Chris Herndon Suspended Again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If they are suspending him for smoking weed (something that is legal in like 30+ states now) that's ridiculous. I guess he should just get addicted to opiods instead to deal with pain. I'm not a smoker, but it's ridiculous that many jobs still care about Marijuana use.

In a sense I agree with you. But I fly a lot, I’d like my airline pilots to be Boy Scouts, at least when it comes to substance use.

In a sense I agree with you. But I fly a lot, I’d like my airline pilots to be Boy Scouts, at least when it comes to substance use.

100%. Thats why I mentioned "many" but not "all.". When the job has direct responsibility for the safety of others like pilot, bus driver, surgeon, or has an inherently dangerous job where a moment of inattention can cause certain death like high voltage power line electrician, I don't have much issue with the employer saying, "no Marijuana use." Ideally you'd let the employees do what they want in their free time, but it's not practical to make them take a drug test every day before work so a blanket ban is more expedient. But a football player? It's not a performance enhancer. Players who are in pain and looking for opiods should be encouraged to try prescribed Marijuana first.

100%. Thats why I mentioned "many" but not "all.". When the job has direct responsibility for the safety of others like pilot, bus driver, surgeon, or has an inherently dangerous job where a moment of inattention can cause certain death like high voltage power line electrician, I don't have much issue with the employer saying, "no Marijuana use." Ideally you'd let the employees do what they want in their free time, but it's not practical to make them take a drug test every day before work so a blanket ban is more expedient. But a football player? It's not a performance enhancer. Players who are in pain and looking for opiods should be encouraged to try prescribed Marijuana first.

Yeah I don’t care about athletes doing it. The thing about drug test for dangerous jobs is that when it comes to cannabis, I think it’s extremely difficult to tell whether the use was yesterday or last week, because the psychoactive compounds (THC, etc) are fat soluble (lipophilic) so it stays in your system for a significant amount of time, slowly leaching back into your bloodstream even after you’ve stopped using, so you’re going to test positive I’ve heard even weeks after using.

Therefore I would think that any positive test in those types of jobs would not be a good thing from the perspective of the employer.

This is as opposed to alcohol for example which is water soluble and is basically completely out of your system the next day.

Advertisement
I don’t think this is for weed. My memory is that the NFL stopped testing for marijuana very recently.

Weed is stored in fat cells which is why it is detectable up to 4 weeks after use.

Ironically coke is out of the system with 2-3 days for all but the the heaviest users so its always been “smarter” for athletes to use coke than weed in terms of being caught.

You'd be surprised how many fly buzzed from the sauce.

1668692567846.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back