2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

Advertisement
OV set. Summary please

Contenders from coast to coast are making a run at Salem (Va.) linebacker Chris Cole, but Miami solidified themselves as a program in position to make a run at the 6-foot-3, 210-pounder.

Following a two-day visit with the program on Tuesday, Cole scheduled an official visit with the Hurricanes for June 22. Georgia is the only school who has locked in another one of those coveted trips. That’s for the weekend before.

“It went great. I was able to meet the new coaching staff and I was able to talk with [Mario Cristobal] and the players too. I saw the facilities and what they have to offer me too,” Cole told InsideTheU.

Derek Nicholson has been heavily involved in this recruitment for Miami and Cole watched his unit play fast.

“That’s my first time meeting him and he’s a great coach. I feel like he can develop me on and off the field,” Cole said.

Cristobal has been relaying to Cole that he really wants him in orange and green, the same colors his uncle Rohan Marley wore at the college level. There are family ties to Miami and some still live in the area.

“He means a lot to me. This is where he played at and he was a star here. He was one of the best linebackers here. He wants me here. He wants me to come to The U,” Cole said.

Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Oregon, and USC and some others will host this spring. Penn State also got the Virginia native on campus this spring.

“I had a great time here and I want to come back,” Cole said of Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think he grows into a perfect stand up edge that can be used all over. His arms are long af and he clearly is nowhere done growing. His film is really impressive, he has good fundamentals when he pursues.

Advertisement
His film and frame early looks alot like Chase Smith.

Like him as an OLB he has really good coverage skills already.....he's going to need about 20 pounds though just like Smith.
I saw a you tube video going over our spring practices and it went into players recovering and man Chase looked jacked.

For a second there I thought he forgot we offered but then I thought he probably did that on purpose.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Back