Chill

defense played well despite the circumstances. If Tyler do not get his head out his dookie this season can and will turn quick

Advertisement
Yes it was a historically (HISTORICALLY) bad coaching blunder.

Yes, I also posted on the gameday board they should have taken a knee on the second to last offensive play before the catastrophe happened the next play (non-fumble fumble fiasco).

It is impossible that nobody on the sideline knew the math in that moment… I’m guessing the call was to get Chaney his 100 yard game. On the (maybe) positive side, Dawson ain’t getting a P5 HC job next year unless we win the natty after tonight.

So chill… at least for now.

The UNC game is now the defining game of Mario’s career (and - while I usually stay away from hyperbole - possibly the future of Miami football).

This may break the team, but it also my bond them… we’ll know in 7 days.

For now… Vent. Yell. Scream. Kick your wall. Punch the couch. Try not to break the TV or any windows.

But it’s not time to fire anybody or resign your fan status.

It may be time for that next Saturday (we’ll see)… but not today.

Go Canes!
Can’t lose 2 this year. It’s over. Bad losses stick with this program for many weeks.

Can’t lose 2 this year. It’s over. Bad losses stick with this program for many weeks.

I agree.

UNC is the season. I don’t see the team surviving a loss next week (if they do manage to stay together and survive this one and come to play next week).

I will say I’m more concerned after watching Mario’s presser than before I watched it. Even with that being the case, the players still have a chance to step up and unleash the inferno on Chapel Hill nest week. I do think our coordinators give us a chance to win every game (even though Dawson also partly owns this Charlie Foxtrot).

Yes, I also posted on the gameday board they should have taken a knee on the second to last offensive play before the catastrophe happened the next play (non-fumble fumble fiasco).

It is impossible that nobody on the sideline knew the math in that moment… I’m guessing the call was to get Chaney his 100 yard game. On the (maybe) positive side, Dawson ain’t getting a P5 HC job next year unless we win the natty after tonight.

The UNC game is now the defining game of Mario’s career (and - while I usually stay away from hyperbole - possibly the future of Miami football).

For now… Vent. Yell. Scream. Kick your wall. Punch the couch. Try not to break the TV or any windows.

Go Canes!

You're a good poster, but this was a loss of epic proportions, and I don't think people want to think about UNC right now.

Advertisement
You're a good poster, but this was a loss of epic proportions, and I don't think people want to think about UNC right now.

Fair just trying to toss a little perspective out there because I honestly didn’t expect us to look as good as we’ve looked the first four games.

This was epic bad, and Mario’s presser doesn’t answer ANY questions (frankly makes things worse not better)… but if the team doesn’t quit there’s still a lot of season and opportunity left.

The fact that our next game is UNC just gives us the final answer sooner rather than later.

Guess some of you weren’t around when the Canes won in the last second at WVU. WVU had the game won & tried to punt out of their own end zone; Canes blocked it for a TD to win. **** happens. I’ve seen it all over the years and the team will come back strong next week.

Advertisement
Guess some of you weren’t around when the Canes won in the last second at WVU. WVU had the game won & tried to punt out of their own end zone; Canes blocked it for a TD to win. **** happens. I’ve seen it all over the years and the team will come back strong next week.
The thing is they HAD to punt it or run a play. Mario didn’t 🤦🏽

The “Miami hangover” after a loss and what looked like a few key injuries do not bode well for the next few weeks.
It’s hard for me not to anticipate a four game losing streak.

Fair just trying to toss a little perspective out there because I honestly didn’t expect us to look as good as we’ve looked the first four games.

This was epic bad, and Mario’s presser doesn’t answer ANY questions (frankly makes things worse not better)… but if the team doesn’t quit there’s still a lot of season and opportunity left.

The fact that our next game is UNC just gives us the final answer sooner rather than later.
We can be the new MTS this season if we choose and embarrass by losing to us .

What really lurks is FSU this right here is what is to be a bludgeon like no other before. Playing a team positioning for NC on the road.

This loss will trigger DE- COMMITMENTS .

UNC forget this loss , FSU is what lurks

I agree with alot of what you are saying. I choose to believe that the culture in the locker room IS different and while they are all devastated tonight, they will pick themselves up and rally for UNC.

Just a few short weeks ago the hope was to go into Chapel Hill 4-1, assuming the one loss would be to A&M. As for the remaining three "tough" games -UNC, Clemson and FSU - the "hope" was to take two of the three. And I think the majority of fans realized there would likely be a loss that was just unexplainable. (i personally thought it would be Louisville) Beating A&M recalibrated those hopes and maybe unrealistically had the fan base forgetting this team is still a work in progress.

So now they go to UNC with the 4-1 record but the loss to a team they were expected to beat. There are no excuses; the offense was awful last night - thankfully the defense did enough to help put the Canes in a position to win. Other than the last two plays of the game, they did their part.
There were mental lapses on both sides of the ball at various points of that game. They didn't need the coaching staff to have the biggest mental lapse when the game was all but in hand.

We'll see how strong the player leadership of this team is and what it does to pull it together this week. They still have plenty in front of them -they can beat UNC and keep themselves in the picture for the end of the season. It's a game by game season ....

Like some of you have mentioned, I had a bad feeling about this game from the start. Too much hype and attention on a game with a team that gives Miami trouble EVERY year...

I prefer to be the underdog...

And I HATE those black uniforms..... ban them forever.

Advertisement
We can be the new MTS this season if we choose and embarrass by losing to us .

What really lurks is FSU this right here is what is to be a bludgeon like no other before. Playing a team positioning for NC on the road.

This loss will trigger DE- COMMITMENTS .

UNC forget this loss , FSU is what lurks
YEA, just like last week when many on this board were talking about NC instead of GT and now we have morons talking about FSU! LOL you can’t make this stuff up. :stupid:

YEA, just like last week when many on this board were talking about NC instead of GT and now we have morons talking about FSU! LOL you can’t make this stuff up. :stupid:
All our seasons have always been about beating FSU and Turds when they wanted to play us .
We do this everything would fall into place , except one season we loss to Turds then ran the table to NC.
This was the exception in the days of rings.
Every game prior to FSU was preparing for this game.

This showing last night was a tremendous step back that was not expected to be this way but it happened.

Now the repercussion of what WE did every game now moving forward is going to 10 times as hard to play every opponents game is now been elevated to GTECH us , especially home field advantage.

I’m not sure if you all understand what I’m saying?

Throw in a NC Playoff team in FSU and raising there game even higher, I know we cannot it that level to even come close. Unless FSU gets the FLU and everyone is out.

I’m a realest and recognize the obvious.

This how bad this loss was to our CORE.

Go Canes!
Mario is who he is. Will lose a game he shouldn't and win a game he shouldn't. Winning against UNC is not going to change who he is.

Advertisement

I didn’t bother to watch the presser last night, but if the first words out of Mario’s mouth weren’t an apology and taking full responsibility for his mistake, he ain’t winning ****.

Advertisement
Back