Chris Graves(nothing bad)

People are always delusional about freshmen. CB especially is tough for any non-Surtain caliber player to just walk into a starting spot.

And I really like Graves, but CB2 and "not close"? come on OP
Outside of Stevenson every Manny Diaz CB on the roster is beatable

Advertisement
Usually I would agree but if Graves can make the top 4 then you must play him. The thing is that will be difficult even for a prospect like Graves.

Well since he is not coming in until June, if makes the top 4 of our fall camp we have bigger problems. Namely dead weight in the name of Couch, Clarke, Curtis, and Harrell (we already know about Ivey)

I thought he was in Miami for January.

Well in that case, none of TF’s will be starters this year lol

Ivey, Porter, Blades, Couch & Clarke will be battling it out for the Boundary & Nickel Corner spots.
Do you think it might just be a case of them not starting at first but as the season goes on they get starts if earned????

Advertisement
I just want to see press man coverage with a jam at the LOS. Might shed a tear if we do it twice in one series.

Will be CB2 this year and it’s not close imo.

Competition will be for Nickle and CB4 between Couch, Clark, blades and Porter.

My ideal CB trip would be Stevenson-Graves with blades as the slot.

If Couch proves he can tackle then he will move up.
Not close huh?

DB0D4E4A-8BC7-403E-A3AB-0480C7A836EB.jpeg

Advertisement
Notice how he doesn't mention Curtis lol. The young guys better be ready....I'm tired of seeing Couch get worked every game.

Couch, Curtis and Porter are who they are. We need to bring in more talent across the back 5.

Advertisement
Hope you're right. Typically takes true freshmen a few games in before they're given the keys. But if Graves beats out Porter early on, that's a helluva a sign he's going to be a great one.

I still hope Mario takes a second portal CB this cycle. Let the competition do the talking. Hope Ivey lives up to his potential, Blades comes back from long Covid, Couch bounces back to be Corn Elder-esque, Clarke has a breakthrough season, the three 2022 kids are all better than Surtain's year one at Bama. Hope it all happens. But iron sharpens iron. Go get another top performer and make them earn their snaps.

Bumping my own post from nearly a year ago. We're going to be in Groundhog's Day come September if we don't upgrade both CB and S. Graves hardly ever saw the field, much less started, when Ivey was flopping on busted plays. ... There are some kids I hope will step up, and I do like Graves a lot. But you can't just "hope" your way into winning the ACC.

Advertisement
Maybe he didn’t mention Curtis, Couch, or Porter is because the question was about dudes who haven’t played yet. I missed alot of games last year but was porter any good?

Maybe he didn’t mention Curtis, Couch, or Porter is because the question was about dudes who haven’t played yet. I missed alot of games last year but was porter any good?
He really didn't play much. I haven't given up on him. Couch has been terrible for however long he's been here and Curtis was getting cooked by Southern Miss WR's. That should tell you all you need to know.

Advertisement
Back