Sophomore
Advertisement
2016 CB Chauncey Gardner

http://247sports.com/Player/Chauncey-Gardner-25770

Miami offers June 8th, 2013..

Commits to Miami June 8th, 2013..

Attends Florida camp June 14th, 2014..

Commits to Florida June 14th, 2014..

Decommits from Florida January 5th, 2015..

Attends Junior Day at Miami January 25th, 2015..

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Back-In-It-for-Former-CB-Commit-Chauncey-Gardner-35594493

Anybody care to summarize?

- On Junior Day; “It was the same old same old, the new facilities were nice though. I honestly got a lot out of it, I saw who all has come through that program. I could go there and make the next level like so many of the guys who did it already.”
- Spent a lot of time with Hurlie and Golden telling him he can start etc
- On 2016 recruiting class; “I noticed they’re number one but a recruiting class can be all that. I’m not impressed because a lot of schools have the same thing. It’s nice they have the best one right now but they need to play like it in college.”
- Doesn't have any top schools, wants to visit up north.
- Plans to to take his time now explore his options.

Gardner and byrd would be great

Welp dosent sound to good from that summary

This kid is a ridiculous athlete, met national elite standards for 100m and 200m as a sophomore.

posted official 100m--10.71, long jump 22-6 feet, and triple jump almost 44 feet. - Courtesy of Stoutbeast

Advertisement
I ref in the Brevard area and did a couple Cocoa games this year. Kid blocked two punts and scored on one of them. Very good athlete and plays with an attitude. He was wearing UF gloves during the game, so I walked by him and said you need to put those U gloves back on. He smiled and laughed at me!! Would love to get him back.

Advertisement
Sounds like he has the right attitude.. likes the U, but needs to see success before he commits. Two decommitments before the end of his junior year does worry me though..

Sounds like the kind of cat that's waiting on a Bama or Auburn offer and bails the F outta South Florida

I ref in the Brevard area and did a couple Cocoa games this year. Kid blocked two punts and scored on one of them. Very good athlete and plays with an attitude. He was wearing UF gloves during the game, so I walked by him and said you need to put those U gloves back on. He smiled and laughed at me!! Would love to get him back.

I went to Cocoa High when its football sucked.

Advertisement
He ends up at Bama, FSU, or Florida.

"Same old same old" LMAO. Any time spent chasing him is wasted but I guess The U gotta try.

Advertisement
I'm suspicious of anyone named Chauncey. That name should be reserved for greasy white dudes rolling around Staten Island in Camaros.

Advertisement
Back