Chauncey Gardner update

brock

All-American
Would love to get him back man
Four-star Cocoa (Fla.) cornerback Chauncey Gardner has been committed to Florida and Miami (Fla.) at different points during his recruitment, but now that he's uncommitted, don't expect a decision any time soon.

"I am waiting all the way out," Gardner said.

During an on-site interview, the 6-foot, 194-pound Gardner reports "high interest" in Florida, Miami (Fla.) and Ohio State, where Tony Alford, his former recruiter at Notre Dame, now coaches.

He spoke about what stands out with regards to each of the programs he lists "warm" interest in.

Ohio State: "It makes me look at everything now. Now that Tony Alford has switched schools, it changes my whole idea about what's going on."

Of course, 2017 athlete and teammate Bruce Judson is a Buckeyes commit.

Miami: "The swagg and south Beach. You want to go to south beach."

Florida: "The tradition. The tradition they have with defensive backs and the winning that they've done there."

There are three programs who have not offered, who Gardner would love to get an offer from.

"Michigan because Jim Harbaugh is there now, Ole Miss and LSU," he said.

Because he currently is running track, Gardner has no spring or summer visits lined up.

Gardner is the No. 9 cornerback prospect in the 2016 cycle per 247Sports Composite rankings.

Advertisement
Would love to get him back man
Four-star Cocoa (Fla.) cornerback Chauncey Gardner has been committed to Florida and Miami (Fla.) at different points during his recruitment, but now that he's uncommitted, don't expect a decision any time soon.

"I am waiting all the way out," Gardner said.

During an on-site interview, the 6-foot, 194-pound Gardner reports "high interest" in Florida, Miami (Fla.) and Ohio State, where Tony Alford, his former recruiter at Notre Dame, now coaches.

He spoke about what stands out with regards to each of the programs he lists "warm" interest in.

Ohio State: "It makes me look at everything now. Now that Tony Alford has switched schools, it changes my whole idea about what's going on."

Of course, 2017 athlete and teammate Bruce Judson is a Buckeyes commit.

Miami: "The swagg and south Beach. You want to go to south beach."

Florida: "The tradition. The tradition they have with defensive backs and the winning that they've done there."

There are three programs who have not offered, who Gardner would love to get an offer from.

"Michigan because Jim Harbaugh is there now, Ole Miss and LSU," he said.

Because he currently is running track, Gardner has no spring or summer visits lined up.

Gardner is the No. 9 cornerback prospect in the 2016 cycle per 247Sports Composite rankings.

LSU just offered.

Want this kid bad. Gives you versatility as he can play corner and safety.

If we can't land a kid like Finley or flip Cook from FSU at safety, you could slot Gardner in for that spot too.

FWIW this kid and Byrd had talked a lot when they were committed to UF.

Advertisement
Want this kid bad. Gives you versatility as he can play corner and safety.

If we can't land a kid like Finley or flip Cook from FSU at safety, you could slot Gardner in for that spot too.

FWIW this kid and Byrd had talked a lot when they were committed to UF.

we need this kid, him and byrd are very similar in their play

I'm just worried about OSU here cause his teammate is stud 2017 ATH Bruce Judson and he is currently committed to OSU.

I'm just worried about OSU here cause his teammate is stud 2017 ATH Bruce Judson and he is currently committed to OSU.
His other teammate Jamal dean from last class went there to I believe

Advertisement
His other teammate Jamal dean from last class went there to I believe

Correct

Here he is on a visit with Judson at OSU.

image.jpg

Dean enrolled early at OSU.

Advertisement
Forget him. Don't even mention him on the board again. Like someone said in another post our record of bringing back decommits is zero.

Advertisement
His top 3 is actually FSU, OSU and LSU with UF on the outside of the top 3.

Advertisement
Back