Chizik steps down

Advertisement
More likely due to the impending NCAA storm coming their way. He wants nothing to do with that mess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More likely due to the impending NCAA storm coming their way. He wants nothing to do with that mess.

Definitely family. When his family didn't move up there, I knew he wouldn't be there long.

This could be the ONE time when someone says "family" and it's actually true considering what you just wrote about the fact that his family never moved up there with him.

Or it could be like hundreds of other times when someone has said "family", and there's something else going on just beneath the surface. Maybe the NCAA, maybe something else. Or this is one time when it might actually be family.

One to ponder,

Definitely family. When his family didn't move up there, I knew he wouldn't be there long.

This could be the ONE time when someone says "family" and it's actually true considering what you just wrote about the fact that his family never moved up there with him.

Or it could be like hundreds of other times when someone has said "family", and there's something else going on just beneath the surface. Maybe the NCAA, maybe something else. Or this is one time when it might actually be family.

One to ponder,

His son and mine are on the same football team. When Chizik was first hired at UNC (January 2015), I expected his son to finish out the school year (Spring 2015) but then not enroll for Fall 2015. When he participated in summer workouts and then was on the team for the 2015 season, it seemed a bit odd and I made a mental note. My son said Chicik's daughters were seniors so I was like oh ok makes sense. When the son participated in Summer workouts in 2016 and then was still in school at the beginning of the 2016 season, I said, "Chizik's not going to be there much longer." It definitely may be something else going on behind the scenes, but I'm thinking this time it's true. That guy is really a family oriented down to earth guy.

Advertisement
"Spending more time with family" usually means he f*ucked a coed and got caught.

That would be really hard to be away form family. Why did he take the job in the first place? The guy already has a lot of cash from Auburn.

Advertisement
Whatever the reason, UNC is in trouble. Chizik was their best coach and his defenses were a huge factor in allowing them to run up-tempo. Take him away and both sides of the ball will suffer. Add in the NCAA investigation, and what elite kid will want to commit there going forward? No Geo Bernards or Marvin Austins going to the Tar Heels for many years to come.

I think Fuente is a superior coach, and Narduzzi is pretty solid. But UNC was the sleeping giant that never woke up. Take them out of the equation and we really should have the inside track to win the Coastal each year.

Whatever the reason, UNC is in trouble. Chizik was their best coach and his defenses were a huge factor in allowing them to run up-tempo. Take him away and both sides of the ball will suffer. Add in the NCAA investigation, and what elite kid will want to commit there going forward? No Geo Bernards or Marvin Austins going to the Tar Heels for many years to come.

I think Fuente is a superior coach, and Narduzzi is pretty solid. But UNC was the sleeping giant that never woke up. Take them out of the equation and we really should have the inside track to win the Coastal each year.

North Carolina's defense sucked. No way a good defense gives up over 400 yds in 7 games and finishes #109 in rushing yards allowed per game....

North Carolina's defense sucked. No way a good defense gives up over 400 yds in 7 games and finishes #109 in rushing yards allowed per game....

yea.. but he got the most out of that group.. now imagine that D without him.. We won't have to worry about UNC flipping the "U" downward anymore.. when we slap them by 30.

Advertisement
Back