2023 Chris Johnson Jr

I wonder...

Where have we heard this before?

Strange, really. Even with NIL, there's always someone looking to wet their beak.

Too bad, this kid could've been good here.

By now, everyone here should understand the games Miami is willing to play. And the games they're not willing to play.
Dad wants to get that coach Moe money

Advertisement
Per Ivins at 247:

"According those inside his camp, he likes Miami and probably wants to be at Miami, but the Hurricanes need to win over dad."

Apparently Ole Miss is the biggest threat as they think he'd fit their offense well.

Dude, wtf does the dad need to see? I mean seriously? Best o-line class in the country, an offense with a creative running scheme, major facility upgrades, like my God.
I wouldn't worry about this. He going till his visits. We are gonna use the RBs.

I don't blame dad. We've been dog poo for almost two decades now, and we finally look to have some competent leadership in place. Guess Mario's just gotta dig in and show him things are different. Maybe that's the reasoning behind the December tentative date.
What has Ol Miss shown? Plus, anything he liked about Ol Miss' running game last year has transferred to Miami this year. So what does Miami have to prove that Ol Miss doesn't?

Advertisement
Yall gon bash a father for wanting to assess a situation for his own kid lol i done seen it all on this board with recruiting. Kids dad cant even question **** ? Like no way yall think this is normal fan behavior lol this **** is beyond weird with some of yall
first time GIF

Nah man that’s not always what that means. Too many on CIS want to label the parents for being involved and making sure the best decision is made for their child. Insinuating the dad, mom or parents are wanting money or extra benefits.

I was a dad in that position and I needed to see EVERY fckn thing and I needed to be won over and convinced if said coach was genuinely interested in having my son on his team. It business. It ain’t personal.
Everyone on CIS waits til the kid has made his decision and then runs with a narrative. If the kid picks us well… his dad is a great parent that helped guide his son on the most important decision of his young life and made sure his son wasn’t being taken advantage of or mislead. If the kid picks someone else, well… the dad is a cancer, had his hand out, and prevented the kid from following his heart.

Per Ivins at 247:

"According those inside his camp, he likes Miami and probably wants to be at Miami, but the Hurricanes need to win over dad."

Apparently Ole Miss is the biggest threat as they think he'd fit their offense well.

Dude, wtf does the dad need to see? I mean seriously? Best o-line class in the country, an offense with a creative running scheme, major facility upgrades, like my God.
Translation: The kids stock has risen quite a bit and he’s landed some big offers. They are going to sit back and see just how much more NIL/bag money they can get. We can sit here and complain all we want but most of us would do the same **** thing in that situation.

No I'm not being funny.
Chris isn't like most RB's. He's more of a utility type guy. He's not really a traditional RB.

How many RB's in high school play slot WR, outside WR and RB? (and make plays from all 3 spots)

Makes sense for a kid like him to be concerned with how he'll be used.
Chris Johnson's eclectic skills set would seem to be a perfect fit for a Gattis run offense.

Advertisement
We haven’t had this type of speed and explosion since the early part of the century…
Yes definitely. Then defenses will have to deal with our running backs and our running game in addition to a plethora of future NFL TEs. Then throw in the passing game with George, Brinson, Young, Horton and Smith in addition to whoever else we sign at WR this class. Don't forget that we will soon have one of the best OLs in the nation.

Advertisement
What has Ol Miss shown? Plus, anything he liked about Ol Miss' running game last year has transferred to Miami this year. So what does Miami have to prove that Ol Miss doesn't?

I don't mean just Miami. If I was a dad to a top recruit, I'd advise him to wait and analyze every school. But I guess that's just me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back