2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Just tell the kid he can be the next Percy Harvin…….Gators been using that one for years and I think it actually might have worked a couple of times..😜
Duke Johnson was Percy 2.0. In a better offense he would’ve put up better numbers than he already did.

Advertisement
From the Clemson board :

Mentioned earlier this week that newly minted four-star running back Christopher Johnson of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard is expected to swing by Miami on Monday or Tuesday. Clemson is a significant factor in his recruitment right now and this is a battle the Tigers seem to possess the ability to win down the road. Johnson told 247Sports' Andrew Ivins earlier this week that he's eyeing Dec. 21 as a commitment date.

Interesting....

From the Clemson board :

Mentioned earlier this week that newly minted four-star running back Christopher Johnson of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard is expected to swing by Miami on Monday or Tuesday. Clemson is a significant factor in his recruitment right now and this is a battle the Tigers seem to possess the ability to win down the road. Johnson told 247Sports' Andrew Ivins earlier this week that he's eyeing Dec. 21 as a commitment date.

Interesting....
Clemson wants this one solely for optics after we flipped Ray Ray

I may have missed it, but there's gotta be more highlights out there than this. I asked earlier, but is there more or a new set released? I know he's fast, but that's gotta be the most pedestrian film I've ever seen on a 3 star, now 4 star recruit. You can't argue with the interest level he has but I'm trying to get on board with what they see.

Advertisement
I may have missed it, but there's gotta be more highlights out there than this. I asked earlier, but is there more or a new set released? I know he's fast, but that's gotta be the most pedestrian film I've ever seen on a 3 star, now 4 star recruit. You can't argue with the interest level he has but I'm trying to get on board with what they see.
Quote from inside the Hecht: "Whoever cut up his highlight reel did us a favor."

The national offers came when staffs saw the times and watched the full tape.

Watching Michigan tape isn't going to make a difference. Chris isn't a traditional RB.

That's what I keep trying to tell yall.

He's more of a Swiss army knife type.
He plays RB, slot WR and outside WR.
He's 6'0" and roughly 185lbs.

Seeing as he's not a traditional RB, he probably shouldn't be used in traditional ways.
Thus the concern for how he'll be used.
Rooster?

I
I mean, I hear what you’re saying, but that does a disservice to the kid if we say “solely”. He is a talent for sure, and any team would be glad to have a player of his caliber. If Clemson got him from under our noses it would be a coup, but let’s see what happens. Maybe the guys we have in the pipeline or some names we don’t know yet will cushion the blow of a player of his caliber “leaving the Canes.” We are spoiled now that a guy like this can leave and we can say “well at least we have x,y, and z”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quote from inside the Hecht: "Whoever cut up his highlight reel did us a favor."

The national offers came when staffs saw the times and watched the full tape.

It's almost like they took the film and forgot the highlights. None of that makes sense, like there's some amazing, blow away your mind film out there.

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but I wanted to see more.

Always chuckle at stuff like this. Dabo is a dork, but he’s a multiple time national champion. He’s not taking kids for “optics”. If he’s going hard after CJJr, it’s because he thinks he can help him win football games. This board inflates Miami WAY too much all the time. Nick Saban offers kids cause Miami does. Let’s be real, fellas. Not only is this not solely for optics, it’s about 0.1% for optics. It’s because the kid is a really good player.

But that logic doesn't hold up. If we don't have a similar Swiss army knife currently they're not going to see anyone used how this kid would.
I think Rooster is a good comparison. They could see how he's used in the passing game.

Always chuckle at stuff like this. Dabo is a dork, but he’s a multiple time national champion. He’s not taking kids for “optics”. If he’s going hard after CJJr, it’s because he thinks he can help him win football games. This board inflates Miami WAY too much all the time. Nick Saban offers kids cause Miami does. Let’s be real, fellas. Not only is this not solely for optics, it’s about 0.1% for optics. It’s because the kid is a really good player.
I literally know nothing about this kid. I skipped to the end, I don’t even know what position he plays.

But for f*ck sake, who the actual f*ck is saying any coach let alone a NC winner is taking kids for the look of it? What kind of stupid talk is that?

Advertisement
Back