Chemistry?

Advertisement
As a recruit you had the option to go to any University you wanted to. You came to the Canes. You were raised in South Florida, You routed for the Canes, you are a Miami Dolphin, Heat and Hurricane fan but mainly bleed Orange and Green. There is tons of support and you're flowered with affection for your decision. Freshman year you don't get in often but coaches are pleased with your progress. You are in line to become a starter but what happens...the **** Portal. The excuse is the portal dude has EXPERIENCE because he played on a less talented team where he started as a Freshman. The portal dude becomes the starter with less time in the system but experience overrides your role. The question becomes HOW WILL I GET EXPERIENCE when this new dude walks right into it. Maybe I should've gone where I would've been more appreciated. As this happens in multiple positions id the team CHEMISTRY damaged, after all I came here to be a CANE and this dude is here for his own personal gain.
I despise the portal and the way it is being used. I'd hate to be the 4 or 5 star overlooked by a one year new guy and I cannot but think it affects team Chemistry, probably the most important aspect in development. Our historic Canes constantly remark how they didn't want to let there teammates or the TEAM down. I just don't see the bonding I saw with the successful Canes, there is something remiss and I believe it is CHEMISTRY. Parish came in and took over as RB (yet left again for his personal gain he sure wasn't a devoted Hurricane) and talk is we need another EXPERIENCED RB, no wonder the RB's are fleeing and 5 defensive Linemen. I miss the CHEMISTRY we had.
Here's the CHEMISTRY thing @fraggle the best CHEMISTRY players play period. End of CHEMISTRY story. CHEMISTRY This is a business. You play CHEMISTRY to win. This isn't CHEMISTRY recball with your buddies.

CHEMISTRY

As a recruit you had the option to go to any University you wanted to. You came to the Canes. You were raised in South Florida, You routed for the Canes, you are a Miami Dolphin, Heat and Hurricane fan but mainly bleed Orange and Green. There is tons of support and you're flowered with affection for your decision. Freshman year you don't get in often, but coaches are pleased with your progress. You are in line to become a starter but what happens...the **** Portal. The excuse is the portal dude has EXPERIENCE because he played on a less talented team where he started as a Freshman. The portal dude becomes the starter with less time in the system but experience overrides your role. The question becomes HOW WILL I GET EXPERIENCE when this new dude walks right into it. Maybe I should've gone where I would've been more appreciated. As this happens in multiple positions id the team CHEMISTRY damaged, after all I came here to be a CANE and this dude is here for his own personal gain.
I despise the portal and the way it is being used. I'd hate to be the 4 or 5 star overlooked by a one year new guy and I cannot but think it affects team Chemistry, probably the most important aspect in development. Our historic Canes constantly remark how they didn't want to let there teammates or the TEAM down. I just don't see the bonding I saw with the successful Canes, there is something remiss and I believe it is CHEMISTRY. Parish came in and took over as RB (yet left again for his personal gain he sure wasn't a devoted Hurricane) and talk is we need another EXPERIENCED RB, no wonder the RB's are fleeing and 5 defensive Linemen. I miss the CHEMISTRY we had.

It also raises the question of 'why didn't we recruit either of Ward out of high school or someone like Martinez' when mostly everyone here thinks they are better than anyone on our roster at the moment? Maybe, but why was Martinez only a 3 star? I doubt we ever recruited him. We had as many as 3 rb's on our roster just last season that were rated alot higher than him. Of course injuries do not help, and it is why we are in our situation of needing a true #1.

Also, a lot are noticing better vision from Martinez than Fletcher at the moment. Why is that? Is it a product of playing somewhere and getting the practice/game reps compared to sitting behind multiple higher rated guys? If we would have signed either of these two out of high school this board would have had a major meltdown. Ward especially. He worked hard and improved his skill set so much he is now here and our starter next season.

This is why I get a chuckle out of the EW haters. True freshman and the team beats Clemson who has destroyed us. Put us in a position to possibly beat FSU, who has also destroyed us, and he is getting shredded as if he has peaked in his abilities.

Honestly, I hate the portal also. Think it is bad for the game and will get worse and maybe never better. It has really benefited us though!

As a recruit you had the option to go to any University you wanted to. You came to the Canes. You were raised in South Florida, You routed for the Canes, you are a Miami Dolphin, Heat and Hurricane fan but mainly bleed Orange and Green. There is tons of support and you're flowered with affection for your decision. Freshman year you don't get in often but coaches are pleased with your progress. You are in line to become a starter but what happens...the **** Portal. The excuse is the portal dude has EXPERIENCE because he played on a less talented team where he started as a Freshman. The portal dude becomes the starter with less time in the system but experience overrides your role. The question becomes HOW WILL I GET EXPERIENCE when this new dude walks right into it. Maybe I should've gone where I would've been more appreciated. As this happens in multiple positions id the team CHEMISTRY damaged, after all I came here to be a CANE and this dude is here for his own personal gain.
I haven't read this but I'll take a break in an hour. I know this is going to be good

Advertisement
It sounds like you're expressing a concern that's shared by many in the collegiate sports community. The transfer portal has indeed changed the dynamics of college athletics, allowing players to move more freely between programs. This can lead to situations where incoming players with experience from other teams are favored over current players who have been part of the program but haven't had as much playing time.

The question of how to gain experience when new transfers are immediately given starting roles is a valid one. It can be frustrating for players who have dedicated their time and effort to a program, hoping to earn their spot through progression and team loyalty.

As for team chemistry, it's a complex and delicate balance. Chemistry is built over time through shared experiences, trust, and camaraderie. When players frequently transfer in and out, it can disrupt the sense of unity and shared purpose that is often key to a team's success.

The concerns about team bonding and chemistry are understandable. Historic teams often highlight their close-knit nature as a crucial factor in their success. The feeling of being part of something larger than oneself, where each member doesn't want to let the others down, can be a powerful motivator.

It's a challenging situation without easy answers. The transfer portal was created with the intention of giving student-athletes more freedom and control over their athletic careers, but it also brings unintended consequences like the ones you've described. Balancing individual opportunity with team cohesion is an ongoing conversation in the world of college sports.

winnie the pooh GIF

Advertisement
Sometimes having someone behind you trying to take your your position brings out the best in you . Something this program hasn't seen in a long time

Advertisement
Fraggleyou saucy b*tch! We speeballing tonight?

Or maybe micro-dosing some acid and ketamine??

You’re soooo right chemistry must be right!! Lmao.

Trust me Mario is making all players aware of the new era of CFB and expectations… He isn’t trying to sell any kids to the birds. He is giving them HIS honest feedback. Thoughts on what they should do and go.

If HE is right or not we shall. But is imperative we WIN this season. For so many reasons.

Advertisement
Jacurri is gone.... Let it go... He's not coming back.... Sorry your favorite recruit didn't pan out... Life happens...
Let It Go GIF by The Rainbow Bridge

Advertisement
Back