Chigozie Nnoruka- Officially a Cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nnoruka says he’s maintaining the same weight as last season - between 295 and 300 pounds.

“I like that weight,” he said, adding that his max squat is over 600 pounds.

How long does he think it will take to fully understand the defensive playbook?

“The X’s and O’s I always got quickly so I won’t have any problem understanding the playbook,” he said.

There is some talent back at tackle, with guys like Jon Ford, Nesta Silvera and Jordan Miller making strides this spring and a returning starter in Pat Bethel.

So does Nnoruka expect to be the starter?

“I mean, I just feel like I’ll work hard and do what I have to do and I’ll be where I want,” Nnoruka said. “I believe in competition.”

Nnoruka says he will room with fellow transfers Jaelan Phillips and Trevon Hill.

“Jaelan is one of my best friends - we have a group chat, the three of us and (punter JUCO arrival Louis Hedley), are all excited to get down there. I can’t wait, honestly. It can’t come soon enough.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would love to see those kids just live in the weight room for a calendar year and come out as RS Freshmen monsters. Holley especially if he keeps his quickness and gains some grown man strength.

Edit: Put them on the Barry Bonds regiment.
Yeah all 3 of the freshman dts are what you want your dts to look like physically. Not much bad weight at all on either of them

Advertisement
We can have the luxury of redshirting all 3 incoming DTs if JMiller comes on strong in the Fall.

A rotation of: Ford, Silvera, Bethel, Nnoruka, and Miller should be more then enough.

Attachments

• tenor (2).gif
    tenor (2).gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Think Silvera and Bethel start with this dude and Ford second team and Miller and Blissett or Harrison-Hunte third team. We could definitely redshirt 2 of the 3 incoming freshmen maybe even all 3.

Advertisement
Back