Chickillo on Body Transformation from Miami to Pittsburgh

I hated Golden's verbal tick....every time a reporter asked about a player he would answer with their weight. It was an insight into his unsophisticated and inflexible approach. Guy was obsessed with size.

Advertisement
I'm sure Golden believed all the yarn he spun. The most damning aspect of Al Golden wasn't that his philosophy was completely wrong and that his strategy didn't fit the program at all, it's that he refused to make a single **** adjustment as a mountain of evidence piled up against him. Text book denial. It wasn't that his 3-4 defense or his plan to Rust-Belt every South Florida player were flawed, it was "the cloud," the players missing assignments, the crowd noise, the rain, the everything else...

How many careers did the former staff damage due to incompetence and bullheadedness? this one hurts a lot because of the family lineage here. we did him wrong.

Think about how many recruits we may have lost since as a result! How is a parent going to send someone to a school that would allow this?

It was criminal what Golden and company did the Chickillo and the program for that matter. Be a cheeseburger, man **** out of here with that nonsense.

The worst part about the whole Gorlden fiasco is that the suits at UM let it go on for so ******* long.

Complete disaster.

Dude is svelte now!

How about all the cumbag fake UM fans who **** on Chick while he was here claiming he was an overrated HS bust?

I'll admit I was one of the ones who didn't think he'd make it in NFL. But people like to take an opinion that a guy isn't great and turn it into some affirmation that you are the best canes fan in the world. He still hasn't done much in the NFL but I hope this is a springboard to being a consistent week in and week out contributor, which is again more than i expected.

Advertisement
Why....why are you miserable ******** still talking about Al Golden?

listen miserable *******, there was an interview with chick just the other day talking about weight and playing. It's fair to discuss it and whatever comes out of it. It's not like it was a spontaneous unprompted thread. Get off it now, wtf is your problem? So no one should talk about what Chick said and add commentary? LMAO

listen miserable *******, there was an interview with chick just the other day talking about weight and playing. It's fair to discuss it and whatever comes out of it. It's not like it was a spontaneous unprompted thread. Get off it now, wtf is your problem? So no one should talk about what Chick said and add commentary? LMAO

People can do whatever they wish, but I'm not going to sit here and abide the 50th article about Chick and his weight loss.

Seriously do a search for Chickillo..Golden..weight..Steelers. People have been talking about this since Chick arrived in Pittsburgh. We get it.

The worst part about the whole Gorlden fiasco is that the suits at UM let it go on for so ******* long.

Complete disaster.

Dude is svelte now!

How about all the cumbag fake UM fans who **** on Chick while he was here claiming he was an overrated HS bust?

I'll admit I was one of the ones who didn't think he'd make it in NFL. But people like to take an opinion that a guy isn't great and turn it into some affirmation that you are the best canes fan in the world. He still hasn't done much in the NFL but I hope this is a springboard to being a consistent week in and week out contributor, which is again more than i expected.

Too many goofballs obsessed with the NFL as the only barometer of whether a player was misused here. If you've got a shred of common sense and football knowledge you would have known long ago that it was a horrific idea to take a tenacious, athletic 5 star edge rusher, who was relentless and effective at sacking the QB, and stick a gravy tube down his throat in a misguided attempt to give him Prader Willi Syndrome.

Advertisement
Chickillo is not very athletic and won't be a full time starter for them. If he does start he'll always be the guy they are trying to replace in the next draft.

Obviously the weight transformation is great for Chickillo. He would not have been a college star at any weight.

Sorry, I'm not a simpleton Happy Adjuster or someone who is going to panic to fit in with the laughably pathetic and insecure SAM crowd who hang out in this forum since it offers back slapping security for people who need it most.

You are what you are. The further you detour from that truism, the greater your burden long term, and the less you can be taken seriously. Happy Adjusters take everything to the extreme and beyond. Self defined.

Chickillo may have fallen on a blocked punt that someone else caused but his Pro Football Focus grade in that game was dreadful, nearing the absolute worst in the league for his position.

Chickillo is not very athletic and won't be a full time starter for them. If he does start he'll always be the guy they are trying to replace in the next draft.

Obviously the weight transformation is great for Chickillo. He would not have been a college star at any weight.

Sorry, I'm not a simpleton Happy Adjuster or someone who is going to panic to fit in with the laughably pathetic and insecure SAM crowd who hang out in this forum since it offers back slapping security for people who need it most.

You are what you are. The further you detour from that truism, the greater your burden long term, and the less you can be taken seriously. Happy Adjusters take everything to the extreme and beyond. Self defined.

Chickillo may have fallen on a blocked punt that someone else caused but his Pro Football Focus grade in that game was dreadful, nearing the absolute worst in the league for his position.

Shut the fvck up you ******* ***aloon.

Chick would make you his concubine in about 30 seconds if he wanted to.

How many careers did the former staff damage due to incompetence and bullheadedness? this one hurts a lot because of the family lineage here. we did him wrong.

A lot...Feliciano, Hurns, Denzel had to cut weight, Chick obviously, Tracy(who the jags moved to safety apparently), Brandon Linder, Clive lost weight, Ladarius Gunter...that's all from the top of my head...I'm sure there's more.

Allen Hurns is the All-Time single season UM record holder for yards in a season. He had an outstanding Sr. season. His combine numbers were sub-par and that's why he was naively over looked.

His performance in the NFL comes as no shock to anyone here. Golden's system on strength/conditioning/weight gain philosophy hurt many players, just don't think Hurns is a good example.

A lot...Feliciano, Hurns, Denzel had to cut weight, Chick obviously, Tracy(who the jags moved to safety apparently), Brandon Linder, Clive lost weight, Ladarius Gunter...that's all from the top of my head...I'm sure there's more.

Allen Hurns is the All-Time single season UM record holder for yards in a season. He had an outstanding Sr. season. His combine numbers were sub-par and that's why he was naively over looked.

His performance in the NFL comes as no shock to anyone here. Golden's system on strength/conditioning/weight gain philosophy hurt many players, just don't think Hurns is a good example.

So you're saying Al Golden used him correctly? Golden put him in the best situation for him to use his ability so he could dazzle everyone with what he did in Jacksonville

P.S: Receivers are usually pretty easy to scout and you could usually tell if someone is good or not. Usually WR's who are overlooked usually went to a small school or were misused.

Last edited:
Advertisement

So you're saying Al Golden used him correctly? Golden put him in the best situation for him to use his ability so he could dazzle everyone with what he did in Jacksonville

P.S: Receivers are usually pretty easy to scout and you could usually tell if someone is good or not. Usually WR's who are overlooked usually went to a small school or were misused.

I'm saying he produced more than any other receiver in the history of the program (in a single season), so I think it's hard to say he was "misused".

Could Golden's strength/conditioning program have hurt his combine numbers, hence hurting his draft stock? Sure. The 32 teams that refused to draft him are the dumb ones here. People put too much stock in combine/camp numbers at the wide receiver position, over production.

P.S. not a defense of Golden, just pointing out I think Hurns is a bad example.

Last edited:

You sure you aren't a simpleton? PFF ranking aside, your years of scouting players tells you that at a lower weight he wouldn't have been a "star" at UM? Also, calling an NFL player unathletic, really....poor job. Your usual condescension is often at least rational. This comes across as spiteful.

Last edited:
Chick is a minimum wage Special teams player. Not ready to crown his *** just yet.

And Golden did do some good things getting our line on track. We did not even have a training table. Now I was glad they moved on from Golden eventually but let's not pretend he did nothing for the program in our darkest time. Nobody but the Pirate wanted the job at that time.

Advertisement
At least Chickillo overcame the Golden debacle no worse for wear besides the money he lost from sliding in the draft. Ereck Flowers still hasn't recovered from the bad coaching and diet he received. Poor kid has become the posterboy for bad technique in the NFL as OL gurus make their case for how OL coaching/development is at an all-time low.

Chick is a minimum wage Special teams player. Not ready to crown his *** just yet.

And Golden did do some good things getting our line on track. We did not even have a training table. Now I was glad they moved on from Golden eventually but let's not pretend he did nothing for the program in our darkest time. Nobody but the Pirate wanted the job at that time.

No he's not...the guy is a integral part of their rotation and started 7 games for them last year.

Let's see...

Wrong, wrong and WRONG!

At least Chickillo overcame the Golden debacle no worse for wear besides the money he lost from sliding in the draft. Ereck Flowers still hasn't recovered from the bad coaching and diet he received. Poor kid has become the posterboy for bad technique in the NFL as OL gurus make their case for how OL coaching/development is at an all-time low.

He has a guru as an OL coach though.....I think his case is just pure laziness and he's surviving off talent

Advertisement
Back