2023 Chris Johnson Jr

We definitely do and would be adding speed with Baxter. You offer and recruit the kid because Baxter is far from a sure thing. Kid is fast and has allright game tape.

The big question and apologies if I’m behind here, but did they waive the 25 counter per cycle yet? Cause if they did, grab this kid, if not we wait on Baxter. Got a ton of holes to fill with about 15 spots going to OL, DL, and LB. That doesn’t include taking 4 at WR.
Yes on waiver

Advertisement
good OCs will know what to do with this kid - speed is the differentiator...always has been
get him here, figure it out later.

Advertisement
He’s a RB & no he’s not CJ2K’s son.

But he is **** fast, he ran a 10.71 as his fastest 100m time.

I think UGA might be thinking of bringing him in & converting him into a DB.

I’d take him here in a heartbeat, but if he’s strictly just a RB idk where he’d stack up on our RB board.

I say turn him into a CB too, fck it lol, that kinda of speed cannot be taught.
This all day.

You take players that have rare traits point blank period.

We were all drooling over Harrell the WR who went to Bama from UL because he had speed.

Harrell ran a 10.54.

We all love Malik Curtis’ speed.
He ran a 10.81.

Even saw someone invoke Mr Lingards speed being a flop.
He ran a 10.71
Johnson just won 100/200 states with a 10.45/20.73.

YOU TAKE - THE SPEED.

Attachments

• 8FF368C1-6EB6-44CD-80F3-6D4EABF274CE.jpeg
    8FF368C1-6EB6-44CD-80F3-6D4EABF274CE.jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 50
Advertisement
I think the prevailing thought is, his raw traits project him better as a CB in college than a RB, because as a pure RB there are other higher ranked more polished prospects that are better suited for what we’re looking for & would probably be taken ahead of him.

It’s more of a guess than anything, the staff may like him at RB, but his athleticism & raw speed if put at CB could make him a lot of money in the future if developed properly.

It just becomes a numbers game & how he stacks up with the rest of the RB group they’re pursuing in this class.

I’d take him at RB or CB, doesn’t make a difference to me, but I’d be willing to bet the majority of the recent interest he’s received from SEC schools is not just simply due to his RB skills 🤷🏽‍♂️
I want to see his ability to return kicks/punts tbh

Advertisement
Thats my point (which was more joke than reality).

We want to see him wiggle in HS when he doesn't have to. Not saying he doesn't have some stiffness but he also doesn't have to let it all hang out with that much speed.
IMO - you either have wiggle or you don’t. You just don’t all of a sudden start wiggling, lol.

Like your either Hitch or your not!

hitch GIF

This isn't being said for Chris, but moreso RB's in general ...

Speed is great for hitting home runs, but a RB needs vision and good feet before speed.

RB's generally aren't running full speed until they get into the open field. In order to get into the open field you need vision and the ability to navigate through traffic in the tackle box. (which is where feet and wiggle come into play)

The hardest RB's to defend are the ones who can make you miss in a phone booth. Gore had a ton of long runs in his career and he was never a speedster. Duke was the same way.

A RB doesn't need 4.3-4.4 speed to hit home runs. I would bet that the majority of elite RB's we've seen over the years are somewhere within the 4.5 range.

Most running plays take place within the tackle box. Close quarters. Things happen very fast. If you can't make people miss in tight spaces, you're not gonna be very successful IMO.

This is what made Hankerson at STA so tough to defend. You could have every gap covered, have him bottled up, and he would make your LB whiff at the LOS and get positive yards.

Advertisement
Question about wiggle:

How much wiggle do you need when it seems like tacklers are standing still to you?

My money don't jiggle, jiggle, it folds
I'd like to see you wiggle, wiggle, for sure
It makes me wanna dribble, dribble, you know
Riding in my Fiat
You really have to see it
Six feet two in a compact
No slack but luckily the seats go back
I've got a knack to relax, in my mind
Sipping some red, red wine

My money don't jiggle, jiggle, it folds
I'd like to see you wiggle, wiggle, for sure
It makes me wanna dribble, dribble, you know