2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

Changing Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Bama versus Georgia. They've won one game in their last 8 or 9 match ups. Both are killing it on the trail. Georgia still hasn't caught up there, but they're **** close.

I'd be curious as to the retention rate of both schools coaching staffs. Has one done a better job keeping the staff in tact the last few years? I know Georgia lost some before this past season, but Bama has been that way for a decade.
People threw dirt on Alabamas grave last year and they responded by landing the greatest recruiting class in history

They’ll be ok yeah

They have but Bama has always been more limited than UGA. There are levels to this ****. The first thing you need is die hard donors down to do whatever. The southern schools check those boxes. Then you need someone to put the system together both bags and program then lastly you need the money.

Clemson, Bama, UGA and 8-4 are great examples of how to do this. Clemson has the want but not the money and I think their system while great with how they executed isn’t up to speed to the Saban tree. Bama had the want and good money but most importantly they had the architect in Saban. UGA and 8-4 are different monsters. They have way more money especially 8-4. Where 8-4 has failed us Jimbo isn’t carrying his weight on the field so far. Kirby just doesn’t give a **** and his donors are 100% behind him. Right now the reason UGA isn’t getting everyone along with 8-4 is because kids still see the value of playing for Saban. If Bama is a hellcat then UGA is a Bugatti in the bag department.
UGA would always be more of a problem than Bama long term i think

1.) they have better athletes in state
2.)They are close enough to florida to poach
3.) No matter what your still in Bama, I mean Athens aint everything...but its close enough to ATL to be a real factor.
4.) No instate challengers, Bama has Auburn.

That being said they still lucked into it with Bama wrs being hurt. But kirby just took the same recruiting department/bags he learned under saban an went up a notch.
Clemson is just kind of staunt in what they do recruiting wise..they have the money and they spend it and have been for awhile. They are just more strategic...they are kind of like how Mario is recruiting this class. Dabo doesnt target any and eveyr 5 star like BAMA, UGA....but he'll be in play with every DL and every qb for sure.

Advertisement
Every team has a run. Man thought Bama was unbeatable as well. Even high level recruits are just that. How do they continue to replace staff, especially bringing in Bobo etc. People were just glad to see someone knock off Bama, now we have to knock off UGA. I want us to be the ones to end one of these mega teams.
We're not ending one regardless. In this day and age it's not about one super team. It's about a small group of them. That's what nil and the portal has created. We simply are trying to even the playing field. Not overtake it.

Advertisement
Exactly. People just run their ****** mouths. I'm sure he's gonna say that's what we did with Shapiro or the pell grant stuff. Clueless **** talkers.
Dee.... I NEVER saw Shapiro at UM/GreenTree in 2000. Even in 01 I didn't see him. I think Shapiro was more 02-onward...
You know what Butch & Sarge would've done to that midget if he was caught schmoozing with the players.

Every team has a run. Man thought Bama was unbeatable as well. Even high level recruits are just that. How do they continue to replace staff, especially bringing in Bobo etc. People were just glad to see someone knock off Bama, now we have to knock off UGA. I want us to be the ones to end one of these mega teams.
I honestly just wanna win 9 games two years in a row for once. Then I’ll think about that lol

Advertisement
We're not ending one regardless. In this day and age it's not about one super team. It's about a small group of them. That's what nil and the portal has created. We simply are trying to even the playing field. Not overtake it.

That will be a good start. I still believe if we start making waves in the expanded playoffs, we vault quickly to #1. Mario's ELITE recruiting + relative NIL parity + local talent + Miami will get us back to the good old days. I'm going to keep believing this until proven wrong which is hopefully never.

Advertisement
Dee.... I NEVER saw Shapiro at UM/GreenTree in 2000. Even in 01 I didn't see him. I think Shapiro was more 02-onward...
You know what Butch & Sarge would've done to that midget if he was caught schmoozing with the players.
He used to come around the frats every now and again. But all buddy was is a groupie. He didn't do **** but just wanna hang around. All this nonsense that was created about buddy how it was so widespread just annoyed the **** outta me.

That will be a good start. I still believe if we start making waves in the expanded playoffs, we vault quickly to #1. Mario's ELITE recruiting + relative NIL parity + local talent + Miami will get us back to the good old days. I'm going to keep believing this until proven wrong which is hopefully never.
Well be in that lead group when it relates to talent. Honestly that's all we should ask. Long as play on the field can sort it all out from there I'll be happy. That's the point people fail to realize when it relates to us. Forever we been telling people were all about deception. Smoke and mirrors. Now we're trying to get back into line up and mollywop that man on the other side of you. Win your one on ones and we take off from there. It's gonna take some time. But we will get back to that one way or the other.

Advertisement
Back