Chick With A Nice NFL Career

No, he is worth what he is getting paid. The second contract tells the truth... situational / rotational player as plainly stated above. non-starter and bullchit NFL numbers. that's the truth. goldie locks dont even deserved getting knocked for this one. the kid got lucky.

He would have been drafted higher had he played his natural position at his correct weight.

Therefore he would’ve had a higher rookie contract. Nobody is arguing his second contract, genius.

Advertisement
I'm saddened by this. Not for Jon but for Mama Feliciano. I thought she was the perfect fit for the Raiders fanbase. Although she might adapt well to the Buffalo tailgating scene. We miss her at our tailgates. She never turned down a Jager shot....or 10.

Yeah she's...umm...fun.

They have family in NY though. I'm sure they're looking forward to the change.

No, he is worth what he is getting paid. The second contract tells the truth... situational / rotational player as plainly stated above. non-starter and bullchit NFL numbers. that's the truth. goldie locks dont even deserved getting knocked for this one. the kid got lucky.

I disagree , making an NFL team especially Steelers where the fans a very tough and to be accepted by this organization an teamates as a whole is enough to get a million dollars plus raise is impressive for a kid that brought nothing but heart and the fire that burns in it.

I see no reason why Chick won't play in NFL for 5 years and would NOT be surprised if his whole career is with the Steelers whom he loves., key word here is love.

Wish him the best in playing in the NFL.

GOCANES

But we’re not at the arguing what his NFL production would be, we are discussing draft status.

It’s foolish to think he would not have tested higher had he been playing at his ideal weight and been in the type of shape that you get over years of being at your ideal weight and shape. He had to lose a bunch of weight and change his body between December and March. That’s basically three months.

Why are you even making the argument - there is no doubt he would’ve tested better and been drafted higher. None.
My point is, has Chickillo not produced at a 1-4 rd grade, no. His draft combine weight was 265. His playing weight now is 255. So that is a 10 lb diff gonna. He ran a 4.8. You think that 10 lb diff gonna make his time more respectable? That’s not how it works. He’s just not that athletic. Even in the NFL he’s producing at his max.

If your argument is his numbers at Miami in Diaz type scheme would be diff, I already agreed to that. But his draft stock and nfl production would have been the same. But he is exactly the player his draft position slotted him.

Advertisement
My point is, has Chickillo not produced at a 1-4 rd grade, no. His draft combine weight was 265. His playing weight now is 255. So that is a 10 lb diff gonna. He ran a 4.8. You think that 10 lb diff gonna make his time more respectable? That’s not how it works. He’s just not that athletic. Even in the NFL he’s producing at his max.

If your argument is his numbers at Miami in Diaz type scheme would be diff, I already agreed to that. But his draft stock and nfl production would have been the same. But he is exactly the player his draft position slotted him.

Bro are you just being dense on purpose?

He probably lost somewhere between 30 to 40 pounds between December and March. You can’t tell me that he wouldn’t have graded out better had he had his right weight and physique even just his last senior year in college.

No, he went from a blob to losing 30+ pounds or more in a couple of months. Had he had time to adjust to the weight loss, trained properly, I guarantee you he would’ve run a faster 40. You’re just being incredibly stupid and argumentative just for the **** of it.

And you just agreed with my main premise with another poster.

3g came in ballin with o-yeah on the otherside, than after his freshmen year, the moron regime really started implementing their pathetic plan!

Advertisement
1000% agree even if he felt that you don't say it out loud

Yup. It's a slap in the face to the Cam Heyward types on that team or the entire o-line that actually act like adults.

Not to mention it makes Colbery look like an idiot for having constructed a team with ONE adult/leader (per his own verbiage).

Bro are you just being dense on purpose?

He probably lost somewhere between 30 to 40 pounds between December and March. You can’t tell me that he wouldn’t have graded out better had he had his right weight and physique even just his last senior year in college.

No, he went from a blob to losing 30+ pounds or more in a couple of months. Had he had time to adjust to the weight loss, trained properly, I guarantee you he would’ve run a faster 40. You’re just being incredibly stupid and argumentative just for the **** of it.

And you just agreed with my main premise with another poster.
1st that not my point lol. My point is the original poster said he lost millions do to how he was used at Miami. That’s dead wrong. He’s proven to be maxed out. So even with the world class training I’m sure he does now as a pro he’s still producing at a rotational NFL player. Why? He’s a tweener and not naturally explosive. His production in the league matched his production in college and his draft grade.

Remember chick declared as a DE prospect. But was seen as a tweener. Let’s say he did show up at the combine 6”3 255-260 (he was weighed in at 267) you think 10lbs turns him into a 4.55-4.65 cat. If you think that then your not clear on how adding speed works. The stronger you are the more speed you gain. That’s why athletes who have the natural frame and body typically get faster as they add muscle and maturity. But with chick he’s thick (pause), not naturally explosive. With chick he just smart, and plays with a lot of effort. He is not an explosive athlete by nfl standards.

He came out of Miami with a 5-6th round grade and he’s played in the league as 5th-6th round grade type player.

I knew that he was worth the 5 stars. He had Golden and No D effing him up.

Yup. It's a slap in the face to the Cam Heyward types on that team or the entire o-line that actually act like adults.

Not to mention it makes Colbery look like an idiot for having constructed a team with ONE adult/leader (per his own verbiage).
I'm a Ravens fan and I appreciate players like Heyward... goes to work and handles his business. No off the field or on the field distractions!

Advertisement
1st that not my point lol. My point is the original poster said he lost millions do to how he was used at Miami. That’s dead wrong. He’s proven to be maxed out. So even with the world class training I’m sure he does now as a pro he’s still producing at a rotational NFL player. Why? He’s a tweener and not naturally explosive. His production in the league matched his production in college and his draft grade.

Remember chick declared as a DE prospect. But was seen as a tweener. Let’s say he did show up at the combine 6”3 255-260 (he was weighed in at 267) you think 10lbs turns him into a 4.55-4.65 cat. If you think that then your not clear on how adding speed works. The stronger you are the more speed you gain. That’s why athletes who have the natural frame and body typically get faster as they add muscle and maturity. But with chick he’s thick (pause), not naturally explosive. With chick he just smart, and plays with a lot of effort. He is not an explosive athlete by nfl standards.

He came out of Miami with a 5-6th round grade and he’s played in the league as 5th-6th round grade type player.

You’re an idiot.

Chick plays at 255 his last 2 years at end, he has more sacks in college, spends December to March working on lower body strength, speed drills, and upper body as well, refines his running and cone drills, all without having to worry and depleting himself trying to lose 30-40 pounds of Gluten’s flab....he runs much faster at combines, tests better in all facets, gets drafted higher, makes more money.

You obviously have some agenda to knock him down - have at it. I’ve laid out a perfectly logical rationale that would have likely happened. I’ll repeat it again, you are a fūcking idiot intent on a totally irrational premise - that he doesn’t get drafted any higher had he been used properly in college. Completely stupid.

You are either a golden apologist, or one of those guys that used to slam him on the regular on this site. Coming back under new name of course.

Last edited:
Like I said, he would've been a good fit there but he also is in a good situation personally (the team's future is certainly uncertain). A) His role is going to be expanded and B) He's a favorite of Mike Tomlin.
Yes but on the Patriots he has a vastly higher chance of earning more money his next contract. Players who play for the Pats always sign huge contract after.

You’re an idiot.

Chick plays at 255 his last 2 years at end, he has more sacks in college, spends December to March working on lower body strength, speed drills, and upper body as well, refines his running and cone drills, all without having to worry and depleting himself trying to lose 30-40 pounds of Gluten’s flab....he runs much faster at combines, tests better in all facets, gets drafted higher, makes more money.

You obviously have some agenda to knock him down - have at it. I’ve laid out a perfectly logical rationale that would have likely happened. I’ll repeat it again, you are a fūcking idiot intent on a totally irrational premise - that he doesn’t get drafted any higher had he been used properly in college. Completely stupid.

You are either a golden apologist, or one of those guys that used to slam him on the regular on this site. Coming back under new name of course.

He's been in the league for how long now?

You'd think the way you're discussing him he would have put him some sort of stats already.

He's been out of college for a while so the Golden excuse is out the window, he's been receiving NFL coaching for many years now and is still a rotational/backup guy.

No shame in that, he'll be collecting solid paychecks

Advertisement

You'd think the way you're discussing him he would have put him some sort of stats already.

He's been out of college for a while so the Golden excuse is out the window, he's been receiving NFL coaching for many years now and is still a rotational/backup guy.

No shame in that, he'll be collecting solid paychecks

What he’s done in the league is irrelevant. I am talking about how he would’ve been drafted higher had he been used properly in college. That’s it. I’m not justifying nor grading his NFL career.

What’s so hard to understand about that.

He could have also blown his knee out after his first NFL play and never played another down. It’s completely irrelevant what he did in the NFL. I’m talking about his draft status a few years ago.

I think the only point in question is his DRAFT STATUS/STOCK while woefully out of position here due to not recruiting the DL properly.

You’re an idiot.

You are either a golden apologist, or onethis site. of those guys that used to slam him on the regular on Coming back under new name of course.

Its pretty much that. Alot of the guys didnt expect himt o make it through first cuts...and sicne he did that they have to move the goal post to somewhere else and wont let go.

Advertisement
Back