2023 Chris Johnson Jr

From ITU:
“I really like Miami right now,” Johnson said when asked about programs standing out. “Miami got the lead in my recruitment right now, but I like Louisville, Penn State, Clemson, Florida. But Miami is kind of standing out right now.”

Advertisement
He’s a RB & no he’s not CJ2K’s son.

But he is **** fast, he ran a 10.71 as his fastest 100m time.

I think UGA might be thinking of bringing him in & converting him into a DB.

I’d take him here in a heartbeat, but if he’s strictly just a RB idk where he’d stack up on our RB board.

I say turn him into a CB too, fck it lol, that kinda of speed cannot be taught.
Yep bring him. Speed speed speed and then more speed. Do you guys see the potential to play CB outside of his pure straight line speed? Is he a pure athlete or does he have any true football IQ/knack for the game? Hips? Change of direction? Instincts? Ball skills?

Get him in and then show him how much more an nfl corner makes than a RB in todays football. Kid would be a fool if he has the ability to play corner to stick it out as a RB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a take as a RB based on the other prospects available. I mean sure you have the 'just bring him in and see what happens' aspect, but if he's already a developmental piece at CB, that doesn't want to play CB, and his RB tape isn't among the top 5 on the board, I don't think it makes sense to take him. Obviously **** can change if he has a great year and all that. But as of right now theres a lot of top RBs we are after.

Yall be acting like man maxed out as a high school player. U cannot coach that speed. I always get peeved when man trying to move kids to bew positions. Put him at RB, flex him out. Have him go ham on special teams. We should be the fastest team in the nation. When we were humming, that was the case

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all want speed or not?
Do you think Knighton and/or Chaney are declaring for the draft after this year? Cause if they don't we'd have 7 RBs which is a lot.
Granted the 25 limit wont be there next year, so that certainly removes some of my resistance to it. But regardless of speed, there are plenty of monster RBs in this class. And honestly I don't think that just pure raw speed is nearly as important at RB as it is WR/CB.

Do you think Knighton and/or Chaney are declaring for the draft after this year? Cause if they don't we'd have 7 RBs which is a lot.
Granted the 25 limit wont be there next year, so that certainly removes some of my resistance to it. But regardless of speed, there are plenty of monster RBs in this class. And honestly I don't think that just pure raw speed is nearly as important at RB as it is WR/CB.

It's one of the most overrated traits for a RB. Not too long ago we had a 5* RB with elite track speed. But he had no wiggle, limited vision, and paper mache in his knees. Now he's buried on a suspect **** RB unit.

That said, with portal attrition being a real consideration now, I could see us potentially taking a second RB this class. I'm just not sold on him as that guy.

Y'all want speed or not?
We definitely do and would be adding speed with Baxter. You offer and recruit the kid because Baxter is far from a sure thing. Kid is fast and has allright game tape.

The big question and apologies if I’m behind here, but did they waive the 25 counter per cycle yet? Cause if they did, grab this kid, if not we wait on Baxter. Got a ton of holes to fill with about 15 spots going to OL, DL, and LB. That doesn’t include taking 4 at WR.

We definitely do and would be adding speed with Baxter. You offer and recruit the kid because Baxter is far from a sure thing. Kid is fast and has allright game tape.

The big question and apologies if I’m behind here, but did they waive the 25 counter per cycle yet? Cause if they did, grab this kid, if not we wait on Baxter. Got a ton of holes to fill with about 15 spots going to OL, DL, and LB. That doesn’t include taking 4 at WR.
I believe they did waive the 25 counter.

Advertisement
Back