Chick With A Nice NFL Career

Advertisement
Let's see how many wins the Jets get over the next 2 years. Darnold you're on the clock

Cleveland has a two year window to win it all. Then gonna have to pay all those 2017 2016 guys next.. then Mayfield

if he was used correctly in college.......
If you thinking chick was a 1st-3rd talent then Your wrong. I get what your premise is tho. Golden n co had him beef up to much and too quick

. Chick has been in the league for what, 4 years now going into his 5th. He’s exactly what he is as a player. And he was still very solid here. But I think some act like he was a joe Jackson or Garvin type. I never saw that natural pass rush from him that those guys had. He was a effort, smart, solid player. Exactly what he has been in the league. Funny part is the Steelers drop him back in coverage sometimes. If he had ever dropped in coverage here ppl would’ve loss their minds...in 4 years as 3/4 OLB chick has 7 sacks total. He’s played to he late round draft status

Steelers ain't winning as long as ben has 51 kids to watch.

Most boneheaded thing I've heard Colbert ever say. If he thought he was doing Ben any favors by saying that then he's an idiot as it pretty much had the opposite effect.

If you thinking chick was a 1st-3rd talent then Your wrong. I get what your premise is tho. Golden n co had him beef up to much and too quick

. Chick has been in the league for what, 4 years now going into his 5th. He’s exactly what he is as a player. And he was still very solid here. But I think some act like he was a joe Jackson or Garvin type. I never saw that natural pass rush from him that those guys had. He was a effort, smart, solid player. Exactly what he has been in the league. Funny part is the Steelers drop him back in coverage sometimes. If he had ever dropped in coverage here ppl would’ve loss their minds...in 4 years as 3/4 OLB chick has 7 sacks total. He’s played to he late round draft status

Well he was drafted in the sixth round after playing obese and out of position in a horrific scheme.

So I could see him easily getting drafted in the third had he been used properly as an end, or end/LB hybrid. The guy even ran a 4.8 at the combine after having spent the prior four years as a tub of goo.

Had not Gluten and Dorito and turned him into a parade float, I could definitely see him being drafted in the higher rounds.

Advertisement
Well he was drafted in the sixth round after playing obese and out of position in a horrific scheme.

So I could see him easily getting drafted in the third had he been used properly as an end, or end/LB hybrid. The guy even ran a 4.8 at the combine after having spent the prior four years as a tub of goo.

Had not Gluten and Dorito and turned him into a parade float, I could definitely see him being drafted in the higher rounds.
4.8 is less than desirable for a 3/4 OLB. At Miami he had 14.5 sacks at Miami in 4 years, being like u said mid used. Which I agree. But in the league he’s played 5 years and had 7 sacks as a rotating playing. So he’s played to his 6th rd draft. He is not the athlete at OLB to warrant a 1-3 RD Grade. If used him at Miami in the role he is playing with Steelers, which fits him he still would be what he has become. Which is a solid rotational player who earned a 2nd contract.

4.8 is less than desirable for a 3/4 OLB. At Miami he had 14.5 sacks at Miami in 4 years, being like u said mid used. Which I agree. But in the league he’s played 5 years and had 7 sacks as a rotating playing. So he’s played to his 6th rd draft. He is not the athlete at OLB to warrant a 1-3 RD Grade. If used him at Miami in the role he is playing with Steelers, which fits him he still would be what he has become. Which is a solid rotational player who earned a 2nd contract.

Had he been used properly in Miami, and maintained himself in tiptop shape, which he would have, he would’ve run much better than a 4.8 - I give it about a 4.6.

You now have the benefit of hindsight when talking about his performance as an NFL player. That’s not what the NFL teams drafting would’ve been looking at obviously. They have no crystal ball on anybody.

How can you deny that he would have been drafted significantly higher than the sixth round had he been used properly at Miami and kept at a decent weight. You could almost guarantee he would’ve tested better at the combine, and run faster.

He would’ve been drafted higher, I don’t think there’s any doubt, the only question is if he been drafted around the third round. I think it’s a definite possibility, since he was a drafted in the sixth round as a parade float.

Where you one of those people that constantly shlt on Chick when he was here as a player?

Had he been used properly in Miami, and maintained himself in tiptop shape, which he would have, he would’ve run much better than a 4.8 - I give it about a 4.6.

You now have the benefit of hindsight when talking about his performance as an NFL player. That’s not what the NFL teams drafting would’ve been looking at obviously. They have no crystal ball on anybody.

How can you deny that he would have been drafted significantly higher than the sixth round had he been used properly at Miami and kept at a decent weight. You could almost guarantee he would’ve tested better at the combine, and run faster.

He would’ve been drafted higher, I don’t think there’s any doubt, the only question is if he been drafted around the third round. I think it’s a definite possibility, since he was a drafted in the sixth round as a parade float.

Where you one of those people that constantly shlt on Chick when he was here as a player?

I must concur OCCC , when Chick played he was over weight due to he was forced to play with his hand in the dirt. In my book it was a travesty and really held him back , finally breaking free Chick clawed his way to a tryout and Steelers saw through what Golden did and got a real first class team player that raises everyones play around him because they know he will give his all.

If a team ever wanted a player that if told to do something will run through a wall just for the opportunity to play the got one in Chick , now the Steelers did the right thing in giving him this raise and I know he's very thankful for it , if teams can get more Chick type players including the Dolphins who play with the attitude of LUCKY TO BE THERE all out effort they would also offer a nice raise to show appreciation and hopefully others on the team will copy Chicks type of game he brings every day.

Good for Chick hope he plays 3 more years to get his NFL pension, he's a good kid who fought against the odds and plays in the NFL.

GOCANES

Advertisement

How can definitely say he would’ve tested like that and been drafted higher?

And know I always thought chick was a solid player even tho he wasn’t getting sacks, he did his job and at top level. Your missing my point tho. If he was drafted in let’s say the 3rd or 2nd, I’d consider his production in 5 years underwhelming. Basically a bust. His production has been worthy of his 6 rd status

A sizable segment of Steelers fans are very salty right now at the front office/coaching staff. Not because the fans are siding with AB or LeVeon but because they think we got screwed in the return for Brown and that the situations were even allowed to get to maximum disfunction.

This was compounded by us being realllllly thin at LB right right now (Shazier's injury and no viable free agents). So we're probably forced in keeping a bum in Bud Dupree at over $9 mil on a 5th year option which has enraged the fanbase.

Some of this blanket rage has carried over in befuddlement as to why we resigned Chick- a guy that has only played in like 30% of defensive snaps.

I personally have zero issue with it as Chick is only a $2 mil cap hit next year, plays in like 80% of ST snaps and has played well in his previous LB rotations on D- something they're obviously going to expand.

At the end of the day, I'm also gonna side with Belichick wanting him over the ire of some ****ed off Yinzers that think we somehow should've been able to go out and get Kevin Greene or someone in free agency.

LOL, yizers.

Advertisement
Feliciano just signed with the Bills for 7.5/2 years as well. Projected to be the starting LG.

I'm saddened by this. Not for Jon but for Mama Feliciano. I thought she was the perfect fit for the Raiders fanbase. Although she might adapt well to the Buffalo tailgating scene. We miss her at our tailgates. She never turned down a Jager shot....or 10.

Chick looked just as dominant as Clowney in the Under Armour game. Hard to say for sure but he would have been more productive in the scheme we currently are playing in imo

How can definitely say he would’ve tested like that and been drafted higher?

And know I always thought chick was a solid player even tho he wasn’t getting sacks, he did his job and at top level. Your missing my point tho. If he was drafted in let’s say the 3rd or 2nd, I’d consider his production in 5 years underwhelming. Basically a bust. His production has been worthy of his 6 rd status

But we’re not at the arguing what his NFL production would be, we are discussing draft status.

It’s foolish to think he would not have tested higher had he been playing at his ideal weight and been in the type of shape that you get over years of being at your ideal weight and shape. He had to lose a bunch of weight and change his body between December and March. That’s basically three months.

Why are you even making the argument - there is no doubt he would’ve tested better and been drafted higher. None.

Advertisement
golden cost this guy a fortune, glad he can salvage some of those m's
No, he is worth what he is getting paid. The second contract tells the truth... situational / rotational player as plainly stated above. non-starter and bullchit NFL numbers. that's the truth. goldie locks dont even deserved getting knocked for this one. the kid got lucky.

I agree that we beefed him up tooo quick here no doubt..but how did that cost him a fortune? He’s a rotational 3/4 backer

Don’t know about a fortune but if hadn’t been “beefed” up and used correctly he probably would’ve had a better rookie contract.

Not going to the Patriots was honestly stupid af.

Like I said, he would've been a good fit there but he also is in a good situation personally (the team's future is certainly uncertain). A) His role is going to be expanded and B) He's a favorite of Mike Tomlin.

Advertisement
Back