Charlie Strong LB's coach

I hear you and will tap into my inner @IndayArtHauz (who is at least as cool a dude as Billy Zane) to respond with some friendly advice:

Baby doll, message boards can be ruthless places. Full of sharks. And when they smell blood in the water, it's a frenzy. So the more you keep responding and acknowledging it gets to you, the more they will come at you. If you're bleeding and the sharks start circling, just get out of the ocean for a minute until they lose interest.
0570A9AA-C57E-4050-B787-B0B8E9F3F693.gif

Advertisement
When they first got here some of us went out deep sea fishing & u should've seen these old *** country boys. They were literally in paradise. This isn't some flash in the pan job for them. They love it here and we as a university,as an alumni base & as a fan base will all love having them here as well.
Makes perfect sense. What 60+ year old red-blooded American wouldn't wanna live in South Florida??? These two just happen to be elite defensive minds. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility that these two(especially Steele) close out their careers here. I'm sure they know how much more revered they'd be as senior members of the staff that brings us back...

Makes perfect sense. What 60+ year old red-blooded American wouldn't wanna live in South Florida??? These two just happen to be elite defensive minds. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility that these two(especially Steele) close out their careers here. I'm sure they know how much more revered they'd be as senior members of the staff that brings us back...

You know Mirabal and Salave’a aren’t going anywhere soon. If Steele and Strong stick around a few years that’s the most stable senior staff of rock stars in the nation.

I know Mario can find other great coaches. But I’m hoping this staff is like the Star Trek staff that sees no need to go elsewhere because they’re the best at what they do working with the best at what they do in Paradise.

Advertisement
Steele ain't going nowhere!

You know Mirabal and Salave’a aren’t going anywhere soon. If Steele and Strong stick around a few years that’s the most stable senior staff of rock stars in the nation.

I know Mario can find other great coaches. But I’m hoping this staff is like the Star Trek staff that sees no need to go elsewhere because they’re the best at what they do working with the best at what they do in Paradise.
I think we'll lose Addae and Gattis within a couple years, but that's it. Maybe Jason Taylor parlays this into another college job. (primary DL coach somewhere)

For some reason I doubt Strong gets plucked for another DC job.
Steele was about to retire for good before Mario got him aboard, so I doubt he goes anywhere else. He wants to win a title.
I can honestly see losing DVD. He does a good job recruiting and he may get plucked for a (primary) DB job somewhere.

I think we'll lose Addae and Gattis within a couple years, but that's it. Maybe Jason Taylor parlays this into another college job. (primary DL coach somewhere)

Steele was about to retire for good before Mario got him aboard, so I doubt he goes anywhere else. He wants to win a title.
I can honestly see losing DVD. He does a good job recruiting and he may get plucked for a (primary) DB job somewhere.

Curious on your take. When the staff was being put together, I read some comments about Addae, saying he seems be a star coach in the making, and a prime candidate for a DC gig somewhere down the line. Have you heard the same? And, if so, is there a chance he could have a future with us?

Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif

Advertisement
Is he the canemiacang305 or whatever his name is that you ripped the other day on there? I try to stick to reading the gator board but will venture onto the Miami board a little and that guy might be the top poRster anywhere. Just horrific to read and poRsts non-stop
He just stole @CreativeCane “recruiting tears Bingo” and finally got positive feedback on site

D0B8F213-5F26-427B-800F-B6DCFFA121E4.png

DVD wont leave. His girl has a nice gig here and he is home. If he can keep a gig at UM he will stay for some time. He got two young kids that are involved in youth sports in the area...unless its a big raise he aint rushing to leave.

I can actually see JT getting the DL job here if one of the other guys leaves (Wright,Salavea). Remember JT still has his dolphins announcing gig too.

Also those guys in support staff i can see moving up...Im a huge fan of the Sabbath Josephs and Pata's.

Advertisement
Mario
Alex Mirabal
Josh Gattis
Kevin Smith
Stephen Field
Ponce
Rod Wright
Jason Taylor
Jahlile Addae
Joe Salavea
Dennis Smith

Really the only ones I don't hear much about is strong and Steele. Which is understandable for Steele because he's an old DC. I'm just saying I don't really hear much about strong in the recruiting articles and etc which is strange because he's a position coach and those guys are the primary recruiters.
Bump

Advertisement
You guys overreact to everything. I simply made a comment saying I haven't heard much about strong on the recruiting trail and was wondering if this could be a one in done situation. And you guys take it like I'm calling him a bum, saying he needs to be fired. What's funny is I was one of the first people to bring up Strong as a possible Co-DC/LB coach and got called an idiot left and right and now after we hired him I bring up the fact I haven't heard much about him recruiting and wondered if this could be a 1 year type of thing I get **** for that . I never questioned strong the coach one bit. I simply asked about his recruiting because I haven't heard anything about him.
Considering it's july! If that's da case we haven't gotten a RB yet! Does that make kevin smith a bum? if you're going by position commits then kevin smith and dvd and addae is lacking. cuz we don't have a safety committed either! Stafford is an athlete.

Advertisement
Back