2023 Chris Johnson Jr

I think he will play if he earns it over the others. I dont think its a blanket promise that they made him.

Tommy Kennedy transferred here and never saw the light if day. Shoot, I'm wondering how much Moultrie and Denis will play this year and they just transferred here.

I think you guys are putting too much stock into a player transferring here and being guaranteed playing time.

You bring in players and let them compete. Thats it.
He was brought here by his position coach though.
This is not your typical portal acquisition.
He was doing good at Ole Miss. Coach Smith wouldn't have let him to come here if he wasn't going to play.

Advertisement
He was brought here by his position coach though.
This is not your typical portal acquisition.
He was doing good at Ole Miss. Coach Smith wouldn't have let him to come here if he wasn't going to play.
Agreed, but the example he uses of Denis checks out the same and we don’t expect him to get much PT, do we? In general I do agree with you though, I don’t think Parrish came here to ride the bench.

Parrish wouldn't come here if there wasn't a borderline guarantee that he was gonna play.

Do you know how the portal works?
What the **** has he done to come in and earn pt before he ever stepped foot on campus if it’s promised to him mario is a liar and not who we think he is promising a starting job to a kid with 500 career yards like we desperately needed him this could definitely cause issues playing favorites

Parrish is going to play and it’s not favoritism. He’s the most reliable runner on the roster, he’s aware in protection and he can catch.
D man how the **** do we know he’s the most reliable before pads get on and kids coming back off injury haven’t even gotten there chance to show what they can do after they get into the offense for a little while

What the **** has he done to come in and earn pt before he ever stepped foot on campus if it’s promised to him mario is a liar and not who we think he is promising a starting job to a kid with 500 career yards like we desperately needed him this could definitely cause issues playing favorites
He has worked with the very man coaching our RBs for a couple of years. They obviously made prior assessments of the roster and came to certain conclusions. That doesn’t make Mario a liar, Mario has one job, to turn this program around and start winning. They evaluated the whole roster and determined that we had holes to fill.

Advertisement
D man how the **** do we know he’s the most reliable before pads get on and kids coming back off injury haven’t even gotten there chance to show what they can do after they get into the offense for a little while
He’s played two years at Ole Miss and accumulated over 1000 total yards there (receiving and rushing). Dmoney or Macho aren’t saying he’s coming in to be the starter and take all the snaps. But the staff didn’t bring him in for no reason. He’s proven AND been healthy throughout his career so far *knock on wood*.

Like Macho alluded to, these kids that enter the portal, for the most part, know where they’re going before they enter. If he wasn’t going to get snaps, he wouldn’t be here.

Unlike the last staff, I trust this one to play the players they believe are the best.

He’s played two years at Ole Miss and accumulated over 1000 total yards there (receiving and rushing). Dmoney or Macho aren’t saying he’s coming in to be the starter and take all the snaps. But the staff didn’t bring him in for no reason. He’s proven AND been healthy throughout his career so far *knock on wood*.

Like Macho alluded to, these kids that enter the portal, for the most part, know where they’re going before they enter. If he wasn’t going to get snaps, he wouldn’t be here.

Unlike the last staff, I trust this one to play the players they believe are the best.
Man stop it he was getting garbage snaps at ole miss he wasn’t even the starter there he was the 3rd back so there rooms better then ours? **** no. Don was stuck behind Cam Harris who got the bulk of the Carries his freshman year and had an average offensive line fr then he was about to be the guy last year and got hurt But whenever Don played he’s what you look for in a big time back imo.

Advertisement
Man stop it he was getting garbage snaps at ole miss he wasn’t even the starter there he was the 3rd back so there rooms better then ours? **** no. Don was stuck behind Cam Harris who got the bulk of the Carries his freshman year and had an average offensive line fr then he was about to be the guy last year and got hurt But whenever Don played he’s what you look for in a big time back imo.
This is 100% false. He wasn’t getting garbage snaps. **** as a true Fr he played in ten games and started one. Last year he was a key piece in their offense. 700 yards of offense as the third string guy is impressive. He was only a true soph.

If you’re going to debate atleast be honest.

This is 100% false. He wasn’t getting garbage snaps. **** as a true Fr he played in ten games and started one. Last year he was a key piece in their offense. If you’re going to debate atleast be honest.
59 Carries for 263 isn’t legendary goat and Don didn’t start a game lol and Don did 68 for 322 so when both healthy he did better and that’s with a worse offensive line. Last year he did ok but so would Don if he wasn’t hurt or that doesn’t matter.

This is 100% false. He wasn’t getting garbage snaps. **** as a true Fr he played in ten games and started one. Last year he was a key piece in their offense. 700 yards of offense as the third string guy is impressive. He was only a true soph.

If you’re going to debate atleast be honest.
And receiving wise he went for 144 on 11 catches which is solid to and Parrish went for 170 on 26 catches so 🥴 there’s not a big difference there either if anything Don shows more explosiveness

Advertisement

You are completely off about Parrish. It was a true RB by committee approach at Ole Miss last season. The two junior RBs each had about 130 carries to Parrish's 105. And Parrish actually got more touches in SEC games than out-of-conference matchups, so your "garbage time" comment is flat-out wrong.

You seen really emotionally invested in this for some reason. But this isn't hard: (1) the coaches want multiple RBs to rotate and get significant carries; (2) the better RBs will get more carries; (3) coaches brought in Parrish because they think he can be a part of that rotation.

I believe Don gets the start this year as RB1 since he is the most physical imposing. Knighton & Parrish both have similar game, bring them in for outside runs and pass plays. Either way we will run a triple headed RB room. I don't believe Citizen just comes in this year and earns 1st string snaps over the plethora of studs in our backfield.

You are completely off about Parrish. It was a true RB by committee approach at Ole Miss last season. The two junior RBs each had about 130 carries to Parrish's 105. And Parrish actually got more touches in SEC games than out-of-conference matchups, so your "garbage time" comment is flat-out wrong.

You seen really emotionally invested in this for some reason. But this isn't hard: (1) the coaches want multiple RBs to rotate and get significant carries; (2) the better RBs will get more carries; (3) coaches brought in Parrish because they think he can be a part of that rotation.
Lol I’m definitely invested or I wouldn’t be on the boards voicing my opinion on who I want to play and he did ok against Texas & am and did well against Arkansas I agree but that’s nothing that Don couldn’t do if he was healthy and given Carries he’s different then Parrish in the fact that he’s an actual nfl player if he’s fully healthy Parrish is gonna be like yearby solid college player and maybe get an undrafted free agent contract for a camp try out

Advertisement

There’s also zero reason to go back and forth about individuals in our running back room. They’re all Uber talented but durability is the name of the game at that position.

Lol I’m definitely invested or I wouldn’t be on the boards voicing my opinion on who I want to play and he did ok against Texas & am and did well against Arkansas I agree but that’s nothing that Don couldn’t do if he was healthy and given Carries he’s different then Parrish in the fact that he’s an actual nfl player if he’s fully healthy Parrish is gonna be like yearby solid college player and maybe get an undrafted free agent contract for a camp try out
You just hit the nail on the head there, if fully healthy. That has been the issue. No one is doubting Don’s talent, it’s just putting it all together. He is always injured.

59 Carries for 263 isn’t legendary goat and Don didn’t start a game lol and Don did 68 for 322 so when both healthy he did better and that’s with a worse offensive line. Last year he did ok but so would Don if he wasn’t hurt or that doesn’t matter.
1. They both averaged 4.7 yards per attempt as TFs.
2. Chaney did it with a worse OL, sure. But Parrish did it against better run-stopping defenses.
3. "When both healthy" is a major qualifier when one guy is always healthy and the other guy is only sometimes healthy. The best ability is availability.

Look, the competition is wide-open for our RB room and best backs are gonna eat. I have complete confidence in the staff using our guys in the correct situations. The staff will see these kids day-in and day-out in pads at practice. I love Chaney, but unfortunately he is a HUGE question mark right now. If he is 100% healthy AND has 100% confidence in his abilities, then he has a great shot. I'm not confident of either of those factors at the moment. Rooster has already said that he WON'T be carrying the full load all season, so it's clear that the RB room has been told that multiple backs will get meaningful snaps. Just be patient and let the kids earn their spots.

Advertisement
Back