Chase Smith and Garcia

If I could buy stock in Jake Garcia I sure as **** would.
I agree! Word of caution though because I bought Tate Martell stock and currently me and my dog are sharing food. The good part is on Fridays we share a little tin of Cesars (filet mignon is our favorite) and we only have one more day to wait!

Too soon on Garcia although showed enough to get you excited. We roll with King against the Tide and are better off if he is ready.

Advertisement
Ok. Jim Kelly, first start and true freshmen lit Penn State up in Happy Valley. Scnellenberger had the balls to put in Kelly and he smoked PSU (this, my friends was the moment that set Miami on the ppath to greatness).
Penn State wasn’t a National Champ then, and it wasn’t the very first game of the season. It was about halfway in.

But he did win the game.

So once every 50 years. Good catch. Got to love those odds.

Last edited:
I agree! Word of caution though because I bought Tate Martell stock and currently me and my dog are sharing food. The good part is on Fridays we share a little tin of Cesars (filet mignon is our favorite) and we only have one more day to wait!

Too soon on Garcia although showed enough to get you excited. We roll with King against the Tide and are better off if he is ready.
I know the coaches line is that King will be ready, and if he isn't then I would start Garcia.

5f03a7bbef06820722fc7ecd7b57fdeb.jpg

Advertisement
Penn State wasn’t a National Champ then, and it wasn’t the very first game of the season. It was about halfway in.

But he did win the game.

So once every 50 years. Good catch. Got to love those odds.
Penn St was #18 when we beat them in 79....A better gauge would be the 81 game when they were #1 and a very good team....Blackledge ate our secondary up...thats why Brodsky's TD was the defining moment in UM History...not the 79 game....

TI'There’s no way Garcia doesn’t start next year if Manny is real about this. TVD has the respect of the locker room but you can’t let an elite QB leave your program. TVD wins us the Coastal, Garcia can get us back in the championship talk.
huh,if TVD beats him out and he starts then Manny ain't real bout this🤦🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️? So Garcia will still get us back to championship and TVD just Coastal if he beats him out? TVD would still have the locker room right? Both guys are elite and Manny should go with whoever wins the battle period,and not start someone so they don't leave the program.

1) you’re beyond late to the Chase party. You didn’t need to watch 90 😂 hours of video. You only needed to read the spring threads. Also, don’t bother notifying the players and coaches. They already know. He’ll be the starting striker by game 5, as I said in March. 3/23 see below
2) Jake is solid. He won’t start, or probably see the field this year. TVD will be next years starter. Again, ask the players and coaches. He’s maturing quickly and they love his game. He played mostly against the second team in practice and the spring game. He easily could have had 4/5 picks in the spring game. I’m sure you know this, because you watched so much film. TVD doesn’t make mistakes. His only “issue” is that he stopped pushing the deep ball and they’re working on that.
3) There’s an entire thread about Keontra playing LB’er and Manny’s move to speed at the position.

I do appreciate all of your time spent in the dark watching film. My post from 3/23 below
View attachment 146571

4) HERE IS ONE YOU AND MOST EVERYONE MISSED… DJ is coming along nicely and he might be a big dam deal come next season. His press game is improving BIG TIME and T-Rob is no joke. Him and Tyrique are in his head and he’s competing/motivated to be a beast next season. He’s moving from liability to asset. I’d bet anyone right now, including Liberty (said with RESPECT) he’s getting drafted. 🤫😳😜💯🙌
one thing that is a certainty is that Miami finds ways to keep talent off the field, especially true freshman talent. Our defense is “Too complicated” for a true freshman to start, sometime even for a 2-3rd year guy

Advertisement
This. I like him. He’s a good kid and all, but he leaves a lot to be desired- ESPECIALLY in the read option game (keeps when he should give/gives when he should keep)? ***king maddening....
I agree, but That’s not all on him. That’s the OC’s fault too. He even said that, we don’t run enough zone read. With a QB like King, we should run it wayyy more than we have.

1. I am also incredibly high on Chase, I had him ranked as the 4th overall player in our 2021 class. Its exciting to think of what Chase & J Will can do on field together.
2. As far as Garcia goes, I came away very impressed with him in spring game too.......BUT I can't crown a kid till I see him take a hit to see how he reacts. If Jake keeps working I think he'll be the favorite to be QB1 2022.
I had Chase 1 on my board. LT & James deserved the hype but Chase film, athleticism & projections were insane.

Advertisement
I agree, but That’s not all on him. That’s the OC’s fault too. He even said that, we don’t run enough zone read. With a QB like King, we should run it wayyy more than we have.
Dude is HATING on King no matter how he tries to disguise it. Last year was Kings first year running the read option. Miami has plenty of pretend "fans".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back