2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

I'd say the group I'm most into that has absolutely ZERO name recognition on the west coast is Run the Jewels. Unfortunately they haven't been dropping as much as they were a few years ago. But Killer Mike is obviously dope Atlanta rapper. El-P's sound can be pretty polarizing though. But they're actually older dudes closer to Nas' age

One thing I'll never get is how Alchemist has been Eminems DJ since literally like 2005, yet they only have like 1 song together. Meanwhile dudes got an EP with everyone lol.

I've been listening to a bit of Iamsu, Larry June and Mozzy since my nephew will literally ONLY listen to local Bay Area rap and is constantly showing me guys. Don't really care for majority of it though.
I was too afraid to jump into this conversation as I certainly don't consider myself a rap connoisseur, but god**** do I love me some RTJ.

Advertisement
You ain’t LION
Cbs Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

You’ve pushed your luck too far @ben

Take some time off here

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Last edited:
Back to your rant, which is also a personal issue for me in that I represented many an Atlanta rapper whose music I could not stand, and I am a rap aficionado going back to PE, Rakim, NWA, Ice T, EPMD, Ghetto Boys, etc…
Rap back then, and thru the mid-90’s with Pac and others had a specific message. And the message was different from rapper to rapper.
PE was militant/political
NWA was street/political
Pac and Biggie wrote poetry to music

But each had something they needed to say which told a personal; story. I find rap today boring because no one has anything to say which is personal to them. A LOT of this is because of record labels. From my time with Gucci Mane, Franchize Boyz, Lucci, etc…I asked all of them what happened to rap. The answer was always pretty similar.
1. The labels do not want political rap. They are not interested in creating any waves.
2. The labels want music about simple subjects that they feel will appeal to a larger audience. For example, money, girls, jewelry and even drugs.

The result is boring, similar rap. I’m sure there are more answers but the labels found a way to control and package rap. So whereas the mass audience listens to more “rap” than ever, people who loved rap for years find themselves very disillusioned.
That plus back then there was real passion and emotion in their voices. Now its all either stupid monotone mumbling or autotune to cover for their complete lack of vocal skills.

Wait so he’s taking an OV or Unofficial Visit? Felt like he already took his OV with us over the summer. If he visits us right before he commits + Cribby not saying much =

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
I'd say the group I'm most into that has absolutely ZERO name recognition on the west coast is Run the Jewels. Unfortunately they haven't been dropping as much as they were a few years ago. But Killer Mike is obviously dope Atlanta rapper. El-P's sound can be pretty polarizing though. But they're actually older dudes closer to Nas' age

One thing I'll never get is how Alchemist has been Eminems DJ since literally like 2005, yet they only have like 1 song together. Meanwhile dudes got an EP with everyone lol.

I've been listening to a bit of Iamsu, Larry June and Mozzy since my nephew will literally ONLY listen to local Bay Area rap and is constantly showing me guys. Don't really care for majority of it though.
Numbers...

Advertisement
Griselda was pretty underground but are getting more popular/acclaim now.
For as much **** as Eminem gets he basically exclusively signs lyricists to Shady - Royce (been on a great run), Budden, Crook, Joell Ortiz, yelawolf, and Griselda for a lil are all gone now, but still got Grip - pretty good young atlanta artist, Westside Boogie, and now EZ Mil.

just randomly naming some pretty popular guys: Denzel Curry, JID, Tyler the creator and Earl Sweatshirt, Cordae, Vince Staples, Isaiah Rashad, Flatbush Zombies, are all younger than Kendrick and Cole. **** the crazy thing is Lil Wayne and like Lupe Fiasco is only 2 years older than Cole!

...but yeah having a new Rawkus Records would be cool.
Bro, don’t say the name Lupe Fiasco to me! Heard buddy current music and threw up! I’m so ***king upset he was a real one for so long! I couldn’t even listen to his old joints after that! The discus wouldn’t let me.

I was too afraid to jump into this conversation as I certainly don't consider myself a rap connoisseur, but god**** do I love me some RTJ.
I spent way too much time late last night trying to find a tweet where there was video of Miami players working out to RTJ that someone tweeted at Killer Mike and he responded something to the effect of '**** ya'. Sadly I was unable to find it.

Last edited:
Feels like he's long gone. Has @DMoney mentioned his name at any time over the past month or more?
Mannnn F-him....Either you want to be a Cane, or you don't. There's absolutely no in-between....You don't wake up in the morning and flip a coin, Heads UM....Tails Georgia/Tennessee....our NIL (in his particular case) I'm sure is plenty good.

Advertisement
No SAG issues?
All I know is Covid cost him a sh*t ton of $$$ in regards to a Miniseries about Egypt/Princess Nefertitti....it was in pre-production up until Covid...and delayed the entire production....not to mention Rhianna who was to play the part of Nefertitti, became pregnant, which had them scrambling to find another actress. They found famous British actress Karen David to play the role, but she was booked to the gills with other projects. Here's my cousin with Karen David.
MV5BODhiZjg3ODAtZmY0OS00MDQ5LThhYWYtODQzODY1NGZmOTI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_UY280_CR4...jpg

Advertisement
@AtlAtty ....this will be the final product. There's 24 investors...at first the Miniseries was to be called "Nefertitti"...but there was a few other Movies that were already made with that name, Which would've caused infringement problems. So all 24 investors were called to NYC for a few days, and they came up with another name "Pharaoh"...
MV5BOWY4MjYwNTgtZjE2Ny00Y2I3LWI5MjUtYmZhZjgxY2E5M2FhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNzE1Njg@._V1_UY280_CR4...jpg

The bolded are my go to list.

Also check out Jay Worthy. He collabs with June and Currensy.

Other west coast la stuff i like is BLXST. He is a singer but he makes that dope vibe young warren g type stuff

ngl I don't listen to ANY non US (and Canada for Drake lol) rap. Not even that I think UK rap is bad. Literally don't think I've ever sat down and listened to a UK rapper.
Ok listen to

DAVE- PSYCHODRAMA.

Just play the whole album then come back n tell me if u like . It dropped in 2019 but DAVE is still probably the best out of the UK

Advertisement
Back