2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

Advertisement
I‘m not worried one bit about the nephew of a Cane who played with as much heart as anyone in the history of the program. And happens to be close with our current HC. As long as we show Cole that he is wanted/needed and that we can help him reach his team and individual goals we should expect him to be a Cane.
We’re talking about the nephew of Rohan mother**cking Marley.

Duys9XZW4AIJ9As.jpg:large
The caption to this should be, “bro you better give me back that joint”.

Advertisement
That’s fine. Please address the individuals who **** on everything with this type of stuff directly and specifically as it relates to what they post. Most of us praise and criticize without an agenda and don’t deserve to be grouped in with that as if it’s the board majority that does that.

If some yo yo says Mario can’t recruit OL then please address that yo yo or bump his poRst on ESD when he pulls in a great class.

I will just say this.

I have long been critical of the websites and their rankings. I do not believe that the collective pool of Rivals/247/on3 hacks have the bandwidth to assess thousands of kids, many of whom live in smaller towns without much media attention.

I have been pretty consistent, for years, that I believe full-time paid coaches (particularly now that they have an army of video support staffers) are far better trained and equipped to assess talent than internet writers are.

My beef, such as it is, concerns not just Miami fans who knee-jerk into "he's just a 3-star JAG" reactions, but also the Gaytor star-whores and any number of fanbases who substitute critical thinking and trust-in-coaches-who-have-earned-trust for "but I just read the latest 247 update". And I also feel that the top-of-the-food-chain guys like Saban and Smart are a bit too obsessed about blue-chippers, even though it probably won't cost them their jobs.

So my particular reaction, when a guy like Cole finally gets the website recognition that matches up to the coaches' assessments, is that EVERYONE who nut-hangs on the 247 rankings can **** off, no matter what team they root for.

We've all seen this movie before (as evidenced by Northern Gator's diatribe on another board)...I have no idea why people bet all their chips on a transitory 247 ranking list 9 months prior to Signing Day. These kids have only played 75% of their high school careers, and continue to get taller and heavier and more skilled. It's time to stop acting like the tallest kid in 10th grade is always going to be the tallest kid in his class.

Congratulations to Chris Cole!

And a polite F.U. to all of the people (no matter what school you root for) who felt compelled to post blazing-hot takes on a kid based solely on where he stood on some temporary ranking system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow

Shavers and Cole is a nice haul…I think they can get away with 2 this year…On the heels of 4 HS and F.M. last year…But if they like Flowers or another pure Mike enough than maybe they'll take 3.

I wanted us to grab that Williams kid from the west coast that decommitted from USC earlier in the year but it’s gone pretty quiet between us & him. I’m also a huge fan of the Platt kid from WA.

Advertisement
Wow

Shavers and Cole is a nice haul…I think they can get away with 2 this year…On the heels of 4 HS and F.M. last year…But if they like Flowers or another pure Mike enough than maybe they'll take 3.
They wanted 5 last year and only got 4. Have to believe they're taking at least 3 and there's no way they're turning away Dylan Williams.

My ideal LB class of Vincent Shavers, Chris Cole and Williams is alive and well. And I'm warming to the concept of Keyshawn Flowers or Cameron Pruitt to wrap up the class.

This is the last year with no limits on incoming FR. Have to maximize the window to reshape the roster.

Last edited:
They wanted 5 last year and only got 4. Have to believe they're taking at least 3 and there's no way they're turning away Dylan Williams.

My ideal LB class of Vincent Shavers, Chris Cole and Williams is alive and well. And I'm warming to the concept of Keyshawn Flowers or Cameron Pruitt to wrap up the class.

Gabby has hinted others may be ahead of Williams on the pecking order.

I could see Pruitt...

But again I think if it's not exactly want we want we could get by with 2 from a roster management point of view. I think 3 is still ehhh most likely outcome, but 2 is definitely possible. Especially if we are talking 7 DL, 4-5 DB, 4-5 OL, 2 TE. Not like old days where 10-12 LB on roster is a must.

I believe LB #3, RB #2, WR #4, OL #5…etc, is where decision are going to have to be made and I don't believe all of those are locks to be part of this class.

Gabby has hinted others may be ahead of Williams on the pecking order.

I could see Pruitt...

But again I think if it's not exactly want we want we could get by with 2 from a roster management point of view. I think 3 is still ehhh most likely outcome, but 2 is definitely possible. Especially if we are talking 7 DL, 4-5 DB, 4-5 OL, 2 TE. Not like old days where 10-12 LB on roster is a must.

I believe LB #3, RB #2, WR #4, OL #5…etc, is where decision are going to have to be made and I don't believe all of those are locks to be part of this class.
The west coast teams have some looks like Tarzan plays like Jane worries with Williams from what I’ve read…

Wow

Gotta go 3.

My wish list.

You can sub Williams for Cole depending on how the upcoming ov's go.

Any groupings of those 4 I like coming off of last class. Cole might even be pushing ahead of Williams for me after the recent camp.

Advertisement
Back