Chick Hates Golden

When Swasey is let go and he will be, he won't find another job at a D1 school. I won't say who from, but our S&C program is laughed at by other schools. He is the weakest link and coaches used to know when we put up the four fingers we had the juice to last until the end. That hasn't been the case, it wasn't just Golden fattening players up, but times have changed while Swasey hasn't.

Yes,but isn't all on him as other things need to change. Diets, amount of help the next S&C coach has, etc.

It's time for a change and I hope you are right.

And disagree with anyone saying the S&C is overrated, they are very important. They spend the most time of anyone throughout the year with the players.

Advertisement
Everybody loves to hate on Swasey but nobody here knows what he does. You base your opinions off of what you see on the field, which can be completely misleading. A team that lacks talent and/or coaching will look weak at times. You guys actually think Miami was the stronger team on the field when we used to beat up on Nebraska back in the day? LOL (no)

We've had players at Miami that measure/test extremely well. Swasey seemed to work for those guys. Are you saying there's an S&C coach in the country who could actually have AQM looking better than he already does? I've seen our players up close and personnel...shirtless (no warchant)...and our kids look the part. (minus the O-line, they currently look terrible)

A lot of our poor physiques and poor measureables can be attributed to recruiting. I don't give a **** who your S&C coach is, Terry McCray ain't never gonna test well. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T RECRUIT KIDS LIKE THAT!!!! You look at the big time athletes that we recruited and those are the guys that test well.

Miami was never the strongest team in the country, we were the fastest and most explosive. We had guys with fast forties and high verticals. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jon Vilma, Sean Taylor, Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, etc...were not weight room warriors. Trent Richardson was however. Would you take him over Frank Gore?

I bet you can't show me single monster in the country that wasn't already a monster before he met his S&C coach.

I'll guarantee you that our S&C numbers will not improve at all under Richt, we'll just look more conditioned cause he'll recruit better athletes and we'll play faster.

Golden was out there recruiting LB's that bench 265 and CB's that run 4.6's and yall expect Swasey to turn us into a strong and fast team? LOL

courtney upshaw, tim williams, brian cushing. there's probably a few more i can find if i tried. some programs have a lot of steroid use and then you have to remember we're talking about high school kids. yes, while some are physically matured, there are many who are not done growing so you can't only look at if they were a super monster athlete in HS. you don't have to be a physical freak to have leaner muscle. our guys that made weight gains always looked doughy and didn't appear to handle the weight increase well. perryman, chickillo, and even crowd favorite to hate dallas crawford all looked much slower and doughy after going through our S&C program.

Last edited:
Everybody loves to hate on Swasey but nobody here knows what he does. You base your opinions off of what you see on the field, which can be completely misleading. A team that lacks talent and/or coaching will look weak at times. You guys actually think Miami was the stronger team on the field when we used to beat up on Nebraska back in the day? LOL (no)

We've had players at Miami that measure/test extremely well. Swasey seemed to work for those guys. Are you saying there's an S&C coach in the country who could actually have AQM looking better than he already does? I've seen our players up close and personnel...shirtless (no warchant)...and our kids look the part. (minus the O-line, they currently look terrible)

A lot of our poor physiques and poor measureables can be attributed to recruiting. I don't give a **** who your S&C coach is, Terry McCray ain't never gonna test well. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T RECRUIT KIDS LIKE THAT!!!! You look at the big time athletes that we recruited and those are the guys that test well.

Miami was never the strongest team in the country, we were the fastest and most explosive. We had guys with fast forties and high verticals. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jon Vilma, Sean Taylor, Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, etc...were not weight room warriors. Trent Richardson was however. Would you take him over Frank Gore?

I bet you can't show me single monster in the country that wasn't already a monster before he met his S&C coach.

I'll guarantee you that our S&C numbers will not improve at all under Richt, we'll just look more conditioned cause he'll recruit better athletes and we'll play faster.

Golden was out there recruiting LB's that bench 265 and CB's that run 4.6's and yall expect Swasey to turn us into a strong and fast team? LOL

courtney upshaw, tim williams, brian cushing. there's probably a few more i can find if i tried. some programs have a lot of steroid use and then you have to remember we're talking about high school kids. yes, while some are physically matured, there are many who are not done growing so you can't only look at if they were a super monster athlete in HS. you don't have to be a physical freak to have leaner muscle. our guys that made weight gains always looked doughy and didn't appear to handle the weight increase well. perryman, chickillo, and even crowd favorite to hate dallas crawford all looked much slower and doughy after going through our S&C program.

Perryman and Chickillo were asked to gain a bunch of weight. AQM isn't doughy. Armbrister was shredded out of his mind. Bush and Burns aren't doughy. Kirby isn't doughy.

Some of the players that went to the NFL from Shannon's regime were among the top performers at the NFL combine when they came out. They lifted well, jumped high and ran fast.

When Swasey is let go and he will be, he won't find another job at a D1 school. I won't say who from, but our S&C program is laughed at by other schools. He is the weakest link and coaches used to know when we put up the four fingers we had the juice to last until the end. That hasn't been the case, it wasn't just Golden fattening players up, but times have changed while Swasey hasn't.

Yes,but isn't all on him as other things need to change. Diets, amount of help the next S&C coach has, etc.

It's time for a change and I hope you are right.

And disagree with anyone saying the S&C is overrated, they are very important. They spend the most time of anyone throughout the year with the players.

Really? You think they are that important? Joe Schmo who goes to the local gym has the same access to information to develop whatever type of weight program there is. All the S&C coaches really do is implement whatever the **** the coach wants and make sure the players follow the routines/nutrition needed to get there. Just like you see people at the gym with a personal trainer, u can get that information on your own and do it by yourself if you wanted to, the trainer is just there to encourage you and make sure you follow what you have to do.

They have no effect on what happens on Saturdays, you are giving them way too much credit. They are more like weight-room/nutrition babysitters. Of course I am exagerating a little bit (not much) but you get the point.

And funny how people on a message board think their opinion is more valid than NFL pros (some who have no connection to UM or Miami whatsoever) who come down to train with Swasey. When have you ever heard someone say something negative about Swasey unless it was some couch potato fan on a message board or twitter?

Last edited:

Perryman and Chickillo were asked to gain a bunch of weight. AQM isn't doughy. Armbrister was shredded out of his mind. Bush and Burns aren't doughy. Kirby isn't doughy.

Some of the players that went to the NFL from Shannon's regime were among the top performers at the NFL combine when they came out. They lifted well, jumped high and ran fast.

i disagree. man of those guys you mentioned would be shredded if they played for fsu or bama. our S&C program has left a lot to be desired the past decade. doesn't matter what type of recruits we have. they gas out easily and often look outmatched by nobodies from the virginias, wake forest, and boston colleges of the world. and as far as that NFL combine bs, that's after they tried with an actual trainer. many of our guys looked like completely different people when they showed up for the combine and proday. i mean chickillo looked like chickillos shredded little brother by the time the combine came around. thruston made big improvements post college too. don't even get me started with the freak of nature that olivier vernon looks like in the NFL compared to when he was in college in college. and aqm is a horrible example. the guy is a gym rat and made most of his strides muscle growth wise while suspended.

Advertisement

i disagree. man of those guys you mentioned would be shredded if they played for fsu or bama. our S&C program has left a lot to be desired the past decade. doesn't matter what type of recruits we have. they gas out easily and often look outmatched by nobodies from the virginias, wake forest, and boston colleges of the world. and as far as that NFL combine bs, that's after they tried with an actual trainer. many of our guys looked like completely different people when they showed up for the combine and proday. i mean chickillo looked like chickillos shredded little brother by the time the combine came around. thruston made big improvements post college too. don't even get me started with the freak of nature that olivier vernon looks like in the NFL compared to when he was in college in college. and aqm is a horrible example. the guy is a gym rat and made most of his strides muscle growth wise while suspended.

No sht. No offense, but if you know basic knowledge about weight lifting you would know it is easier to gain muscle mass when you are not constantly expending energy on the football field. The more calories you are burning the harder it is to put on muscle mass.

No sht. No offense, but if you know basic knowledge about weight lifting you would know it is easier to gain muscle mass when you are not constantly expending energy on the football field. The more calories you are burning the harder it is to put on muscle mass.

i think you are missing the point i was making overall. that i don't give swasey credit for aqm's physical development.

i think you are missing the point i was making overall. that i don't give swasey credit for aqm's physical development.

Whats your point? There are people at the local gym without a trainer or coach that are getting just as big/ripped and even more so than aqm. Read my post before yours, you are giving too much credit/blame to the SC coach. Im not saying give him all the credit but dont make it seem like he is not doing his job. If he wanted to, Swasey could make him even bigger or help him trim down (thats not his call). Most of this is common knowledge, its not rocket science. He is just there to encourage them and make sure they follow what they are supposed to do.

And by the way, u think aqm wasnt consulting with swasey while he was suspended? this is division1 college football, most likely he laid out the plan for aqm and aqm put in the work in the gym.

Last edited:
Deez Nuts is another guy who thinks the S&C coach just needs to be some slapdick Planet Fitness guy, which is why he supports Swasey bc thats all Swasey is.

"Bro all the lifts are the same bro"......

Advertisement
You say that like he is the head coach or something. He is a fkin S&C coach, he is not out there calling plays or designing schemes and game plans lmao. the results on the field have little to do with the gotdam SC coach.

Everybody that has trained/played under Swasey loves the guy. Pros come to train with him. Only people who complain about him are on message boards and twitter.

my friend loves him says he did what golden wanted.
So is Tommy Moffitt an elite S&C coach because he does what Les Miles tells him to do? Swasey needs to go.

Moffitt hasn't been able to keep LSU from putting up very poor results the last couple years.

Message board dudes overrate the SC coach. They all look at the same programs and know the same stuff these days. The HC tells them what he wants, and they do it.

Remember Folden's obsession with weight numbers and his desire to bloat everyone up to fit his plodding defense? Swaysey didn't make Folden think that way.

I've got no problem if Richt fires Swaysey. I think there is some benefit to cleaning house and getting the stench of losing out of here. But I'm also sure Swaysey could implement whatever Richt tells him to do.

Agree with everything you said here. I don't see Swasey calling plays where the offensive lines pulls out to whiff on blocks that are short yardage situation. We've gotten so creative that on passing plays we have Mcdermott pulling out to whiff on blocks, where Kaaya almost got killed. The only difference will be if a S&C coach encourages some good juice to the players.

This isn't a problem that started with Golden. It started back in the Coker days.

What part of THREE failed regimes do you not understand?

Deez Nuts is another guy who thinks the S&C coach just needs to be some slapdick Planet Fitness guy, which is why he supports Swasey bc thats all Swasey is.

"Bro all the lifts are the same bro"......

Your an idiot, weight lifting and nutrition is not rocket science. Even less today with all the information available. Maybe your a couch potato that has never seen the inside of the gym in your life, but a SC coach main job is guidance and motivation.

lmao srsly, you think there is some secret information that only the good SC coaches know about? you think they are at a lab studying muscle molecules or something?

Last edited:
Like most here I don't know how much, if any blame should be on Swasey.

He was S&C coach during one of our greatest runs ever from 2000-03.

I think more has to do with a decline in talent of the players we have recruited compared to those times. We have had more blue chip signees fail to qualify for admission and an inordinate amount of attrition of players in general over the past 2 coaching regimes. Most of our highest rated recruiting classes were falsely bolstered in ranking by sheer number of recruits rather than player quality.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new S&CC but if Richt decides that swasey is right for the job I wouldn't complain.

Whats your point? There are people at the local gym without a trainer or coach that are getting just as big/ripped and even more so than aqm. Read my post before yours, you are giving too much credit/blame to the SC coach. Im not saying give him all the credit but dont make it seem like he is not doing his job. If he wanted to, Swasey could make him even bigger or help him trim down (thats not his call). Most of this is common knowledge, its not rocket science. He is just there to encourage them and make sure they follow what they are supposed to do.

And by the way, u think aqm wasnt consulting with swasey while he was suspended? this is division1 college football, most likely he laid out the plan for aqm and aqm put in the work in the gym.

once again, you're either not reading the entire conversation or just aren't making much of a argument. the argument is about the entire team and we have come up short. macho used aqm as an example of a guy who isn't doughy. so i said aqm isn't a great example bc he made most of his gains while not working out with the team. i can't tell from reading your post if your agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Advertisement

See, there's no way I can win here. Any UM player I mention that's shredded you're going to say they're a gym rat or freak. Any players I mention that did well at the combine you're gonna say it was the 2 months of training they went through prior to testing.

Anyways, like I said, the doughy players you're referring to were ASKED TO GAIN WEIGHT. Chickillo looked doughy because Golden wanted him to gain weight to play the 4-technique in his garbage defense. He was never supposed to be 288lbs.

How do you explain some of our recent/current players breaking All-Time lifting records at Miami? Records that were held by some of our greatest players.

See, there's no way I can win here. Any UM player I mention that's shredded you're going to say they're a gym rat or freak. Any players I mention that did well at the combine you're gonna say it was the 2 months of training they went through prior to testing.

Anyways, like I said, the doughy players you're referring to were ASKED TO GAIN WEIGHT. Chickillo looked doughy because Golden wanted him to gain weight to play the 4-technique in his garbage defense. He was never supposed to be 288lbs.

overreaction much. are you denying that aqm didn't coming back that way after suspension when he wasn't working out with the team? i understand golden's obsession with weight gain. do you understand that even before golden are guys stamina was underpar and many of them didn't develop much physically (glenn cook, olivier vernon, calais campbell, jacory harris, etc, etc.) then look at other teams in the country where you actually see positive gains. now if you're saying that swasey needs to be micromanaged to a tee by richt to succeed then so be it i guess.

Advertisement
How do you explain some of our recent/current players breaking All-Time lifting records at Miami? Records that were held by some of our greatest players.

keep you're fatty body builders. i want explosive high endurance football players.

I think if you ask most players you'll find that Swasey does a good job. To Prout them with this team has not been Swayze but the coaches

He's gotten horrid results under THREE DIFFERENT COACHES. At what point do you say "it's time to move on from a guy who has been apart of nothing but endless failure?"

What's crazy is that the dude has a great racket going. Like Wario, he uses his friendships to make him seem like he's some valued asset to the school. Dude's been stealing checks for years.

You do realize our Strength and Conditioning consists of 7 people?

I trust Mark Richt knows what a real S&C program should look like. I'm sure that will play in his decision as to whether he keeps Swasey or not.

Doesn't Swasey manage the S&C for all athletics? I feel like we need one savage dedicated to football.

Let Swasey be the personal trainer for all the swimmers and soccer players. Fine with me. His entire career has been with failed staff after failed staff. Guy has the stink of THREE loser HCs on him.

Please stop talking because you were unaware that UM has 7 strength and Conditioning coaches and Tyler Farwell is the S&C over swimming

Advertisement
Back