2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

UGA is about to lose one of their LBs to Bama/AU though.
crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Advertisement
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that Saban perfected the pay to play system during the bag era, then others caught on and caught up (UGA, A2M and Clemson). NIL has opened the door to other players (Miami, USC) to compete as well.

Feels like we're finally getting to a market clearing price, where a subset of programs can afford to pursue the top recruits and those recruits have a choice of programs to attend at or near the same pay levels (with NIL agencies providing professional counsel and coordinating engagement). Which means that the choice is either going to come down to the kid's fit with a program/staff, or a program will be willing to outbid/overpay vs everyone else).

Capitalism at its finest. Not sure it should be exempt from taxation, but that's a whole different conversation.

Advertisement
Bama has been buying them for years.
They have but Bama has always been more limited than UGA. There are levels to this ****. The first thing you need is die hard donors down to do whatever. The southern schools check those boxes. Then you need someone to put the system together both bags and program then lastly you need the money.

Clemson, Bama, UGA and 8-4 are great examples of how to do this. Clemson has the want but not the money and I think their system while great with how they executed isn’t up to speed to the Saban tree. Bama had the want and good money but most importantly they had the architect in Saban. UGA and 8-4 are different monsters. They have way more money especially 8-4. Where 8-4 has failed us Jimbo isn’t carrying his weight on the field so far. Kirby just doesn’t give a **** and his donors are 100% behind him. Right now the reason UGA isn’t getting everyone along with 8-4 is because kids still see the value of playing for Saban. If Bama is a hellcat then UGA is a Bugatti in the bag department.

Advertisement
They have but Bama has always been more limited than UGA. There are levels to this ****. The first thing you need is die hard donors down to do whatever. The southern schools check those boxes. Then you need someone to put the system together both bags and program then lastly you need the money.

Clemson, Bama, UGA and 8-4 are great examples of how to do this. Clemson has the want but not the money and I think their system while great with how they executed isn’t up to speed to the Saban tree. Bama had the want and good money but most importantly they had the architect in Saban. UGA and 8-4 are different monsters. They have way more money especially 8-4. Where 8-4 has failed us Jimbo isn’t carrying his weight on the field so far. Kirby just doesn’t give a **** and his donors are 100% behind him. Right now the reason UGA isn’t getting everyone along with 8-4 is because kids still see the value of playing for Saban. If Bama is a hellcat then UGA is a Bugatti in the bag department.
You hit it apot on with the Clemmy Tiggs. They'd do it, but don't have the same level of money. Good school, but not a massive enrollment or alum base. There simply aren't enough of them. Perpetual fail USCe still has more fans in SC.

Advertisement
Richt was backed by bags, look no further than Cane traitor Sony Michel. At the same time can you blame him for not playing for Golden and taking a bag? Kirby is just more ruthless and gives ZERO *****. That mentality can be addictive and spread like wild fire and it did with UGA's big money. They said **** it, we will not be remembered as 1980 and they went pedal to the metal. The funny part is that they would have failed if Bama's WRs stay healthy, alas they did not and here we are.
Yes sir to all!

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Bama versus Georgia. They've won one game in their last 8 or 9 match ups. Both are killing it on the trail. Georgia still hasn't caught up there, but they're **** close.

I'd be curious as to the retention rate of both schools coaching staffs. Has one done a better job keeping the staff in tact the last few years? I know Georgia lost some before this past season, but Bama has been that way for a decade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back