chip kelly

theu852

Sophomore
how realistic are the chances of him being a legitamite candidate for our canes if he gets canned by the eagles? personally, i don't think our admin will put the money out there for him to coach here.

Advertisement
The problem is that there would be a lot of completion for him.
So I would think our chances would not be that high....given our administration.

Chip Kelly had so much confidence in his offense’s ability to score in the final minute of the first half that he took two timeouts while the Falcons had the ball, just to give his offense time. That plan backfired.

After Kelly called his timeouts while the Falcons’ offense was on the field, Atlanta kicked a field goal with 1:05 to play, making the score 13-3.

Then Philadelphia’s offense took the field, and Sam Bradford promptly threw an interception, giving the Falcons the ball back. It briefly looked like the Eagles’ defense would bail them out, forcing a Falcons fumble, but a Kiko Alonso illegal contact penalty nullified that fumble. After that, Matt Ryan hit Julio Jones for a 22-yard touchdown catch that made the score 20-3.

It wasn’t necessarily the wrong call for Kelly to call those timeouts, but it sure did have the wrong result. The Eagles have played an ugly first half of football, and the Falcons are rolling.

Sep 14, 2015 8:45 PM
Well I know its still early but when you get rid of pro bowl talented people like LeSean McCoy, Evan Mathis, Jeremy Maclin, and DeSean Jackson eventually its gonna come back and bite you no matter what system you have. Plus the Eagles haven’t impressed since going 9-3 last year and it looks like teams have figured Chip Kellys offense out.

39 10
wallabear says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:46 PM
Dan Quinn’s new-look Falcons look fresh and new. Matt Ryan is on my Top 10 QB list for a reason. Interesting to see if Bradford lasts beyond Game Six: if you’re afraid to get tackled, then you don’t belong playing QB in the NFL.

12 11
canetic says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:47 PM
I look forward to him coaching the Miami Hurricanes next year.

26 5
jaylaw344 says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:48 PM
I COULD NOT understand why almost every sportswriter picked the beagles to go deep in the playoffs this year. Chip Kelly will be coaching special teams at Bloomsburg university (D2) this time next year.

29 8
ctiggs says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:49 PM
BUSTFORD sucks

18 13
thefootballgodssay says:
2015 preseason NFL champs your PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

37 6
bullseye717 says:
The St. Louis trade curse is real!

16 5
iamdinguskhan says:
Now you see why your ” genius ” has 0 championships at any level.

21 10
tjacks7 says:
So thirty minutes into the season and Chip Kelly looks like a complete moron.

31 6
liongator says:
It’s (insert your deity here) smiting Chip for cutting Tebow.
Bradford looks like someone that hasn’t played in two years.

15 7
i, flounder says:
how can two people that work in professional athletics be so fat? gross.

9 10
abninf says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:50 PM
The Eagles look like they have a college offense. Oh wait, they do.

26 5
rams1999 says:
Great running game there.

16 2
skinsfan2 says:
All the “experts” who had the Eagles contending for the SB based on about 15 Bradford preseason passes are looking pretty silly right now. Not that that’s a surprise.

Sure, it’s only the first half of the first game so plenty of time for Philly to have a successful season. But I, for one, had major doubts all Kelly’s offseason roster changes were going to be a net-positive. And nothing I’ve seen so far changes that opinion. I’ve never seen a Kelly Eagles team look so utterly lost.

18 4
PFTneedsToBringCommentSystemToThe21stCentury says:
Chip Kelly is a pretty good college coach.

21 3
brenenostler says:
I don’t know if this game is more about the Eagles struggling or the Falcons just playing lights-out defense

7 4
elmerbrownelmerbrown says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:51 PM

11 6
coltzfan166 says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:52 PM
My favorite part was when Jon Gruden said we need to stop paying attention to preseason cause it means absolutely nothing

22 3
chc4 says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:53 PM
Falcons look really, really good. Vic Beasley is the real deal.

8 5
peytonwantsaflag says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:53 PM
Eagles, Colts, steelers all ordained by the experts to go deep….

HA

22 3
whenwilliteverend says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:56 PM
If this is Chip’s master plan for the Eagles, he better hope Oregon will hire him back because he’ll be needing a job at the end of the season…if not sooner. Hard to see them winning very many games with the pathetic display in the first half. Some observations…

Does the hurry-up offense mean hurry up and punt the ball back?
Does the Eagles defense have any plans to attempt to slow down the Falcons from scoring one hundred points this game?
Did they spend all that money on DeMarco Murray so he can dodge Faclons defensive linemen four yards deep in the backfield?
Does Philadelphia’s offensive linemen realize you’re supposed to block those guys in red shirts right in front of you?
I thought the Raiders played yesterday…it’s kinda hard to tell. The uniforms do look different but they sure play like the Raiders or the Jags.

12 2
elmerbrownelmerbrown says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:56 PM
Nineteen Sixty

4 4
dvdvdvdvdvdv says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:58 PM
just hate that McCoy will be mouthing off soon, if not already &#1 28550;

16 1
pervyspankspackfans says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:03 PM
Told everyone he was Chimp Kelly…they suck

5 5
cboys4life2014 says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:04 PM
After watching Demarco in the first half I couldn’t help but remember how Eagle fans were saying prior to the start of the season that Lesean McCoy led the league last year in runs for losses. Much like the rushing title Demarco seems determined to outdo McCoy for that too.

4 2
jredshoes says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:09 PM
Chiefs won yesterday with the former Eagles coach and the former Eagles #1 receiver. Think the Bills won too as a matter of fact. Enjoy Chip the genius while your previous roster is at the other 31 teams. Thanks

6 4
whenwilliteverend says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:11 PM
DeMarco probably wishes he had stayed in Dallas. When he finally rips off a long run, they get called for holding again.

3 4
dirtydrynn27 says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:12 PM
But I thought you guys said that Chip Kellys offense was going to be good??? See what happens when you let all of your playmakers go…….

Shady, D-Jax,Maclin…..Really!!!!Bradford stays hurt more than RGIII,He wont finish the season!!!!

4 4
whenwilliteverend says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:14 PM
Maybe the Eagles are trying to lead the league in penalties?

6 2
abninf says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:16 PM
Demarco has 6 yards rushing so far. That’s pretty good.

6 1
professorpigskin46 says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:19 PM
Atlanta had the 32nd ranked defense last season. If Chip’s struggling against these bums it doesn’t bode well for the rest of his season…

3 2
doctorpancake says:
Falcons will find a way to lose this game

5 2
whenwilliteverend says:
I’m surprised the refs didn’t throw a penalty on Sproles for being tackled.

7 1
whenwilliteverend says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:22 PM
I have to admit. That drive was pretty impressive. Four offensive penalties on that drive and they still scored. I find it hard to believe the refs didn’t make up some call that would have stopped them from scoring.

6 1
vancouversportsbro says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:22 PM
These comment are hilarious,

3 1
jvw1982 says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:24 PM
Bradford looks like a 12 yr old with no muscle mass no wonder he’s spends more time with the trainers instead of on the field….but he’s kicking butt in the 2nd half

1 2
justafan2014 says:
It’s a little to soon to be making these alcohol seemly inspired statements..

5 0
dansardo says:
You have to take the first couple of games for every team with a grain of salt good or bad but neither of these teams would inspire fear in me if I was an opponent in either’s division

0 3
whlskey says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:34 PM
I will absolutely agree the Eagles came out flat in the first half and Dan Quinn & his Falcons had a great game plan both offensively & defensively to start this game with, but there’s no denying the fact that The Legend of Kiko Alonso is real.

4 0
seansull83 says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:41 PM
Man Bradford looked bad, and Foles played well against a fairly stout defense yesterday in a Pro Football Offense. Who woulda thought.

0 1
nfceastisbeast says:
Sep 14, 2015 9:44 PM
Chiefs won yesterday with the former Eagles coach and the former Eagles #1 receiver. Think the Bills won too as a matter of fact. Enjoy Chip the genius while your previous roster is at the other 31 teams. Thanks

Advertisement
Chip was just given full control by jeff lurie in Philadelphia. the only way he's available is if he leaves on his own and that's not happening. 0% chance he gets fired this season

Advertisement
Hahaha hold on hahahaaaaa

People think we might get Chip Kelly. We can't afford him and can't afford to pay the assistants he would want. And no we are not getting Butch either.

We will get a young up n comer. Hopefully someone who is high energy and can coach.

Seriously doubt he would want to move to Bloomsburg. Not enough night life for anyone on this message board.

26 5
jaylaw344 says:
Sep 14, 2015 8:48 PM
I COULD NOT understand why almost every sportswriter picked the beagles to go deep in the playoffs this year. Chip Kelly will be coaching special teams at Bloomsburg university (D2) this time next year.

Most of those comments about the Eagles and Chip Kelly rank among the stupidest things I have ever read.

Advertisement
Pretty good chance he gets fired this year. Our only hope is that he sees Miami as a place where he can 'turn it around' really quickly, has us near the top in 2/3 years and bolts again for the NFL

Advertisement
Hahaha hold on hahahaaaaa

People think we might get Chip Kelly. We can't afford him and can't afford to pay the assistants he would want. And no we are not getting Butch either.

We will get a young up n comer. Hopefully someone who is high energy and can coach.

attachment.php

Advertisement
Back