Cheez-It Bowl: Oklahoma State v Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont have any insight...just a guess considering Cononey has coached them since youngings and he works with the wrs...and Wiggins consistently drops ball only to continue playing. Honestly im not that down on Pope as i believe he is miscast and should be playing in the Harley role that Harley is doing well with next year if he leaves

Cooney can go too then. LOL if you think he's not replaceable

Legit Question.

How Fackin bad is Jeremiah Payton, Mike Redding, & Keyshawn Smith if they can’t sniff the field with studs like Mark Pope & Dee Wiggins performing at their usual level.

( Same goes for Harley, who has flashed at times this season while dominating bums. Props to him for caring at least & making some improvements. This being said please no one utter NFL & Harley to me. CFL / XFL sure f it why not, but no NFL seriously. )
View attachment 139219View attachment 139219
You’re assuming it’s actually a meritocracy and these coaches don’t defer to seniority and preexisting relationships.

The problem with this staff, players, and team is that their are no repurcussions for messing up out there. The same receivers that can only catch germs are kept being allowed to fck up over and over. Theres no next man up so they dont feel threatened. Same with the defense. They play bad football because theres no threat of next man up.
Exactly. It’s Patty cake fluff ball. It’s not politically correct to get in a players grill anymore. Ruined the game

Advertisement
Shoulda declined the invite but the tough guys on the board know better!
That’s what I had said and got blasted by all those same tough guys.Same guys that still live by that “ anyone anywhere anytime mantra”..

need to preface that by “ get our asses whipped by...”

Advertisement
I dont see it.

The dude Cooney been coaching Pope and Wiggins crew since they were like 12. If they aint sit them this year...it aint happening. Mid season some of those freshman should of ate some of their reps.

They would have to be really exceptional early on. I think Brinson definately is.
Maybe Lashlee needs to assert some authority with his new job title and $300k pay rise and tell Cooney where to shove his loyalty to **** players.

Jim Carrey Gag GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
Shoulda declined the invite but the tough guys on the board know better!

Yeah there were a few of us who said it was totally pointless to play this game. It's not just the chance of injury, why put players at risk of catching COVID for a meaningless game? If ever there was a time to say, "the health of the players is more important than the bowl money" this was the season.

Maybe the NCAA will start a 7v7 league, since we always get those 7v7 all-stars, cause 11v11 ain't their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back