Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
Will be a solid interim choice after Cristobal gets fired.
I like your forward thinking.

NOT.

Get Out Of Here Keegan Michael Key GIF by Saturday Night Live

We're talking about a guy who's had specific duties coaching linebackers at the college and pro levels, not to mention being a DC, assistant HC, and HC. It's crazy to see that one dude try to spin it ("What's the qualifications, bro?" And then he proceeds to get numerous responses with facts and bio data, only to reply, "what's the qualifications, bro. Manny Diaz, bro. etc.) To question the qualifications on this hire means you're either football-deficient in terms of knowledge, a troll, or just a sad sack of a human who will be miserable irregardless.

And it's so maddening to see all these hires get these BS qualifiers. "Oh, the DB coach didn't do any recruiting or coaching at UGA, it was all Smarchump." "Kevin Steel's old." "Frank Ponce is ugly and was hired because he has a secret agreement to be our OC one year from now." "Aren't there too many cooks in the kitchen?" I mean, is this real life? Could this staff bust? Sure. But at the time of hire, this is the most accomplished and qualified staff we've had in decades. Just enjoy it for now. Sheesh…
Need to keep a list of the names and continue to expose them. It’s not hard to figure out who they are. It’s the same insufferable ****’s. It’s like they have an agenda against anything positive reported or posted regarding the program.

Advertisement
We're talking about a guy who's had specific duties coaching linebackers at the college and pro levels, not to mention being a DC, assistant HC, and HC. It's crazy to see that one dude try to spin it ("What's the qualifications, bro?" And then he proceeds to get numerous responses with facts and bio data, only to reply, "what's the qualifications, bro. Manny Diaz, bro. etc.) To question the qualifications on this hire means you're either football-deficient in terms of knowledge, a troll, or just a sad sack of a human who will be miserable irregardless.

And it's so maddening to see all these hires get these BS qualifiers. "Oh, the DB coach didn't do any recruiting or coaching at UGA, it was all Smarchump." "Kevin Steel's old." "Frank Ponce is ugly and was hired because he has a secret agreement to be our OC one year from now." "Aren't there too many cooks in the kitchen?" I mean, is this real life? Could this staff bust? Sure. But at the time of hire, this is the most accomplished and qualified staff we've had in decades. Just enjoy it for now. Sheesh…
A good portion of this board is more concerned with being able to say "I told you so" instead of rooting for the program. There's measured criticism, and then there's those guys.

Great hire by Mario!!! Strong can coach defense and recruit with the best of them. No more romper room on the sidelines fellas!
Spin it how you want, but Mario s getting lunched, periot!!

Saban and Kirby are the ones playing chess and I don't even think Mario's playing checkers. They both know what could have happened down here with recruiting if we were to have a team of T Rob, B Mac, and Mario, they knew it, and their first order of business was to break up what would have been a dram team of ace recruiters. And what do you know, they succeeded, and in short order.

I don't care what anyone says, this is a bad, bad look on Mario! Mf's are hiring coaches left and right, and we're losing our recruiting advantage and are down to plan C & D options for coaches. We have the money, SPEND IT ALREADY!!
This is not the start any of us envisioned when they announced the hiring of Mario.

He has to find some kind of way to hire Belk, Brady, and Coley, because he's looking terrible right now.
TF???!!!

What a difference a few weeks makes lol

You are delusional if you think asking if a coach is good, is considered moping. Especially when 15 people have responded and none have provided any reasonable evidence that he is actually good at an LB coach. From the evidence provided, he would have been a great DC hire, maybe even better than Steel. But there is nothing to show he would be a good LB coach.
Lol bro u think someone who has been a high level dc and a solid hc at different places AND was just a LB coach in the nfl for a good lb core doesn’t show he can coach linebackers? Like seriously, if someone makes it to a DC role they almost certainly know what each piece on the defense should be doing in games and practice. It’s common sense and a dumb question.

Advertisement
I still can’t quite believe it. Just 4 months ago we were a 2nd tier ACC football program with the Lisp as HC. I still can’t grasp that UM finally woke up with a nuclear football explosion. I imagine I feel so beat down as a Cane fan I’m numb. This from an old Canes fan who when taking a leak in the old OB thought I would fall down from that place swaying. I really hope this new brain trust brings us back to glory. Let’s face it if your a Dolphin and Cane fan the last 20+ years have absolutely sucked. Go Canes! Be nice to fly my U flag again.
Sounds like no better time to break it out and fly it than right now.

Well, I can’t post it in the thread that got locked, so I guess I’ll just have to put it here.

On the 12th day of Mario,
The head coach gave to me:

A Strong hire to help the ‘backers,
A Ponce for the QBs,
An ace for the DBs,
The Broyles-winning OC,
A Steele from the Terps’ staff,
Lane’s running backs guy,
Eaton to monitor what they’re eatin’
One…Massive…Samoan…
A mustache muscle man,
A tiny Cuban hobbit,