Charlie Strong hired as Bama analyst

Advertisement
Smart move by strong good dc but failed as a hc at two places. Maybe being around saban he get it figured out.

What is Chuckie Weak's goal here? To rehab his image with Sabag dust in an effort to get another HC job? If so, I'm afraid I've gots some bad news.

What is Chuckie Weak's goal here? To rehab his image with Sabag dust in an effort to get another HC job? If so, I'm afraid I've gots some bad news.

I guess so.

It’s really not the most high profile position, being an analyst. But since he’s getting a buyout from USF, there’s no real need from him to get a DC job. He’ll essentially be working for free no matter what job he takes (since his salary at his next job gets subtracted from his USF buyout), so he might as well take the job that requires the least responsibility and work hours.

Plus, Pete Golding, the Bama DC, isn’t well liked. Some Bama fans are hoping Strong will replace him at mid season. This gives Strong several months to learn Saban’s system before that might happen.

Advertisement
I guess so.

It’s really not the most high profile position, being an analyst. But since he’s getting a buyout from USF, there’s no real need from him to get a DC job. He’ll essentially be working for free no matter what job he takes (since his salary at his next job gets subtracted from his USF buyout), so he might as well take the job that requires the least responsibility and work hours.

Plus, Pete Golding, the Bama DC, isn’t well liked. Some Bama fans are hoping Strong will replace him at mid season. This gives Strong several months to learn Saban’s system before that might happen.

Those are good points. I neglected to think about the buyout being compromised by immediately taking another DC job and was unaware that he might have a glide path into Baga's DC spot.

Advertisement
Back