2023 Chris Johnson Jr

"If healthy"
Ay... It's a good problem to have

I literally watched them run the 40 at the same camp. Electronic.

Rooster was a 4.51 and Chaney was high 4.5's.

(hand times are BS)
Knighton (HS 4.51 laser ) has more burst to take it the distance with one cut....Chaney ( HS 4.55 laser) is a smooth powerful back with balance and vision in traffic.....both are very talented with two different styles ......I actually put them 1-2 in my preseason rotation with Parrish at 3....

Thad seems to be getting a bad rep for being fat and lazy...... I'll wait to hear what he does in practice before I completely rule him out of the rotation....a lot of sht be pure speculation but everybody is entitled to their own opinion ....can't wait to hear how good Citizen is full go ..... Also, no disrespect on my last post coach....I'm just the type that believes the show beat the tail every time..... it's going to eventually solve it itself on the field...like you said competition is a good problem to have...

Advertisement
I hope all our current RBs get meaningful snaps so they all get a serious look & are judged based on this year's conditions. It would be a mistake IMHO for one RB to be the bellcow (especially based on prior performance). We have a chance early on -- especially against our weaker opponents -- to rotate everyone in and see how they do.

• Chaney has "it". Special when healthy.
  • Thad could be an absolute wrecking ball & special talent for us if he works hard, runs hard & gives max effort. If you watch film from last yr, you can see the significant potential (which had been untapped fully under the prior staff). If he's in great condition & runs in beast mode, he could do great things. Really hope he seizes the incredible opportunity he has.
  • Citizen: sounds like he has tremendous upside and a great combo of size & speed. Excited to see what he can do this year and sounds like he may be primed to be RB1 in future years.
  • Rooster: looks to be in great shape. Stronger. With better run schemes, better blocking & the chance to be used in situations best suiting his skillset, Rooster's ypc should go up this year. Get him the ball in space & let him feast.
  • Parrish: experienced & solid all-around. I think he should be part of a RB by committee approach that gives material snaps to all of our top RBs. Gattis has hinted that he plans to use quite a few of our RBs this year (and that is likely the best approach).

I haven't seen the "IT" with Chaney unless I missed it.

rooster has shown the dynamic ability and the "IT" factor for me
Hard to show “it” when constantly hurt. I will reserve forming my opinion until the kid strings a few games together and stays healthy against ACC level competition.

Advertisement
Parrish is going to play and it’s not favoritism. He’s the most reliable runner on the roster, he’s aware in protection and he can catch.
We’re ****ed if Parrish is our starter bro he’s slow af man I hate slow running backs and he’s not big **** I hate that Chaney got hurt last year it screwed everything up now we gotta watch joe yearby 1.3 smh

We’re ****ed if Parrish is our starter bro he’s slow af man I hate slow running backs and he’s not big **** I hate that Chaney got hurt last year it screwed everything up now we gotta watch joe yearby 1.3 smh
You’re forgetting one very important factor.

We have not one, but two of the best OL coaches in the country. There will be room to run and it will only improve as time goes on.

You’re forgetting one very important factor.

We have not one, but two of the best OL coaches in the country. There will be room to run and it will only improve as time goes on.
I’m not forgetting that Parrish isn’t a home run hitter he’s a death by a 1000 cuts type of guy and I personally don’t think that’s good enough when you have a Ferrari and a **** cat in the garage waiting to be unleashed in Chaney and knighton like wtf man we took them over him for a reason

I’m not forgetting that Parrish isn’t a home run hitter he’s a death by a 1000 cuts type of guy and I personally don’t think that’s good enough when you have a Ferrari and a **** cat in the garage waiting to be unleashed in Chaney and knighton like wtf man we took them over him for a reason

The last staff took them over him. The new staff brought his *** here. Think about that.

Advertisement
The last staff took them over him. The new staff brought his *** here. Think about that.
This staff brought him In because of connections Imo we should’ve went after other backs with more speed if we’re being honest Parrish is cool but he’s not better then don or rooster

With all due respect, I'm disappointed our coaches and insiders on this board are so convicted about who's the best RB that you're already stack ranking these guys even before the first day of full pads for Summer/Fall Camp.

Parrish didn't transfer to ride pine. Sure. Either did Ladson. Either did Moultie. Or Agude, Or Denis. etc, etc. Agree they came because they saw a shot to be a starter. But they all still need to earn the snaps.

Kane Farquharson was the alpha when running drills in shells. Had 18 catches for 280 yards as a senior. Beau Sandland was the #1 Juco TE in the nation, transferred in and proceeded to get beat out by the guys already on roster, and he transferred out again the following season. He caught 9 balls for 94 yards while at MIami. And then of course there's Tate Martell... We've had amazing portalers come in and take a starting spot. But we've had our share of guys who didn't beat out the guys already on the team, too.

I'm looking forward to this RB battle. I hope the coaches give all 5 legit shots to make their case, all the way through camp and into the first two powder-puffs on our schedule. Personally, I'm a Don Chaney fan. If he gets injured again, or beaten out, so be it. But just because Kevin Smith may love Parrish doesn't mean he should play favorites. Parrish, Chaney, Rooster, Franklin and Citizen, each of them must earn every snap they get.

With all due respect, I'm disappointed our coaches and insiders on this board are so convicted about who's the best RB that you're already stack ranking these guys even before the first day of full pads for Summer/Fall Camp.

Parrish didn't transfer to ride pine. Sure. Either did Ladson. Either did Moultie. Or Agude, Or Denis. etc, etc. Agree they came because they saw a shot to be a starter. But they all still need to earn the snaps.

Kane Farquharson was the alpha when running drills in shells. Had 18 catches for 280 yards as a senior. Beau Sandland was the #1 Juco TE in the nation, transferred in and proceeded to get beat out by the guys already on roster, and he transferred out again the following season. He caught 9 balls for 94 yards while at MIami. And then of course there's Tate Martell... We've had amazing portalers come in and take a starting spot. But we've had our share of guys who didn't beat out the guys already on the team, too.

I'm looking forward to this RB battle. I hope the coaches give all 5 legit shots to make their case, all the way through camp and into the first two powder-puffs on our schedule. Personally, I'm a Don Chaney fan. If he gets injured again, or beaten out, so be it. But just because Kevin Smith may love Parrish doesn't mean he should play favorites. Parrish, Chaney, Rooster, Franklin and Citizen, each of them must earn every snap they get.
I can get behind this post **** playing Columbus or ole miss favorites give everybody their shot to show what they can do don has to work his way back from a major injury I’m not ready to write him off I know the talent he posses is different then anybody else on the roster

People have been doubting Parrish since high school. He's not as flashy, is slower than the other two, and just kept putting up ridiculous high school numbers. Everyone in the world knew to stop him and all he did was reel off 9+ per carry and nearly back to back 2k yard seasons. He's the most natural back and the most complete.

I wanted Rooster first, then Parrish, and lastly Don. Now I can root for them all. Hope all their dreams come true, even if it isn't here.

Facts though, our backfield is a nice problem to have. If the rest of the offense is decent, these guys should have a field day.

Advertisement
People have been doubting Parrish since high school. He's not as flashy, is slower than the other two, and just kept putting up ridiculous high school numbers. Everyone in the world knew to stop him and all he did was reel off 9+ per carry and nearly back to back 2k yard seasons. He's the most natural back and the most complete.

I wanted Rooster first, then Parrish, and lastly Don. Now I can root for them all. Hope all their dreams come true, even if it isn't here.

Facts though, our backfield is a nice problem to have. If the rest of the offense is decent, these guys should have a field day.
It’s a much better room than last year for sure

Advertisement
Rooster is clearly gonna get a bulk of work.
Parrish didn't transfer here to play for his RB coach and sit the bench.
And word is, Citizen is the real deal. I would assume that he's not a candidate for a redshirt.

So where do y'all think that leaves Thad and Chaney?

Anything beyond a 3 RB rotation is unrealistic. That's too many mouths to feed.

Who do y'all think ends up in that starving 4th RB spot? Thad ain't gotta chance. So do y'all think they put Chaney above Citizen?

(serious question)

I'm sure I'll get **** for this but right now before camp finishes, I'm hoping Parrish starts RB1, Rooster RB2/utility, Chaney RB2 in a traditional RB rule. Citizen getting snaps as often as possible. Citizen probably pushing for that #1 spot at some point in the season.

I know Chaney's dealt with injuries but he's really not shown anything special. I'll still hope he's 100% starting and has a great season though if he gets the nod.

Last edited:
If Thad leaves its a good thing he will never do anything here. The rest can compete and it will sort itself out
facts if u that big and bama aint doing all **** to get u then its a run away from people issue. Most there running backs can take it to the house if u give them a little.

Advertisement
Back