnect w the staff & hopefully Manny remedies this disconnect.

It's not about being drafted, it's about making the team and getting multiple contracts. Dean didn't beat the dudes in front of him at Miami, but ****, that ain't nothing new. He stayed the course, went to Cleveland and showed out based on the fact he had to compete here. He is an example of our culture and ability to develop players who can succeed at the next level. Whereas, UF has the highest bust rate in the nation.

Yeah, imma have to disagree w u bro. I hear u, but what r we doing? We made Stevenson feel like Miami was a high school reunion. Look, living in LA, I can tell u 100% that kids interested in SC were not allowed to just show up on a weekly basis IF ur not committed. Kids have said on record, “Miami is Miami. They’ll always be there.” That’s a problem, my guy. We’ve been ran like a charity program & treated as such. We gotta demand more, and expect more.

I thought Stevenson was supposedly bought and paid for? I hear what you're saying, but the idea kids focus on who else is at campus and think Miami is too easily accessible seems a bit "Hollywood", and like a dude was worried about the wrong things. If the Stevensons and CJ Hendersons of the world need to get away to grow and mature, fine, but accessibility to the program isn't going to change that part of their decision-making and shouldn't change the way the program interacts with the community. Coming to campus every week and then complaining about too much access is like the dude who comes on an OT thread and complains about OT posts.

Also, USC isn't the standard-bearer in CFB for elite private schools. Miami is. We've done far more with far less than they have, for decades.

Last edited:
I thought Stevenson was supposedly bought and paid for? I hear what you're saying, but the idea kids focus on who else is at campus and think Miami is too easily accessible seems a bit "Hollywood", and like a dude was worried about the wrong things. If the Stevensons and CJ Hendersons of the world need to get away to grow and mature, fine, but accessibility to the program isn't going to change that part of their decision-making and shouldn't change the way the program interacts with the community. Coming to campus every week and then complaining about too much access is like the dude who comes on an OT thread and complains about OT posts.

Also, USC isn't the standard-bearer in CFB for elite private schools. Miami is. We've done far more with far less than they have, for decades.

I agree; but I don’t think CJ’s case was like Stevenson’s. CJ was our until an incident and in so many words was called soft by Rumph. (Not saying Rumph called him soft, but basically called him out for acting diva-ish at an All Star game).

And here’s my point regarding Stevenson or any recruit just allowed to come on campus whenever; the allure is gone. The “wow” factor is gone. That special feeling is gone.

U can go look at other programs and u’ll be hard pressed to look at a recruits time line and see them visit a campus more than twice and not commit. Yet, we put ourselves in this friend zone for whatever reason. That’s gotta change. It’s needs to be looked at like a privilege to be on our campus and when ur committed to the squad, AND ur recruitment is shut down, then u can get familiar w the campus. But just coming up there to hang w some old buddies like it’s the 13th grade? Yeah that’s gotta stop.

It's not about being drafted, it's about making the team and getting multiple contracts. Dean didn't beat the dudes in front of him at Miami, but ****, that ain't nothing new. He stayed the course, went to Cleveland and showed out based on the fact he had to compete here. He is an example of our culture and ability to develop players who can succeed at the next level. Whereas, UF has the highest bust rate in the nation.

Bro; imma be honest, and I’m not yelling or anything b/c I’m good w u, but ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING DRAFTED. Don’t water down what made us great, man. Most players don’t get the 2nd contract and ain’t nobody coming here to not get drafted. Lol.

Advertisement
This Is a bizarre thread.

Steele showed very little interest prior to choosing the turds. He was recruited. There was interest from Miami’s end. He shut Miami down, not the other way around.

Now he’s available again, and who's to say there haven’t been some behind-the-scenes feelers thrown his way. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Bottom line is this, him and his family flat out rejected Miami the first go round and have shown zero interest the second time. I’d be willing to bet $1000 that Miami isn’t even on the list of possibilities for Steele or his family. They’re just not even considering us.

Now you can blame that on our coaches not making us an appealing choice, or on us just being poor recruiters.

But they have zero interest in us, and quite frankly I don’t think there’s anything we could do to make him come.

They just have no interest in Miami. So why even go crazy over it.

This!!! The people saying they don't want Steele need to be drug tested, especially when you consider our depth at DB. I would be HIGHLY disappointed if Rumph, Banda, and Manny didn't at least explore the possibility of Steele since he's leaving UF.
They should call his daddy and ask to speak the mother and start with a happy mother's day tweet. Let them know how we did Gerald and Brock right.

I agree; but I don’t think CJ’s case was like Stevenson’s. CJ was our until an incident and in so many words was called soft by Rumph. (Not saying Rumph called him soft, but basically called him out for acting diva-ish at an All Star game).

And here’s my point regarding Stevenson or any recruit just allowed to come on campus whenever; the allure is gone. The “wow” factor is gone. That special feeling is gone.

U can go look at other programs and u’ll be hard pressed to look at a recruits time line and see them visit a campus more than twice and not commit. Yet, we put ourselves in this friend zone for whatever reason. That’s gotta change. It’s needs to be looked at like a privilege to be on our campus and when ur committed to the squad, AND ur recruitment is shut down, then u can get familiar w the campus. But just coming up there to hang w some old buddies like it’s the 13th grade? Yeah that’s gotta stop.

Rel, respect first off. I'm with you on most of that, but the one thing I disagree with is onpy letting them come around once or twice. You do that and we're seen as the stuck up school. Our late offers in the past and lack of attention made recruits not too long ago feel that way.

Every recruit is different and you play the recruiting game accordingly. Some that may work for, but others it won't. I get it, you want this to be an it place to be and the only way getting here is by committing. They see those other schools as something wild, crazy, and fun that they experienced once. They wonder what it's like in trip two, three, etc but they cant get there all the timr like they can here.

Point blank though, we aren't losing most recruits to ****** teams. Those we do lose go to more relevant and "it" teams of current times. They're that way because they're winning and then are loading up their classes with studs. That's what recruits want.

We don't start stacking good seasons, Manny will exit the door like the past three coaches. You can't keep the studs home, he better kill it in the field until they do come. It's a tough place and contrary to what most on here will say, these big schools are more attractive campus wise than we are. I'm not going to get into that, but it is what it is.

I mean...people still doing this now. Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is a force on social media and go's ham all day long as well. It isn't like it takes 30 minutes to make a post or snap lol. You could be at the gym for 2 hours and during your rest time say a little something or post something on snapchat.
Brother what Chad does and what our youth do is NOT anywhere near one & the same. Children are attached to their phones and social media like an umbilical cord. Its snapchat its instagram, facebook, etc. They live their lives through that phone. It is a HUGE difference from what our generation was as children and from when parents weren't scared to tell you get the **** out this house after you finish chores or homework and play with your friends. Now friends get together and sit around commenting on other peoples posts. Honestly it may seem extreme to others but social media is the devil. Lol. It is destroying our youth especially moving forward. Sad **** is it only seems to get worse.

Advertisement

Friend zone is the best way to put it

I tend to focus on the guys we do get rather than the few who go elsewhere, and were likely to go elsewhere no matter what we did. That said, winning cures all and we're well on our way to doing that.

Bro; imma be honest, and I’m not yelling or anything b/c I’m good w u, but ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING DRAFTED. Don’t water down what made us great, man. Most players don’t get the 2nd contract and ain’t nobody coming here to not get drafted. Lol.

I feel you 100%, but you can't get drafted if you barely play because you transferred in behind some real dudes... Point is our players compete and generally overachieve, no matter their draft position. That's what our brand is about.

Advertisement

you can't stop it until you start winning. no one will respect the school whether or not we let them visit if we continue being average.

I feel you 100%, but you can't get drafted if you barely play because you transferred in behind some real dudes... Point is our players compete and generally overachieve, no matter their draft position. That's what our brand is about.

draft position matters more which is why UM is proud of the most first rounders in one draft ever. recruits wanna get drafted high. JJax and others going late does nothing but hurt us

Doesn’t look like Steele heading back to Gainesville
48972F98-6F96-408F-A6D6-A4A84C21FE32.jpeg

Advertisement
Back