2023 Chris Johnson Jr

What the **** has he done to come in and earn pt before he ever stepped foot on campus if it’s promised to him mario is a liar and not who we think he is promising a starting job to a kid with 500 career yards like we desperately needed him this could definitely cause issues playing favorites

He's only the most compete and accomplished RB on the team.

Advertisement
Lol I’m definitely invested or I wouldn’t be on the boards voicing my opinion on who I want to play and he did ok against Texas & am and did well against Arkansas I agree but that’s nothing that Don couldn’t do if he was healthy and given Carries he’s different then Parrish in the fact that he’s an actual nfl player if he’s fully healthy Parrish is gonna be like yearby solid college player and maybe get an undrafted free agent contract for a camp try out

I am emotionally invested, too. In the success of the team (which includes Parrish, and all the players). But I'm not going to be emotional about who gets the most carries unless I don't trust the coaches in their choices (which I don't see as an issue this year for the first time in a minute).

What I saw from Chaney, when healthy, was a promising back with good size and athleticism who is hard to bring down and that I definitely want to see more of. But I'm not prepared to say he's an NFL back when healthy because nobody has seen him consistently perform to that standard in college (because of injuries). You've got him graded as NFL, I've got him graded as "Incomplete".

You just hit the nail on the head there, if fully healthy. That has been the issue. No one is doubting Don’s talent, it’s just putting it all together. He is always injured.
I agree on the injury situation it’s hard to stay healthy at running back I hope he ends up staying healthy and can get his career on track I hate the last two big time backs we Got had injuries and lost out on there chances to be our elite backs if Parrish starts well be solid but nothing spectacular.

I'm sure I'll get **** for this but right now before camp finishes, I'm hoping Parrish starts RB1, Rooster RB2/utility, Chaney RB2 in a traditional RB rule. Citizen getting snaps as often as possible. Citizen probably pushing for that #1 spot at some point in the season.

I know Chaney's dealt with injuries but he's really not shown anything special. I'll still hope he's 100% starting and has a great season though if he gets the nod.
I think that's pretty accurate for how the season is going to start. From there I could see a ton of different scenarios of how the RB rotation plays out.

The one thing I'm pretty confident in is by the end of the year - Parrish & Knighton won't have the 1st & 2nd most carries (if everyone stays healthy)

With Gattis & Staff preaching physicality - I can't see them using Parrish (186 lb) & Knighton (180 lb) as the top 2 guys,. They're way too small.

IMO - by Texas A&M either Citizen or Chaney (or both) will be playing a major role. We can't meet TAMU's DL with a couple 180 lb guys.

Thad has talent but feels like the odd man out in the rotation.

Advertisement
I am emotionally invested, too. In the success of the team (which includes Parrish, and all the players). But I'm not going to be emotional about who gets the most carries unless I don't trust the coaches in their choices (which I don't see as an issue this year for the first time in a minute).

What I saw from Chaney, when healthy, was a promising back with good size and athleticism who is hard to bring down and that I definitely want to see more of. But I'm not prepared to say he's an NFL back when healthy because nobody has seen him consistently perform to that standard in college (because of injuries). You've got him graded as NFL, I've got him graded as "Incomplete".
I’m going strictly off talent it’s obvious when you see it you think Parrish would’ve doled out that punishment he laid on Toto from bama or many other backs could’ve done that who aren’t nfl bound

Advertisement
I’m going strictly off talent it’s obvious when you see it you think Parrish would’ve doled out that punishment he laid on Toto from bama or many other backs could’ve done that who aren’t nfl bound
Parrish isn't that style of RB, but he's got his own set of skills and there's more than one way to skin a cat.

There are a lot of players who flash and never get there. I need to see more from Chaney (mostly, that he can stay healthy while maintaining his physicality). Hope like **** he does it, though.

Man stop it he was getting garbage snaps at ole miss he wasn’t even the starter there he was the 3rd back so there rooms better then ours? **** no. Don was stuck behind Cam Harris who got the bulk of the Carries his freshman year and had an average offensive line fr then he was about to be the guy last year and got hurt But whenever Don played he’s what you look for in a big time back imo.

A third down back getting 553 yards on 5.3 average, on top of 173 receiving yards in "garbage snaps"? I'll take that any day.

Anyhoo, you're arguing against yourself. I’m quietly rooting for Don harder than anyone else. The man looks like a straight beast but he just hasn’t been healthy. Not his fault, but he hasn’t.

All I’m saying is, Parrish has over 1000 yards in two years and been healthy. JK and DC have been injured in the past. Again, Mario didn’t bring in Parrish just because. We’re trying to get back to the Miami with Portis, McGahee, etc right? Competition breeds excellence. May the best men win.

A third down back getting 553 yards on 5.3 average, on top of 173 receiving yards in "garbage snaps"? I'll take that any day.

Anyhoo, you're arguing against yourself. I’m quietly rooting for Don harder than anyone else. The man looks like a straight beast but he just hasn’t been healthy. Not his fault, but he hasn’t.

All I’m saying is, Parrish has over 1000 yards in two years and been healthy. JK and DC have been injured in the past. Again, Mario didn’t bring in Parrish just because. We’re trying to get back to the Miami with Portis, McGahee, etc right? Competition breeds excellence. May the best men win.
I’m fine with best man winning but not this deciding before pads come on **** that’s being pushed on here and man what’s this 1000 total yards crap he’s not gonna be our kr or pr here. We have way more explosive players then him lol he ran for 530 and caught for 170 that’s decent but nothing spectacular. For Miami I’m sorry that’s not what we’re built off of **** ole miss brought in Zach evans Kevin smith personally recruited him.

He didn’t think he was good enough to start at ole miss but obviously he should be handed the job at Miami bruh y’all standards are getting absolutely terrible but I do think he’s solid just not meant to be the starter at Miami imo.

Advertisement
He’s not more accomplished then rooster lmao

He's a better pure runner, better blocker and as good a pass catcher. Knighton may be more explosive in the open field but pump the brakes on accomplished averaging 3.9 yards a carry. I'm excited to watch both but I think Knighton may be more impactful in other roles outside of a traditional RB.

He's a better pure runner, better blocker and as good a pass catcher. Knighton may be more explosive in the open field but pump the brakes on accomplished averaging 3.9 yards a carry. I'm excited to watch both but I think Knighton may be more impactful in other roles outside of a traditional RB.
Knighton had a **** offensive line run blocking wise lmao stop it that’s as much on the line as knighton I can look for a hole it doesn’t mean it’s there if the defense is in my lap instantly y’all boys be giving certain **** to much credence that’s good if both lines are equal and they weren’t our run blocking was some of the worst in football

Knighton had a **** offensive line run blocking wise lmao stop it that’s as much on the line as knighton I can look for a hole it doesn’t mean it’s there if the defense is in my lap instantly y’all boys be giving certain **** to much credence that’s good if both lines are equal and they weren’t our run blocking was some of the worst in football

Parrish is the most accomplished, it's as simple as that. You can play the "what if" game until you're blue in the face. As I said earlier, before camp ends and based on what the three have actually done, it's Parrish 1, Knighton/Chaney 2. If someone else balls out in the new scheme during summer, excellent give them the nod then.

Advertisement
Parrish is the most accomplished, it's as simple as that. You can play the "what if" game until you're blue in the face. As I said earlier, before camp ends and based on what the three have actually done, it's Parrish 1, Knighton/Chaney 2. If someone else balls out in the new scheme during summer, excellent give them the nod then.
He’s not the most accomplished he doesn’t have more yards last year then knighton or tds or is that not still what football is

I’m fine with best man winning but not this deciding before pads come on **** that’s being pushed on here and man what’s this 1000 total yards crap he’s not gonna be our kr or pr here. We have way more explosive players then him lol he ran for 530 and caught for 170 that’s decent but nothing spectacular. For Miami I’m sorry that’s not what we’re built off of **** ole miss brought in Zach evans Kevin smith personally recruited him.

He didn’t think he was good enough to start at ole miss but obviously he should be handed the job at Miami bruh y’all standards are getting absolutely terrible but I do think he’s solid just not meant to be the starter at Miami imo.
In his two years at Ole Miss, he has over 1,000 yards rushing and receiving. But that’s neither here nor there. Ultimately, I don’t know if you believe EYE (I) think he should be handed the job. BUT I DON'T. All I'm saying is, the staff brought him in for a reason. What reason is that? I don’t know. I like all of the guys we have, and hope no one transfers. But that's not the (transfer) world we live in now. IF Chaney is healthy and does what he’s supposed to do, he'll get snaps.

I (being biased) believe we have one of the top RB groups. The staff will be doing a disservice to the whole team (and can possibly lose some) if they appoint anyone a starter now. Everyone has something to prove this year. Nowhere in my posts did I say who should start, much less it being Parrish. I don’t care who the starter is. I just want wins.

In his two years at Ole Miss, he has over 1,000 yards rushing and receiving. But that’s neither here nor there. Ultimately, I don’t know if you believe EYE (I) think he should be handed the job. BUT I DON'T. All I'm saying is, the staff brought him in for a reason. What reason is that? I don’t know. I like all of the guys we have, and hope no one transfers. But that's not the (transfer) world we live in now. IF Chaney is healthy and does what he’s supposed to do, he'll get snaps.

I (being biased) believe we have one of the top RB groups. The staff will be doing a disservice to the whole team (and can possibly lose some) if they appoint anyone a starter now. Everyone has something to prove this year. Nowhere in my posts did I say who should start, much less it being Parrish. I don’t care who the starter is. I just want wins.
Your impressed with these stats and this guy should be our starter I’m not arguing with you I’m going at whoever thinks this kid should be given the job like he’s the kid from tech or evans from tcu he’s a solid 3rd down back

Attachments

• DEC93483-BC50-4EBD-A75F-8F43F0793D5D.png
    DEC93483-BC50-4EBD-A75F-8F43F0793D5D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Advertisement
Back