Chris Graves WR or DB?

Graves and Curtis to WR....who's with me?
I Didnt Desus And Mero GIF by Bernie Sanders

Advertisement
8 WRs on scholarship....talk all spring about Gattis being unimpressed.....suit yourselves

8 WRs on scholarship....talk all spring about Gattis being unimpressed.....suit yourselves
Could've been downplaying the situation....idk for sure but there's always a game being being within the game by these coaches.

If we were absolutely bone-dry at WR, as many transfers as we brought in, we'd had a WR by now. The fact that Mario is being ultra-selective about which WRs we're willing to bring onboard gives us all an indication of where they view the WR room.

Advertisement

You're putting that on Gattis? A little premature, don't you think?

I'm concerned about not having a blazer. And I'm concerned that Washington and little Seymore are the only 2023 WR commits. I'm not panicked about Gattis.

Curtis needs to get some burn at WR given both the glaring lack of speed we currently possess and striking out with an established portal WR,, and I don't think it's even worth an argument.

Leave Graves at DB.

Last edited:
Malik Curtis should move to WR. Leave Graves at CB. Curtis can be what they were hoping to get out of that UCF transfer.

Advertisement

I'm concerned about not having a blazer. And I'm concerned that Washington and little Seymore are the only 2023 WR commits. I'm not panicked about Gattis.
I'm not putting anything on Gattis but it was rumored that he was displeased with the WRs in the spring. It may not be a problem since we're deep at RB and TE and can use Knighton, Parrish, Arroyo, Skinner in the passing game. Brashard excelled lining up at RB. Jacolby George looks pretty dynamic with the ball in his hands. The aggregate talent on offense is very good but Gattis must get creative unless he can extract a lot out of what looks like an average WR corps.

Seymour won't be in this class. He's going to have to have a spectacular summer and senior season to stick in this 23 WR class

Mike Redding -- Top 200 kid, offers from multiple SEC schools, The Opening, UA All-American
Xavier Restrepo -- Not highly ranked but has produced at this level, albeit not much. Nobody expects him to carry a WR room, but very reliable, good hands, strong, can be a very good college WR and we have a sample at the college level to back that up.
Keyshawn Smith -- Not highly ranked but several P5 offers out west. Probably served more as a WR3 than an alpha, but has proven he can contribute. Likely not a stud, but not JAG either. Rotational kid, at worst.

Romello Brinson -- Top 150 kid, offers from everyone
Jacolby George -- Top 200 kid, UA All-American
Brashard Smith -- Top 250 kid, offers from everyone, Army All-American

Frank Ladson -- Was good enough for Clemson out of HS, #39 overall player in America, 30+ offers, The Opening, UA All-America, etc.
Isaiah Horton -- Multiple SEC offers, blue-chip prospect, should have the size to compete right away

This isn't even mentioning one of the best TE rooms in America, and one of the best RB rooms in America with MULTIPLE kids who are well above-average/elite pass catching backs. Rooster can be deployed as a de facto slot WR/scat back, Citizen has WR skills, Parrish caught 21 balls last year as a backup (We haven't had ANY back catch 21+ balls since Mark Walton in 2016), Chaney can certainly catch, DMoney has been praising Thad's receiving chops on here for 2 years. So TE is LOADED with pass-catchers. RB is LOADED with pass-catchers.

Do we really think ALL the kids I listed as the WR room suck? There's gotta be SOME talent there to polish, no? Even if we can get good production from half those kids, and they can be counted upon, we should be OK. I certainly am on board with the staff in wanting another WR. We do need someone proven. But assuming we add nothing to this room, I really don't see how this situation prevents us from attaining our realistic goals, unless we have the worst luck on the planet and every kid I listed above is a donkey.

Mike Redding -- Top 200 kid, offers from multiple SEC schools, The Opening, UA All-American
Xavier Restrepo -- Not highly ranked but has produced at this level, albeit not much. Nobody expects him to carry a WR room, but very reliable, good hands, strong, can be a very good college WR and we have a sample at the college level to back that up.
Keyshawn Smith -- Not highly ranked but several P5 offers out west. Probably served more as a WR3 than an alpha, but has proven he can contribute. Likely not a stud, but not JAG either. Rotational kid, at worst.

Frank Ladson -- Was good enough for Clemson out of HS, #39 overall player in America, 30+ offers, The Opening, UA All-America, etc.
Isaiah Horton -- Multiple SEC offers, blue-chip prospect, should have the size to compete right away

This isn't even mentioning one of the best TE rooms in America, and one of the best RB rooms in America with MULTIPLE kids who are well above-average/elite pass catching backs. Rooster can be deployed as a de facto slot WR/scat back, Citizen has WR skills, Parrish caught 21 balls last year as a backup (We haven't had ANY back catch 21+ balls since Mark Walton in 2016), Chaney can certainly catch, DMoney has been praising Thad's receiving chops on here for 2 years. So TE is LOADED with pass-catchers. RB is LOADED with pass-catchers.

Do we really think ALL the kids I listed as the WR room suck? There's gotta be SOME talent there to polish, no? Even if we can get good production from half those kids, and they can be counted upon, we should be OK. I certainly am on board with the staff in wanting another WR. We do need someone proven. But assuming we add nothing to this room, I really don't see how this situation prevents us from attaining our realistic goals, unless we have the worst luck on the planet and every kid I listed above is a donkey.

It’s crazy but none of these guys excite me. There’s talent there but it’s just got me going “meh”

Brinson flashed last year, he’s the guy we need to take that next step.

We really just lack a burner, Travis Benjamin/Dorsett type of player who can take the top off…all the bodies we got have the same skill set with Brashard Smith being the closest guy to the above mentioned.

Advertisement

I agree with this poster. Some of you guys are painting this room like this is the year we had Brian Monroe taking snaps at WR. Every guy in this room had big time offers maybe except for Isaiah Horton. Smith, Mello, Ladson, George were prime time. KSmith was a late bloomer and Restrospo is proving to probably be the most reliable in the room.

You telling me we cant find 4 guys to play WR and play it at a high level? All we need is 4. With the TE room we have we dont need to go deep at WR. We have 3 TEs that are ready for primetime right now. Give me 4 WRs and lets roll. Just find 4.

Great post.

Advertisement
Malik Curtis should move to WR. Leave Graves at CB. Curtis can be what they were hoping to get out of that UCF transfer.

I don't understand why this hasn't been done...They bring in Porter...They welcome Ivey (god I wish this bum would leave) and Blades back. Dunson supposedly had a big spring. Clarke flashed last year. And this is before we get to the 3 new kids? No transfers at the position.

Last edited:

It seems like people get caught up in whatever the narrative of the week is.... If it's reported that the room lacks a true speed WR well that must mean they're all turtle slow and can't make any plays whatsoever....
It's generally the same posters repeating the same stuff over and over changing a word here and there to make it sound a tad different but it's still the same....
I'm not worried about the WR room... We have plenty of weapons there till Mario recruits or portals the position to his liking.... We haven't even started season 1 yet under Mario but to some the Chicken Little effect is in full bloom...

There is potential, but the lack of fundamentals was apparent and that just needs time.

Advertisement
Back