Chick Hates Golden

It's just too painful to face the fact that we haven't had good coaching or a good team in years. Even the 9 win teams weren't good, just a little luckier than the 7 win teams. So you claim it's that the S&C guy isn't getting them fit or that admissions isn't accepting the right players, or donna was too liberal. Get real man, it's the coaching and recruiting. I don't know or care if Swasey should stay, but I do know that it doesn't make a ton of difference. If coach Richt is who I think he is, we're going to be recruiting better players, and more of them. And when they get here Swasey or whoever is going to do a good job of making them into physical specimens, of he is going to find himself another job. Either trust that Richt will make the right call on Swasey or admit that you don't believe in our coach and the least of your worries is S&C.

Advertisement
Whats funny is you ****gots gushed over LSU weight training then i watch this year how arkansas and missisipi state and e others pushed their **** in....

Everybody loves to hate on Swasey but nobody here knows what he does. You base your opinions off of what you see on the field, which can be completely misleading. A team that lacks talent and/or coaching will look weak at times. You guys actually think Miami was the stronger team on the field when we used to beat up on Nebraska back in the day? LOL (no)

We've had players at Miami that measure/test extremely well. Swasey seemed to work for those guys. Are you saying there's an S&C coach in the country who could actually have AQM looking better than he already does? I've seen our players up close and personnel...shirtless (no warchant)...and our kids look the part. (minus the O-line, they currently look terrible)

A lot of our poor physiques and poor measureables can be attributed to recruiting. I don't give a **** who your S&C coach is, Terry McCray ain't never gonna test well. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T RECRUIT KIDS LIKE THAT!!!! You look at the big time athletes that we recruited and those are the guys that test well.

Miami was never the strongest team in the country, we were the fastest and most explosive. We had guys with fast forties and high verticals. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jon Vilma, Sean Taylor, Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, etc...were not weight room warriors. Trent Richardson was however. Would you take him over Frank Gore?

I bet you can't show me single monster in the country that wasn't already a monster before he met his S&C coach.

I'll guarantee you that our S&C numbers will not improve at all under Richt, we'll just look more conditioned cause he'll recruit better athletes and we'll play faster.

Golden was out there recruiting LB's that bench 265 and CB's that run 4.6's and yall expect Swasey to turn us into a strong and fast team? LOL

Recruit beasts rather than trying to create them. Hard to argue that.

Bottom line Swasey is pretty much gone and NOBODY in Divison football is knocking down his door.

Advertisement
Logic escapes the swasey lovers.

On the one hand, they say "these guys don't matter", but then get defensive over the idea of losing a guy who, to them "makes no difference".

Then you have folks saying "it's the coaching guys".....as if Swasey isn't a coach.

It's almost like these people think that position coaches are either good or bad bc they know some secret info, but since everyone knows how to do a bench press, there is no difference amongst S&C coaches.

In reality, all these guys, even the position coaches, have the same knowledge. There is no special technique that Paul Williams, Art Kehoe, or Andreu Swasey don't know that their counterparts do. But attention to detail, communication, motivation, demanding perfection, managing personalities, knowing how far to push a kid, evolving. These are the things that separate the good coaches. And I can assure you that not all S&Cs are the same.

Lots of the Players hate Golden. Was actually talking to a player today and basically asking him how much he liked the hire. He said that He loved it and wished he was a freshman. Then he said how he was ****ed that he basically wasted his career here under "Adolf". Yes, he called Golden Hitler, which I thought was funny.

FYI, there not many former players working out at UM anymore as there's a new hotspot and a few others around now. It isn't anything other than SB and the weather bringing them here during the off-season and the fact some call it home.

I know Swasey and company are sorely understaffed. I mentioned that before. FSU has a trainer for every two football players. We aren't anywhere near that. That isn't uncommon from what I've been told, but our numbers are on the low side.

More than Swasey getting gone, they need more people. They need better nutrition tables. Just get the athletes in here doesn't work anymore, but in our case, it could certainly help.

Logic escapes the swasey lovers.

On the one hand, they say "these guys don't matter", but then get defensive over the idea of losing a guy who, to them "makes no difference".

Then you have folks saying "it's the coaching guys".....as if Swasey isn't a coach.

It's almost like these people think that position coaches are either good or bad bc they know some secret info, but since everyone knows how to do a bench press, there is no difference amongst S&C coaches.

In reality, all these guys, even the position coaches, have the same knowledge. There is no special technique that Paul Williams, Art Kehoe, or Andreu Swasey don't know that their counterparts do. But attention to detail, communication, motivation, demanding perfection, managing personalities, knowing how far to push a kid, evolving. These are the things that separate the good coaches. And I can assure you that not all S&Cs are the same.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You didnt even know UM has 7 S&C coaches. So you have no clue how the program works but stating your words as fact.

Victor Ishmael is the S&C for our tackles and linemen. He has 19 years experience and worked at Georgia, south Carolina and UNC. So you saying he is not qualified? He even played tackle himself.

Also our players straight up destroy the combines with their testing. The S&C is not responsible for wins and loses. That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. It is also clear you don't attend games. Miami by FAR is the one of the most physically intimidating teams in college football. UM players are HUGE and ripped.

Advertisement
I have not heard about FSU #'s re trainers. Is that accurate? How does this comply with how many NCAA staff that are permitted?

FYI, there not many former players working out at UM anymore as there's a new hotspot and a few others around now. It isn't anything other than SB and the weather bringing them here during the off-season and the fact some call it home.

I know Swasey and company are sorely understaffed. I mentioned that before. FSU has a trainer for every two football players. We aren't anywhere near that. That isn't uncommon from what I've been told, but our numbers are on the low side.

More than Swasey getting gone, they need more people. They need better nutrition tables. Just get the athletes in here doesn't work anymore, but in our case, it could certainly help.

I have not heard about FSU #'s re trainers. Is that accurate? How does this comply with how many NCAA staff that are permitted?

I don't know what you would consider trainers but S&C coaches FSU only has 5

Whats funny is you ****gots gushed over LSU weight training then i watch this year how arkansas and missisipi state and e others pushed their **** in....

Moffit got retarded when Miles' 1970s Bo Schembechler offense completely stopped working.

Advertisement
No program in the country talks about the S&C coach more than this board
- the facts are our 4 star players either never qualify or they get kicked off the team
- we have a ton of 3 star guys who we get excited about bc teh dominate other 3 star players in camp......

Need better talent and better coaching - 1/2 of teh work is done

that is BS obviously you are talking out your ***. not many players work out here anymore?? where the **** are you getting that from?? and alot of players with no ties to the school or the city of Miami whatsoever come down to work out at UM. cant remember names off the top of my head but just this past offseason there was a gang of NFL players many with no ties to the school or the city taking pictures working out at the U. so you can stop with all of that "its bc they call it home" bs. you think they come for the weather?? lmao why dont they go to california then? how about fsu and uf? just so you know we are not the only place with good weather in the summer.

Advertisement

This is actually false. This past off season we had more guys back working out at the school than ever before. Allen Bailey, Lamar, TB3, Brandon Harris, DVD, Jimmy, Frank Gore, Vilma, DJ Williams all were consistently working out on campus as opposed to places like Bommaritos and Boca facilities.

Everybody loves to hate on Swasey but nobody here knows what he does. You base your opinions off of what you see on the field, which can be completely misleading. A team that lacks talent and/or coaching will look weak at times. You guys actually think Miami was the stronger team on the field when we used to beat up on Nebraska back in the day? LOL (no)

We've had players at Miami that measure/test extremely well. Swasey seemed to work for those guys. Are you saying there's an S&C coach in the country who could actually have AQM looking better than he already does? I've seen our players up close and personnel...shirtless (no warchant)...and our kids look the part. (minus the O-line, they currently look terrible)

A lot of our poor physiques and poor measureables can be attributed to recruiting. I don't give a **** who your S&C coach is, Terry McCray ain't never gonna test well. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T RECRUIT KIDS LIKE THAT!!!! You look at the big time athletes that we recruited and those are the guys that test well.

Miami was never the strongest team in the country, we were the fastest and most explosive. We had guys with fast forties and high verticals. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jon Vilma, Sean Taylor, Warren Sapp, Clinton Portis, etc...were not weight room warriors. Trent Richardson was however. Would you take him over Frank Gore?

I bet you can't show me single monster in the country that wasn't already a monster before he met his S&C coach.

I'll guarantee you that our S&C numbers will not improve at all under Richt, we'll just look more conditioned cause he'll recruit better athletes and we'll play faster.

Golden was out there recruiting LB's that bench 265 and CB's that run 4.6's and yall expect Swasey to turn us into a strong and fast team? LOL

Recruit beasts rather than trying to create them. Hard to argue that.

Everybody points to Alabama and LSU players but go look at the kids they recruit. Look at them coming out of high school. They ain't recruiting Terry McCrays.

Swasey is probably the worst coach to ever last this long at any university. He's an effing disaster.

Weak, slow, out of shape, horrendous conditioning. That's the job he's done. Anyone who doesn't want him gone is no Canes fan.

The worst coach.... LOL.. He has more first rounders than just about every single strength coach out there. I mean give up this Swasey BS its embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back