Chris Herndon

Mayfield >>>>>>>

A pile of **** >

Darnold

Yet had very similar seasons. If you're going this hypothetical route you would have to accept the fact that Herndon would look significantly better with a better QB as well.

My point is simply that anyone thinking it's absurd that Herndon was/is the better of the two needs to get over combine stats.

Advertisement
He was better than Njoku. Other than pure athleticism I don't know why Njoku played so much over him.

Definitely had better hands than Njoku, but not the run-jump athlete than Njoku is. Both are very good as evidenced by both being productive NFL players.

I have written post before regarding how Herndon has really excelled in NFL. Started strong and got even better as the season went on. Him and Darnold are a force for many years to come.

Advertisement
JETS love this kid. Here's a small excerpt from a local NY paper:

The Jets finished up their second week of organized team activities (OTAs) this week and now will conduct their mandatory minicamp next week. Here are some thoughts and observations from this week’s OTA practice that was open to the media:

1. We are all focused on quarterback Sam Darnold and the strides he makes this season, but there is another second-year player worth paying attention to. Tight end Chris Herndon looked really good this week and can be a huge red-zone weapon for Darnold and new coach Adam Gase.

On Wednesday, the Jets did a red-zone period and Herndon made a spectacular one-handed catch for a score. Then, on a two-minute drill he caught another touchdown from Darnold.
Last year, Herndon showed a connection with Darnold that grew throughout the season. He finished with 39 catches for 502 yards and four touchdowns. He had an amazing grab against the Packers late in the season and became a go-to receiver for Darnold.
Gase called Herndon a “unicorn type player” in March and seems excited about what he can do with him inside his offense.

ahem @gogeta4

TEU lives on...

Dont know why you would want to play anywhere else if your a top TE other than Miami, Stanford, or ND

Herndon is the better traditional tight end but Njoku is an explosive play waiting to happen. Herndon isn't going to beat anyone deep or take a 5 yard pass and take it 50 yards to the house. He'll move the chains and be a good safety blanket for Darnold.
didnt Herndon catch a ball and take it to the house against VT? Herndon is more consistent than Njoku, give me consistency over big play waiting to happen

Advertisement

was just coming in here to tag you.

Still cant forget my boy who we were touting fromt he jump. Got 2 see himt wice against my Dolphins he was open all game..hes a tough cover.

Have no idea how or why the top te's arent lined up at our door every recruiting class. The consistency at producing solid pros there is currently unmatched. Maybe Iowa but im trying to think of a college that even comes close.

Love him because he’s a Cane hate em because he’s a Jet I wish him much individual success and much team failure. Go Dolphins.

was just coming in here to tag you.

Still cant forget my boy who we were touting fromt he jump. Got 2 see himt wice against my Dolphins he was open all game..hes a tough cover.

Have no idea how or why the top te's arent lined up at our door every recruiting class. The consistency at producing solid pros there is currently unmatched. Maybe Iowa but im trying to think of a college that even comes close.

I got heat awhile ago when I said Herndon was a better pure football player than Njoku, I stand by that. Herndon in a creative system that will move him around, will be a match-up nightmare

Advertisement
Herndon has flourished and Nojuko is a wait and see player soon he better step up or the every two year trade route is Nojuko future.

GOCANES

Advertisement
may be the best pro out of Miami in the last 5-7 years

Consummated professional , he’ll play 10 years maybe never make Pro Bowl, yet be very rich invest well and have nice NFL pension.

A perfect example of doing it the right way and successfully.

GOCANES

Kid played right on the same **** field on Saturdays and instead they took 2 stiffs from ND and PSU.

Could you imagine how mad i am. Honestly both dudes might/should not make the roster THIS YEAR. The Giseki dude is softer than bird sh*t..and the OSU dude was worthless out the gate

Advertisement
Back