Chip Kelly to USC?

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
Advertisement
I'm sure Miami will/has reach out to him but they seem to be doing a good job of keeping things quiet from the media right now. Which is really annoying.

Would be interesting to see if Chip brings a pro style closer to what he does with Eagles or goes back to the Oregon way at a school like USCw as they are known for their prostyle offense

Advertisement
I'm sorry...but given the fact that LSU (and subsequently FSU) will be standing pat at head coach it presents a situation where there won't be as much competition for Kelly as there could have been.

It would be irresponsible, incompetent, and lazy to hire one of the names that have been floating around for a while now without waiting to see what happens with Kelly and making sure he does/doesn't have interest in us.

Kelly would kill it here. Period. Shoot yourself in the face and stop posting if you feel otherwise.

I'm sure Miami will/has reach out to him but they seem to be doing a good job of keeping things quiet from the media right now. Which is really annoying.

Signs of a synchronized administration.

I noticed that very same thing about the Knicks organization during draft time. Usually whoever the Knicks like with their pick is back page of the Post. This year they were extremely low key. They usually posted the interviews of prospects after they worked out and even that didn't happen this year.

It's a very good thing that outside knowledge of the search is minimal at best and I love the fact that they haven't jumped on Butch yet, especially seeing as Butch will be there at the end of the day. Should Chip get trashed for a third consecutive week in New England (this is likely), there could be another guy on the block to go along with all those college coaches who finish their seasons next Saturday (Herman, etc).

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Phil Knight dynamic potentially involved here is interesting. Really haven't heard it discussed as an issue in Chip going to USC by the national media at all.

Kelly to USC would be maddening. Guy should be coaching here, but we are too busy interviewing 65 year old TV guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back